Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Miscellaneous Book Talk > Malice Domestic Book Convention

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Donna in Southern Maryland (cedarville922) | 120 comments Hi!

Last night I found out about this Book Conference at the Bethesda Maryland Hyatt Regency, April 29th - May 1st. Sue Grafton will receive a lifetime achievement award, and Donna Andrews is the Toastmaster.

Does anyone here go to that? Sounds like it would be fun!

http://www.malicedomestic.org/index.html

Donna in Southern Maryland

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3626 comments I've never been but have thought about it. There are several people on the "Cozy" board I frequent who do, and one of the gals is one of the organizers for it every year.

message 3: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 547 comments I know some of the authors who attend each year, and it is one of the bigger conferences. I am a little more of a thriller reader. I do like some cozies, but that is not my favorite subgenre. That is why I am more apt to attend LCC or Bcon.

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14609 comments Donna:
It sounds like fun -- hope you get to go. We would love to have a report from you and anyone else who may be able to attend.

Donna in Southern Maryland wrote: "Hi!
Last night I found out about this Book Conference at the Bethesda Maryland Hyatt Regency, April 29th - May 1st. Sue Grafton will receive a lifetime achievement award, and Donna Andrews is the Toastmaster..."

Donna in Southern Maryland (cedarville922) | 120 comments Well, it does sound like fun. If I could find someone to go with me, I might go. It's only about an hour from my house. It's a bit expensive for my budget, but who knows? Gotta spend it on something, huh?

Donna in Southern Maryland
PS. I read a lot of thrillers as well.........I just finished Burn my Nevada Barr, but I read 'cozies' in t he middle for a stress free break!