Book Giveaways discussion

Giveaway Extravaganza Blowout!!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Skyler (last edited Sep 14, 2010 04:17PM) (new)

Skyler Since my blog isn't working I will post it here.I am giving away

-1 ARC of Nightshade
-1 copy of the eternal ones by Kirsten Miller (signed)
-a copy of Staccato by Deborah J. Ledford
-a copy of heavenly by Jennifer Laurens (signed)

along with these goodies:
-bookmark of vampire kisses by Ellen Schreiber
-bookmark of the secret year by jennifer r. hubbard(signed)
-bookmark of shadow hills by anastasia hopcus (signed)
-bookmark of Tell me a secret by Holly Cupala
-bookmark of Losing faith by Denise Jaden (signed)
-Losing faith sticker
-bookmark of The Darkest Edge of Dawn by Kelly Gay (signed)
-postcard of the Darkest Edge of Dawn by Kelly Gay (signed)
-bookmark of the ghost huntress book 3: the reason by marley gibson (signed)
-the body finder wristband
-poster of the body finder (signed)
-postcard of Losing Faith by Denise Jaden (signed)
-postcard of the Thirteenth Chime by Emma Michaels(signed)
-bookmark of the thirteenth chime (signed)
-Emma Michaels' business card (signed)
-bookmark of before i fall by Lauren Oliver (signed)
-postcard of overprotected by Jennifer Laurens
-postcard of Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens
-bookmark of Mistwood by Leah Cypess (signed)
-bookmark of dirty little secrets by C.J. Omololu (signed)
-bookmark of the body finder by Kimberly Derting (signed)
-2 postcards of the body finder
-postcard of Staccato by Deborah J. Ledford
-sticker of Tell me a secret by holly cupala
-2 shadow hills buttons

To be entered leave me your e-mail and do the following:

remake the cover for nightshade and send it to ipinedaav2012@epals.com with the subject contest/remake cover.

Tell me how many hardcovers you own and how many YA books you've read this year.

or if you don't know how to remake the cover:
-tell me what you would call the sequel
-make a book trailer
-tell me why you want to read any of the books mentioned
-recommend a YA book/series

1 winner will be chosen using random.org and will be contacted a few days after.

for those that don't win these goodies you can still win some of the bookmarks.

-*contest is open to US residents only.
Deadline is September 13.

The winner will be announced September 17.

message 2: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (disney4me) | 4 comments WOW! That'a a lot of giveaways; of course, I'm mostly interested in the books! I'm reposting what I said earlier, with some additions, as requested.

(This paragraph you didn't ask for in your updated for the book Nightshade, but I'm leaving it anyway. :-))Since I have yet to read this book, going by the title I would say the sequel could be called "Belladonna" or "Moonseed" in sticking with the deadly plant variety.

I have more books and hardcovers than I could count. My hubby is insisting that I get rid of some as I have outgrown two bedrooms.

Concerning the YA books, I have read many, again don't know if I can count them all (since some are in boxes). I find that some of them are incredibly well written and enjoy them as much as the "adult" books I read. If it's paranormal, I read it!

I would like to read these books as it pertains to one of my favorite subjects, werewolves and paranormal, etc. For Nighshade, it would be nice to read one with a young alpha female as so many are men.

As far as making a book trailer, I'm not very creative and will pass on this portion. One of the reasons I love to read so much, is that I find adventure through other's imagination.

Another YA series that I throughly enjoyed was the Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine. I have also enjoyed the book "Need" by Carrie Jones, "Strange Angels" by Lilith Saintcrow and the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer to name a few.

Thanks for the opportunity to win these books. I look forward to the outcome whichever you choose.

Melinda (mouse.minnie@gmail.com)

message 3: by Skyler (last edited Aug 30, 2010 08:37PM) (new)

Skyler Melinda wrote: "WOW! That'a a lot of giveaways; of course, I'm mostly interested in the books! I'm reposting what I said earlier, with some additions, as requested.

(This paragraph you didn't ask for in your u..."

Lol thanks for entering and reposting! Yup I know that's a lot and I'll possibly be adding more another day. Good luck to you even though I don't think many people will enter and even if you don't win the books you'll still get the goodies....Oh and the MV series is my absolute favorite series and I have Need waiting to be read and i have heard of the other books which I need to check out. Thanks for the rec.!

message 4: by Lizz (new)

Lizz (ealisaid) Great contest!

I have to say that my most favorite of YA books is the Trixie Belden Mysteries series... I have almost all of them. :)

lizzdmc [at:] gmx [dot:] com

message 5: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (disney4me) | 4 comments Nina wrote: "...i have heard of the other books which I need to check out. Thanks for the rec.! "

I'm sure I have others, just have to find what I've read. Let me know if you need more ideas of what to read! I look forward to checking out your reviews!

Can't wait to see who wins! Of course, hoping it's me!!! LOL!

message 6: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (disney4me) | 4 comments Hi Nina,

Was just wondering who won the free books? Just curious! :-)

message 7: by Skyler (new)

Skyler Melinda wrote: "Hi Nina,

Was just wondering who won the free books? Just curious! :-)"

Lol sorry I was out for a few. I will be posting the winner tomorrow for sure so make sure to check back.

message 8: by Skyler (new)

Skyler I did announce it. Well the winner was Melinda.