One Million Pages Per Lifetime discussion

Archive 1.0 - VR, BR, & MBOM > Mockingjay ---> September!

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) September's Futuristic Voluntary Read!

Mockingjay (Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Discuss this sure-to-be-ahmazing book here! :D Happy Volunteering!

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 491 comments I started this yesterday and I am not that far into it yet so it is hard to say what I think of it right now.

message 3: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) That's okay! Just post a little when you get farther! :D

message 4: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) just finished it! amazing

message 5: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments I just started the first in the series this morning and will hopefully get to Mockingjay soon.

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 273 comments I liked it. It's not exactly what I was expecting, but that's okay. I like that Collins wasn't afraid to kill people off as the end drew near. Although, I wanted some of them to live. (Don't bother speculating, it'll just drive you crazy. There's no way to guess how it'll end.)

message 7: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) (LOL! Then I definitely won't waste my time doing that!) Im glad y'all liked the book/s!

Meghan: I loved THG, will try to read CF this month, abnd hopefully get Mockingjay soon :).

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 491 comments I finished Mockingjay last night. I felt the ending was kinda rushed and I disliked how the author killed off some people, that's just me.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "I finished Mockingjay last night. I felt the ending was kinda rushed and I disliked how the author killed off some people, that's just me."

I totally agree. the ending was definitely rushed. Suzanne just squished Katniss' entire recovery and growing relationship with Peeta in one page. She didn't even tell us their kids' names!

message 10: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) They have kids?!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

yup! oh, sorry if i just spoiled it for you. . . i forgot most people haven't read it yet. but, yes, they have kids.

message 12: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Haha it is ok Andrea! I am reading the first one now and will probably finish within the next couple fo days. I would recommend putting:

***SPOILER***

or something before you "spoil" what happens in the future.

I kinda reacted the same way as Z! :D

message 13: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 06, 2010 09:26AM) (new)

heh-heh. sorry. here, I'll practice:
***SPOILER***
there!

message 14: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) LOL! Yeah, s'okay, though. My friends do that to me all the time. I've jsut sorta gotten used to it. No problem :).

message 15: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Only about 20 more pages left in the first one but I think I need some sleep when I get home from work first...these graveyards are killing me.

message 16: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Yay I finished the first book one step closer to reading this one.

message 17: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) liked it?loved it? hated it? what did you think?

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

loved the hunger games. loved catching fire. and liked mockingjay. but, i loved loved loved the enitre trilogy!

message 19: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) why didnt you like mockingjay as much? the ending? what gale did? I (SPOILERSPOILERSPOIERSPOILER) dont understand how could have they forgiver Katniss after what she did to the president c

message 20: by Jaime (new)

Jaime (jaimehobbes) I finished Mockingjay last week and I liked it. I LOVED The Hunger Games & Catching Fire, only liked Mockingjay. I agree, the ending felt rushed. I could of used more detail ****SPOILER**** about Katniss & Peeta at the end. How they got past everything and ended up together...overall a great series. One I will probably reread several times.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

yup. what Jaime said. i wanted MORE PEETA in the book!!!

message 22: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 12, 2010 12:55PM) (new)

there WERE some slow parts in the book. mostly, for me, b'cuz peeta wasn't really in it that much. but i loved the book. i've never read a book that affected me so much. in good ways and bad.

message 23: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** I am about half way through the book now and so far definately not as good as the first two books but I am still loving it. I am very anxious to know how the story as a whole ends.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

**Carla** wrote: "I am about half way through the book now and so far definately not as good as the first two books but I am still loving it. I am very anxious to know how the story as a whole ends."

yeah. i actually liked the first two books better than this one. but, like you said, i still loved it!!! TEAM PEETA

message 25: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** Oh yeah I was kinda border line between Peeta and Gale but I am full on Peeta just since I have started reading Mockingjay. Gale is great as just the friend I think.

message 26: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments I will be starting this in a couple of days. I just finished Catching Fire on my lunch break.

message 27: by Shannon (last edited Oct 11, 2010 11:07AM) (new)

Shannon | 31 comments I read it totally too late for the monthly challenge, but I wanted to finish the other two in the series. It was ok...I too felt the ending was rushed and would have liked more time of the ending instead of the vague 2 pages at the end. Still very upset Finnick died! Plus, Peeta is the focus for at least half of the book, but where is he? How is Peeta? How well did he recover? Grrr... so much was left out!

Looking forward to November's pick! I'll actually get to read that one on time!

message 28: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (sherrij2003) | 170 comments Just finished the trilogy...started last month. I really liked this series. There is always big hype around certain series and I never get around to reading them but when I do I finally realize what it was all about...and this series was one of them.

I really liked all three books but I do agree with everyone else that the ending was a little rushed. I wanted to know what triggered Peeta to become loving toward Katniss again, etc...anyway great series that I loved!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Catching Fire (other topics)
Mockingjay (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Suzanne Collins (other topics)