The Black Tower discussion

The Way of Kings Scavenger Hunt

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma (ewetten) | 6 comments Did anyone else see this? I guess certain copies of Brandon Sanderson's new book The Way of Kings are going to have some kind of clue to get to a secret page with a Wheel of Time secret! This post has details. Is anyone playing?

message 2: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 78 comments I was going to buy the ebook, but now I might get the hardcover. I don't think he is coming here on his tour so it probably doesn't matter. :(

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma (ewetten) | 6 comments yeah he is only going to like 5 places D:

message 4: by Leilani (new)

Leilani (spanishviolet) | 2 comments Carrie (Care) wrote: "I was going to buy the ebook, but now I might get the hardcover. I don't think he is coming here on his tour so it probably doesn't matter. :("

I do like the idea of ebooks instead of carrying around hefty fantasy tomes, but this might be worth getting the hardcover instead just for the art. I won an advance promotional copy from Goodreads & it contains about half of the maps & art pages, and I think for the next books in the series I'll definitely spring for the hardcover ...

I know the Wheel of Time books have small versions of the art in the ebooks, but it doesn't have quite the same impact on my Sony Reader as it does on the page.

message 5: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 78 comments Has anybody read Chapter 8 that came out with the scavenger hunt? I am dying to read the whole book! at least the prologue comes out soon!

message 6: by Emma (new)

Emma (ewetten) | 6 comments I started to this morning but had to go to work! It sounds pretty awesome, although the tone seemed to deviate more from Jordan's than the last book... D:

message 7: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 78 comments Yes, Mat was still off a bit for me. Or it could just be him being different now that he is married. I still liked it. When I read about any of the characters it feels like I'm home.

message 8: by Tom (new)

Tom (throy567) | 1 comments Carrie (Care) wrote: "Yes, Mat was still off a bit for me. Or it could just be him being different now that he is married. I still liked it. When I read about any of the characters it feels like I'm home."

The Truth is that maybe he is worried about his trip to save another bloody Asi Sedai!