All The Books You've Never Read discussion

Challenges > September Challenge ---> 2010

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zakiya (last edited Sep 04, 2010 07:18AM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) We've provided three different things to do for this challenge to help make it a little diverse!

~~Read a book whose cover is predominantly a fall color (orange, red, brown, yellow; we will accept purple for this).

~~The Chinese Moon Festival takes place in September. Read a book with a moon on the cover, that's related to the moon or China, takes place in China, or has "moon" or "China" in the title.

~~National Dog Week this year is being celebrated during the fourth week of of September. Read a book featuring a man's best friend!

For those of you who would like to start reading today or tomorrow, that is fine and all books read will be accepted. :)

Happy Reading!!

message 2: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) Wow, I hope I can complete this challenge! It's quite challenging...

message 3: by Shirley (new)

Shirley | 13 comments Step 1 Done .. :D the cover one -- Burned That works right? Or should I read something else instead ;)

message 4: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) | 551 comments I'm reading The Dragon Heir (The Heir Chronicles, #3) by Cinda Williams Chima red

message 5: by Zakiya (last edited Sep 20, 2010 01:22PM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Shirley, that counts!

Ayunda, yes, but it is called a "challenge," isn't it? LOL! Good luck!

Aviva: Good Luck! :D

Here's my official "trying" list for this challenge:

1. Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins Catching Fire/ Suzanne Collins (color)

2. Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry (Logans # 1) by Mildred D. Taylor Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry/ Mildred D. Taylor (color)

3. Attack of the Jack-o-lanterns (Goosebumps) by R. L. Stine Attack of the Jack-o'-lanterns/ R.L. Stine (color)

4. School's Out - Forever (Maximum Ride, #2) by James Patterson School's Out - Forever/ James Patterson (color)

message 6: by Aviva (last edited Sep 06, 2010 10:38AM) (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) | 551 comments I want to read (and don't know how much I'll get done since school started):

Inkdeath (Inkheart, #3) by Cornelia Funke Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

not sure what else yet

message 7: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) (I know how you feel. School takes so much of my leisure time away from me. All that homwework :(. )

That sounds like a good book! One of my friends has read the entire series. She really enjoyed it :).

message 8: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) | 551 comments I read the first two then got distracted with Fablehaven and other stuff

message 9: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Oh okay. Well I'm sure you'll enjoy the third one! :D

message 10: by Aviva (last edited Sep 19, 2010 06:44AM) (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) | 551 comments so I'm reading Inkdeath (purple)
and have read:
griffin and sabine (brown, red, tan)
sabine's notebook (yellow/tan)
the golden mean (yellow, green)

message 11: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Awesome, Aviva! :D

message 12: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) | 551 comments the three of them are really short. written in postcards

message 13: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) That's a unique way to write a book, even if it is short. :)

message 14: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) aww, i didn't get to finish this challenge because i have to study for my exams! but i hope i can participate in the october challenge :D

message 15: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Hmm, I'm not even sure what the challenge is going to be for October. Going to post, bc oddly I have just thought of a theme :).

message 16: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) Awesome!!