The TeenGroup of Everything discussion

The Hunger Games > Mockingjay ***(caution: spoilers)***

Comments Showing 1-50 of 147 (147 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What did you think? Did you like how it ended? What was your favorite part?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I was a little dissapointed, it wasn't as good as the first two. It was still good just not as good. Plus Prim died and it made me sad.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten Gosh. Don't ask. I LOVED IT ALL! My fav charrie was Beetee, then Peeta. I LOVE how it ended, but I want to know more about what happened to Gale. My fav part was........... either when they were sneaking into the capitol, or when they were fighting on the rooftop. (I like more violent scenes...)

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten Hannah wrote: "I was a little dissapointed, it wasn't as good as the first two. It was still good just not as good. Plus Prim died and it made me sad."

Yeah. I liked Prim. My fav book in the series was the first one. Then Mockingjay, then Catching Fire.

message 5: by Caitlin, Head Mod- "Do you know books smell like nutmeg..?" (new)

Caitlin (camokatniss) | 1394 comments Mod
i think the first was the most interesting
the second the most unexpected
the third was the most exciting and would make the best movie

and prim died, and that just made me sad AND angry
prim was the reason katniss volunteered as a tribute
which made her go into the arena
which made her wanna outsmart the gamemakers
which made the capitol mad
which caused a war
in which prim died
so basically suzanne collins killed the very character that was the basis of her trilogy
thats not very smart.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten Haha. Maybe that's why she killed her. The person that was the cause of starting all the death, died.

message 7: by Caitlin, Head Mod- "Do you know books smell like nutmeg..?" (new)

irony

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Lynx wrote: "Hannah wrote: "I was a little dissapointed, it wasn't as good as the first two. It was still good just not as good. Plus Prim died and it made me sad."

Yeah. I liked Prim. My fav book in the ser..."

WHAT, Catching Fire was my absolute favorite, then The Hunger Games, then Mockingjay

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten Haha. I didn't like all the boy talk stuff in the second one. There was like, NO action.... It was all her accidently sparking the rebellion more, and her dealing with Peeta and Gale feelings.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh my god! I loved Mockingjay! I liked the part where she was supposed to kill Snow but killed the evil rebel learder instead! SOOOO COOOL!

message 11: by Caitlin, Head Mod- "Do you know books smell like nutmeg..?" (new)

I KNOW RIGHT
and completely unexpected
and different, but awesome!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Lynx wrote: "Haha. I didn't like all the boy talk stuff in the second one. There was like, NO action.... It was all her accidently sparking the rebellion more, and her dealing with Peeta and Gale feelings."

I liked it because I liked the arena they were in, it was interesting, plus, I like Finnick

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten Yes. I liked the arena. And I don't really care for Finnick, but Beetee is awesome. But.... that's all I liked about the book, pretty much. I did like some of the rebellion stuff..... but not enough to make it my fav.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Ya the part when the boxes come down and they explode and Prim dies is sad.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten I didn't mind that part... I cried when Katniss yelled at the cat after.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

i thought it wuz funny tht part. I cried when Peeta said "You love me, real or not real?" That wuz sooo sweet!

message 17: by Susan (new)

Susan I didn't cry, because I never do with a book or movie, but I was sad when:
Finnick died D:
Prim died.
Katniss got angry at Buttercup at the end.

I will not go into detail of my sadness/anger BUT:
How dare Collins just ditch Gale like that? Just throw him out of the picture. He played a big part in her life! Best friend, secret admirer (for lack of a better phrase), Hunting partner, battle partner. And at the end, he just... disappeared. Through all the time that Peeta and Katniss took to grow together (UGH. Sorry...) he NEVER came back? That was a horrible mistake.
At least bring him back to hurt. To be upset and pained to see them. I mean, I love Gale, but what I love about him is what he GOES through. Can you imagine him watching the games? It's not right. He should at least be mentioned in their future, I know none of you really like Gale, and I'm probably the only one on his Team, but you have to admit that Katniss loved him too, a friendship love bordering on romantic.
The end wasn't satisfying either! But if you really care about what I have to say, you can find my review. :)

message 18: by Zoha, Books. Got to love them! (new)

Zoha (sunnysideuplollipop) | 2096 comments Mod
Do you still hate Peeta now??

message 19: by Caitlin, Head Mod- "Do you know books smell like nutmeg..?" (new)

Lynx wrote: "I didn't mind that part... I cried when Katniss yelled at the cat after."

yeah, you are like me. i dont really cry if someone dies until someone else starts crying.

message 20: by Caitlin, Head Mod- "Do you know books smell like nutmeg..?" (last edited Sep 05, 2010 07:16PM) (new)

who could possibly truly hate peeta????
my mom said she wasnt satisfied at the end
she said peeta was to nice for katniss and shouldve ended up with someone nicer, like dellie, and she wanted katniss to marry gale,
she said gale should have died instead of prim, so it would all fall into place and make more sense i guess
she said at least peeta could have died and katniss married gale, and it is true he went crazy
and she said that was the reason it made sense that katniss married peeta, in a sick way, because katniss is crazy

LOL!

message 21: by Susan (new)

Susan I still hate Peeta. I'm sorry guys, I don't even know why sometimes... it's just, he's not a good character. He's just... I can't explain it. Team Gale people understand my meaning.
I think either Peeta or Gale should have died.
And if Katniss ends up with Peeta (which she did) Gale should die an excruciatingly painful death just to kill Katniss inside and make the book all that much better.
But NO....
Collins just got rid of Gale like a disposable love interest. I mean, REALLY?

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

did anyone else cry when Octavia was sad or am I just weird that way

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten You aren't weird. I cried then, and when Katniss was yelling at the cat. That was it.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

me too

message 25: by Caitlin, Head Mod- "Do you know books smell like nutmeg..?" (new)

omg. when octavia said "its been so long since i saw something pretty" that was like SOOOO sad it like broke my heart, but i didnt cry. oh, and hannah, yes i suppose it was sad when octavia said her green skin was supposed to be pretty, yes.

message 26: by Zoha, Books. Got to love them! (new)

Y'all are weird. So girlish. I like the ending and Gale is really confusing to me. I don't know about you guys but he acts like he isn't sure he wants her sometimes.

message 27: by Susan (new)

Susan Zoha wrote: "Y'all are weird. So girlish. I like the ending and Gale is really confusing to me. I don't know about you guys but he acts like he isn't sure he wants her sometimes."

I don't know if that makes us "girlish." Actually, no offense, Liking Peeta more than Gale or liking Gale more than Peeta doesn't make ANYONE girlish, and if it does, it doesn't make a difference if you like Peeta or Gale, both of them would make you that way. And not liking the ending because it was boring and slow and happy instead of sad, intense and surprising doesn't make anyone girlish.

Where did you get that from?

message 28: by Caitlin, Head Mod- "Do you know books smell like nutmeg..?" (new)

zoha has a strange mind
and zoha, well apparently he didnt want her that much cause he left for a job in another district.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

you make a good point Caitlin

message 30: by Susan (new)

Susan That's kinda what I thought, but the Gale in my mind is beast.
haha. :)

message 31: by Zoha, Books. Got to love them! (new)

No I said the way I imagine you guys saying this is girly. Not saying like Gale or Peeta is girly it's just the way i imagine you guys saying it. I do have a strange mind. I didn't live the way you guys did. All I had was family and that was.. I mean is enough for me. I remember that was the only thing i really ever cared about when i was younger no TV nothing just family. Y'all didn't grow up like that so that's why I have such a different mind than me.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

everyone has a different mind

message 33: by Zoha, Books. Got to love them! (new)

Mine just is difficult to understand because of the way I was raised and thought.

message 34: by Susan (new)

Susan Well, I don't think I'm girlish.
I play football with the guys at school.
I play aggressive soccer that falls to punches (literally)
I HATE skirts.
I HATE anything dressy or fancy.
I'm antisocial- except toward my closest friends, then I'm insane.
I may be a fangirl, but I'm not a girly fangirl.

Back on subject:
Did anyone else picture the lizard-human mutt as a complete white lizard with a long human neck and a human face with fangs? Despite what it said about having more human in it than that?

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

um... noooooo

message 36: by Susan (new)

Susan How did you picture them?

message 37: by Caitlin, Head Mod- "Do you know books smell like nutmeg..?" (new)

in my mind the were like dinosaur lizards.kinda like a triceratops, but without the horns a crest, and a super long lizard tail. also i pictured them to be green

message 38: by Susan (new)

Susan Weird, that's what I thought at first, them being green, but it said pale, so I thought white....
I don't know if Prim would let her cat out or not. I would. Actually, our family lets our cat roam the streets. He used to get in a bunch of fights but he eventually became feared by the other cats and would come back home perfectly fine....

message 39: by Caitlin, Head Mod- "Do you know books smell like nutmeg..?" (new)

one time out cat tried to follow us to school.. on one of those days we had to walk. that was FUNNY

message 40: by Susan (new)

Susan Oh that's so cute, did he get to the school?

message 41: by Caitlin, Head Mod- "Do you know books smell like nutmeg..?" (new)

no SHE did not. a bus scared her away.

message 42: by Zoha, Books. Got to love them! (new)

Awwww poor thing!!!!

message 43: by Susan (new)

Susan Sorry, I forgot to put "he/she" and I would have, but I already posted it and was too lazy to edit the post :)
At least it got away from the bus, my unrealistically old, mentally insane, delirious, should-be-dead-by-now cat got hit by a car... but since he's as stubborn as heck,
HE'S STILL ALIVE.
Even when he got hit at his age, we think the car went pretty much over him, but it still caught his leg. He still jumps like the ninja he was in the "old days" though....

message 44: by Zoha, Books. Got to love them! (new)

Wow that's some cat of yours. Cat have nine lives. He better use them wisely or he is going to be dead real soon.

message 45: by Susan (new)

Susan He SHOULD die real soon. In fact, he should have died a long time ago....

message 46: by Zoha, Books. Got to love them! (new)

That's so nice, but it's something you can't help unless you stab he/she with a knife or something. If it doesn't die on it's won. Immortal cat. Cool.

message 47: by Susan (new)

Susan I wouldn't stab my cat! But he does meow like he's being tortured. I mean, it's so loud and drawn out and annoying.
RRRRROOOOOOW! MEEEEEOW! RRRREEEEEEEEEEEOW!

message 48: by Zoha, Books. Got to love them! (new)

Aww poor you. I know but if she/he is a immortal cat that would be cool. That would get annoying.

message 49: by Susan (new)

Susan That'd be great, at least I would think so. My parents would FREAK OUT and kick it out of the house though....

message 50: by Zoha, Books. Got to love them! (new)

Yeah mine would kill it first because they wouldn't want something immortal rooming the streets.

« previous 1 3