The Hunger Games for Newbies! discussion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth, Firestar likes white chocolate macedania! (new)

Elizabeth | 19 comments Mod
Here you will answer five questions set up by me. The questions may change from time to time, so keep looking back at each new arena!

1. So, what do you think of the Capitol so far?
2. Your chariot, you!- the crowd loved it all! How do you feel about it?
3. Are you happy at the prospect of being rich if you compete?
4. Any hints about your battle strategy for the Hunger Games?
5. So..... What is your opinion on the Hunger Games?

message 2: by Alex (new)

Alex | 5 comments 1. So far the Capital is presenting itself nicely. It's a very colorful city and the civilians are very kind.
2. My chariot was covered with Mother of Pearl to pay tribute to my coastline District. The wheels looked like waves and I believe that my crystal and pearl dress made "waves" with the crowd. I am very happy with the look!
3. If I win the Hunger Games I will definitly happy once I see that my District is well fed. Other than that money doesn't matter all to much to me.
4. I don't make allies on a whim, and I plan on playing on my strengths so it just depends on the arena.
5. I think it's a brutal reminder of District 13s' uprising and right now I just plan on making it out of there alive.

message 3: by Summer ☀️ (new)

Summer ☀️ (summerroxyursox) | 8 comments 1. I love the capitol! There's so many colors, and everyone here is so nice.
2. I love it! I think it represents our District so well. The leaves, flowers, and the plants, are all symbols of nature, which my District loves.
3. Not really. I like my life. We're not the richest District, but we're not the poorest either.
4. Well, my strategy is just to kill. It's either that or be killed.
5. I think the Hunger Games is a horrible warning to all the other District's to not mess with the Capitol.

message 4: by Sam (last edited Oct 02, 2010 04:02PM) (new)

Sam Shivani, District 7
It's nice. A bit more color and bustle than I'm used to, being from District 7. The food's considerably better, though.
It was actually pretty thrilling. You see the crowd cheering and suddenly you're overcome with an overwhelming sense of awe and adrenaline.
You mean if I win? Well, sure. Who doesn't like knowing when your next meal will come from?
None. None at all. No hints. I'm pretty sure my opponents wouldn't be able to catch on, but I'm sure the audience likes surprises.
My... opinion? Well, since you asked, it's quite inhumane! You're sending teens to their deaths for something that happened in past! The Capitol might as well shoot us on live TV than make it a fun little TV gameshow.

message 5: by Sam (new)

Sam Agro, District 1
It's a pretty neat city.
Awesome, really. Just fantastic.
Well, yeah.
Divide and conquer.
I think it's fantastic. Having the oppertunity to show off your skills.