Christian Support Group :) discussion

99 views
Bye! Bye! Debate Folder

Comments Showing 1-50 of 127 (127 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do | 214 comments Alex-wa wrote: "Yep...you read right. It's GONE people!!!! I have deleted the entire folder, including the topics, in hopes that our group can focus a little more on the fact that this is a Christian group, not a ..."

....I don't agree and I think some people will be mad with out you asking them first. :/


message 2: by C.C. (new)

C.C. Cole (authorcccole) | 17 comments Leave the debating to HuffPo and Breitbart....we are readers and writers with common interests....


message 3: by austen (new)

austen (oncebef0re) Fine by me.


Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 200 comments I say good riddance. This site has plenty of debate groups. It's too bad that we weren't able to work out our differences of opinions, though.


message 5: by austen (new)

austen (oncebef0re) Some of us were, just not all.


message 6: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga eeehhh debates wills start even though there isn't a folder


message 7: by austen (new)

austen (oncebef0re) But we can stop them. For example, I refuse to debate with you on the possibility that debate will break out in this topic. :-P LOL


Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 200 comments Pansy wrote: "Some of us were, just not all."

I know. It just seems like such a simple thing to be respectful towards others' beliefs.


message 9: by C.C. (new)

C.C. Cole (authorcccole) | 17 comments Pansy wrote: "But we can stop them. For example, I refuse to debate with you on the possibility that debate will break out in this topic. :-P LOL"

LOL...imagine a book about people that debate about debating!! Now That's a book worth writing about! LOL!


message 10: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga sarcastic??? People with opinions disagree on something.


message 11: by Breezy (new)

Breezy | 62 comments Subject change: hmmmm... how about those teams who play those sports in that one place over there... yeah...


message 12: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga lol :-)


Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments OK- I was wondering why I got an email saying Girl4beluga had commented on the Gay Marriage topic and then I wasn't able to view it!


message 14: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga different group


Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments no it was the same group just the topic was deleted.


message 16: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga oh well the comment wasn't important


*Mrs. Brightside* Wait..why was the debate folder deleted?


Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 200 comments Ah, I believe you missed it. There was a huge war. Massive casualties. Cannibalism. Puppy-kicking.

The real reason is that the debate just got out of hand and degenerated into insults.


*Mrs. Brightside* Awww); dummies..oh wait-I think I have a good idea who did the insults..but it shouldn't have been deleted


message 21: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 12 comments i think it should be deleted( which it is) it was the worst thing to happen on this CHRISTIAN group.


*Mrs. Brightside* ..How was it the worst thing though? Because of the insults? And I know it's a CHRISTIAN group


message 23: by austen (new)

austen (oncebef0re) And sowing division, I think. It wasn't doing any good for my temper, at least! :-(


*Mrs. Brightside* You were getting mad?


message 25: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do | 214 comments I know that you deleted the Debate Folder, but how will we test what we know? The Debate folder was not just a folder, it was also a place to learn, to grow in our faith. Because like it or not, all of our Christan lives are going to be bad/worse like the Debate folder, if we stand up in our faith.


message 26: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (sandycrow) | 373 comments Mod
N.S.A (Search for the truth) wrote: "I know that you deleted the Debate Folder, but how will we test what we know? The Debate folder was not just a folder, it was also a place to learn, to grow in our faith. Because like it or not, al..."

It WAS a place to "learn, grow in our faith." Then it was deleted because it had ceased to be that. And yes, we are going to run into people like Lindsay and Girl4beluga in our lives, but it shouldn't have been happening in Christian SUPPORT Group :)


*Mrs. Brightside* Oh gosh.. I think that person knows also that it's a Christian SUPPORT group! CHRISTIAN SUPPORT GROUP!! Lindsay was an athesit, and G4B is a Christian..


message 28: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (sandycrow) | 373 comments Mod
What person???


*Mrs. Brightside* N.S.A..


message 30: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (sandycrow) | 373 comments Mod
*Mrs.Brightside* wrote: "Oh gosh.. I think that person knows also that it's a Christian SUPPORT group! CHRISTIAN SUPPORT GROUP!! Lindsay was an athesit, and G4B is a Christian.."

So what were you saying?


*Mrs. Brightside* ...About what??


Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Um...your comments..


*Mrs. Brightside* ..What about my comments? Ugh, which part?!


Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) *Mrs.Brightside* wrote: "Oh gosh.. I think that person knows also that it's a Christian SUPPORT group! CHRISTIAN SUPPORT GROUP!! Lindsay was an athesit, and G4B is a Christian.."

This part...


*Mrs. Brightside* ?? Uhh..That N.S.A should know what group this is..and that Lindsay is an atheist, and G4B is a Christian..


Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Actually Girl4beluga is not what some other people thought is a true Christian including me.


*Mrs. Brightside* So.. That doesn't mean she isn't a Christian just because you and some other people don't think so. What is a true Christian?


Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) A true Christian is one who believes in God first of all and their trust never wavers well more like they will always say God is true and holy. And they trust Jesus as their Savior by asking him into their hearts AND believing in the Bible((of course some Christians think that's optional but it isn't))


*Mrs. Brightside* So if some Christians don't believe in the whole bible, what does that make them?


message 40: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (mitchperson) | 17 comments Not a true christian.


*Mrs. Brightside* That's stupid, saying one isn't a true Christian because they don't believe in the whole bible. I mean-who actually said that that makes a true Christian? The bible? What?


message 42: by austen (new)

austen (oncebef0re) *Mrs.Brightside* wrote: "You were getting mad?"

*blushes* Maybe not in an obvious way, but I own I was getting a bit flustered sometimes, at least. :-( I'm glad it's over with.


message 43: by austen (new)

austen (oncebef0re) Mitch wrote: "Not a true christian."

I wouldn't judge someone so fast. They could be a true believer, or maybe not. We can't see people's hearts -- only God can.


message 44: by *Mrs. Brightside* (last edited Sep 13, 2010 08:47PM) (new)

*Mrs. Brightside* Yes, only God can..haha. I wish I could've read the posts in the debate. To be honest, I think a lot of people in this group judges who Is and isn't a true Christian


message 45: by austen (new)

austen (oncebef0re) I know. But we can't even judge them! :-) LOL


*Mrs. Brightside* Lol, wow :D


message 47: by Laura, I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me . . . (new)

Laura | 136 comments Mod
Pansy wrote: "*Mrs.Brightside* wrote: "You were getting mad?"

*blushes* Maybe not in an obvious way, but I own I was getting a bit flustered sometimes, at least. :-( I'm glad it's over with."


I got quite flustered myself!!! Glad it's over too.


message 48: by Douglas (new)

Douglas (littlepegleg) | 135 comments Pansy wrote: "Mitch wrote: "Not a true christian."

I wouldn't judge someone so fast. They could be a true believer, or maybe not. We can't see people's hearts -- only God can."


1 John says "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit (that says they are a christian), but test the spirits (that say they are christian) to see if they are from God..."
Therefore, we can know who belongs to God and we can make judgments according to your words coming out of your mouth. God says so. You say we can't. Hmmm. Who to believe?

1 John continues "because many false prophets (people claiming to be christians) have gone out into the world."

"They (false Christians) are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world and the world listens to them. We (who believe the Bible is God's Word) are from God and whoever knows God listens to us, but whoever is not from God does not listen to us."

When you argue with Scripture, you argue with God and you prove you are not a Christian.


*Mrs. Brightside* So if you don't believe in the scripture, does that also make you not a Christian??


message 50: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (sandycrow) | 373 comments Mod
*Mrs.Brightside* wrote: "So if you don't believe in the scripture, does that also make you not a Christian??"

Usually.


« previous 1 3
back to top