One Million Pages Per Lifetime discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive 1.0 > September Challenge ---> 2010

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zakiya (last edited Sep 04, 2010 07:32AM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) We've provided three different things to do for this challenge to help make it a little diverse -- and more challenging!

~~Read a book whose cover is predominantly a fall color (orange, red, brown, yellow; we will accept purple for this). *Color should consume at least half of the cover.*

~~The Chinese Moon Festival takes place in September. Read a book with a moon on the cover, that's related to the moon or China, takes place in China, or has "moon" or "China" in the title.

~~National Dog Week this year is being celebrated during the fourth week of of September. Read a book featuring a man's best friend!

For those of you who would like to start reading today or tomorrow, that is fine and all books read will be accepted. :)

Happy Reading!!

message 2: by Zakiya (last edited Aug 30, 2010 04:25PM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) For this challenge, I will try to read Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins and Wicked Witch & Curse (Wicked, #1-2) by Nancy Holder .

message 3: by Amy ~Lover of Books~ (last edited Aug 30, 2010 08:42PM) (new)

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 493 comments I want to read this hopefully on time for this challenge: Halo (Halo, #1) by Alexandra Adornetto (yellow or orange)
Firelight (Draki, #1) by Sophie Jordan (can this be counted for red?)

message 4: by ★Meghan★ (last edited Sep 26, 2010 07:42AM) (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Plans: (I will cross them off if I get to reading them.)

Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling

These are all books I have on a list for the SRC challenge which should be really good this season.

message 5: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Cool, Meghan! Hopefully, we can all get a few books and pages in from this. I didn't do so hot in Aug.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 493 comments Zakiya wrote: "Cool, Meghan! Hopefully, we can all get a few books and pages in from this. I didn't do so hot in Aug."

Hey, does Firelight count for red? Sorry for asking this question again.

message 7: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) S'okay, Amy! And yes, I would say that it counts :).

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 493 comments Zakiya wrote: "S'okay, Amy! And yes, I would say that it counts :)."

Ok, I hope I will be able to get my hands on it this month and read it.

message 9: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Good Luck, and Happy Reading!

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather (nickyblue7) | 486 comments will read Sisters Red (Sisters Red, #1) by Jackson Pearce and Boys, Bears, and a Serious Pair of Hiking Boots by Abby McDonald for the colors

message 11: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Zakiya wrote: "Cool, Meghan! Hopefully, we can all get a few books and pages in from this. I didn't do so hot in Aug."

It is ok Z! I didn't do to well either but we can work on it together.

message 12: by Zakiya (last edited Sep 04, 2010 07:34AM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Definitely! I can't wait! We will have to keep each other updated :). Good Luck, Meg! :P

message 13: by Zakiya (last edited Sep 20, 2010 02:03PM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Okay so I decided that I will just post the books I finish as I complete them (that's why my wishlist is gone). So right now, here is my list:

Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry (Logans # 1) by Mildred D. Taylor Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry *DONE*

School's Out - Forever (Maximum Ride, #2) by James Patterson School's Out - Forever *DONE*

Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins Catching Fire *DONE*

Attack of the Jack-o-lanterns (Goosebumps) by R. L. Stine Attack of the Jack-o'-lanterns *DONE*

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.