Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Information missing

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danya (new)

Danya Bakhbakhi (aynad94) | 32 comments This book is missing lots of informations, like a description, pages number, date of publishing beside the cover.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/84...

P.S it's kinda old, has no ISBN!

message 2: by Melody (new)

Melody (runningtune) | 13258 comments I believe that's Stories of the Prophets by Ibn Kathir - but I'd like someone to verify it before I combine it.

message 3: by Danya (new)

Danya Bakhbakhi (aynad94) | 32 comments I do have the book right now, it's in Arabic :/

message 4: by Melody (last edited Aug 30, 2010 08:06AM) (new)

Melody (runningtune) | 13258 comments So are you saying that I should combine it? Do you have an ISBN for your edition?

message 5: by Danya (new)

Danya Bakhbakhi (aynad94) | 32 comments combine it to this one? as another edition? or as a different book?
because it's in a different languages and has like about 400 extra pages.. i don't think they are exactly the same

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/47...

message 6: by Danya (last edited Aug 30, 2010 08:32AM) (new)

Danya Bakhbakhi (aynad94) | 32 comments so what do you do in this case? and there's no ISBN, most Arabic books as old as this don't have one :)

message 7: by Melody (new)

Melody (runningtune) | 13258 comments I'm not sure what you can tell about the book you linked in message 1. It simply has the title and the author.

If you are saying that you have an edition in Arabic - that is not in the Goodreads' data base it can be added. If it is a unique book that should not be combined with any other edition listed in the Goodreads' data base it does not have to be combined (I would suggest a librarian note to indicate that it should not be combined and why - translations should be combined, by the way) - but if it is written by an author who has a Goodreads' profile then that author should be listed as the primary author. You can list their name in another language as a secondary author. Then - what we do with the orphan book you originally referred to - I'm not exactly sure. I was asking for someone to advise me how it should be combined - since it does not, as you pointed out, have any information to indicate what edition it is.

message 8: by Danya (new)

Danya Bakhbakhi (aynad94) | 32 comments How about I add the one i have with the given information. and then combine it to the one in the first message since they have the same titles. that makes sense right?

message 9: by Melody (new)

Melody (runningtune) | 13258 comments That makes sense to me.

message 10: by Danya (new)

Danya Bakhbakhi (aynad94) | 32 comments ok here it is if you want to combine
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/91...
thank you, i've wasted lots of your time, didn't intend to :)

message 11: by Melody (new)

Melody (runningtune) | 13258 comments You didn't waste my time. I'm a volunteer and can quit anytime I want to. ;-)

message 12: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41655 comments Mod
Yeah, you keep telling yourself that. ;)

message 13: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 22706 comments LOL

message 14: by Lobstergirl (last edited Apr 16, 2017 06:17PM) (new)

message 17: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 19901 comments #14 done