Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

True Blood > Episode 11/Season 3 ~ "Fresh Blood"

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 142 comments For starters:

Never Trusted Jesus and don't even more so now.

Tara and Sam having a "rage f^#k"?? Not sure on that one. The only good thing Sam did was fire Tommy! I don't mind Sam having a sorrid past, but the crazy rage is too much. Have a temper yes but....

Crystal is just trash...plain and simple. I don't understand the appeal in the show. It made sense in the books, but in the show that whole relationship just seems "forced".

Of course we knew (at least I did) that Eric was using Sookie to trap Russell if he had told her about it then she probably would have never agreed to play along and it had to look real. Not saying she will forgive him or Bill for it, but makes perfect sense! He did make it clear that she would need to be kept alive he was still trying to save her!

Other points, discussions, etc?

:)

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (mrsworldwidewebb) I really got aggravated last night! lol I STILL can not stand the Fairy stuff about Sookie.....It is driving me nuts!! I can not believe that Eric is gonna die in the Sun jut to capture Russell.. WHY did he handcuff himself to him?? Stick him on a pillar or something..LOL I agree with you about Crystal, I do NOT like the DEA line or the forced relationship with Jason..It is just plain idiotic :) I have lots of gripes about it not staying with the book, but hey they are making their own stuff up as they go! (I do not like it obviously) LOL

message 3: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 142 comments Ha Ha! I think I am most aggrivated with Fairy Land stuff as well. I have no problem with things changing and some different sub plots, but it is getting to the point where only the names are the same so it is creating something that is not really even "based on the books" anymore.

Eric must have some other plan in place. He can't die this early....I totally thought he was going to hand cuff Russell to something else...not himself.

I did love the "fake fight" Eric made Bill start...great distraction!

message 4: by Robynz33 (new)

Robynz33 (robyn656) | 2 comments I'm not sure what I think of this daywalking stuff...I don't think Eric will sacrafice himself for Russell but I can't think how they plan to kill Russell and not Eric......makes me sad the season is about to end :(

message 5: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 142 comments We have to wait 2 weeks for the finale too don't we?? :(

message 6: by Cary (last edited Aug 30, 2010 09:05AM) (new)

Cary (Vortigern) Jesus father was a Santa Ria Sorcerer. He has the sorcerer spirit inside him. Eric is going to hold Russell in the sun till he is weak. Then a human or fairy will drag Eric back inside and give him super fairy blood to heal him. Obviously Bill & Eric are working together. That was pretty rude watching Russell,and Eric dive in on Sookie. I can't believe she is alive. Eric and Bill have a plan for sure. Something is messing with Sam. I do not like that Wicca girl. How funny Hoyts Mom is behind biscuit girl.

message 7: by Christy (new)

Christy | 127 comments I felt bad for Tommy! I don't think Sam is in his right mind at all. I'm not a Tommy fan, but he looked so sad and scared. Sam took Tommy on, yanked him from everything/everyone he knew and now is washing his hands of him. It's been what, a week?

I'm anxious to see how Eric gets out of the sun but leaves Russell in it. I liked the plan all the way up until he put the handcuffs on. That just was a WTF moment. Poor Sookie! I think this will definitely put her off Vamps for a while. Maybe we'll see more of Alcide now! She looked so hurt and betrayed, though. I don't think Bill will be talking his way back in this time.

I'm not happy that Lafayette is in danger!!! "let LaLa get some rest." I love him. Jesus is bad news.

I'm all done with Crystal and that storyline. She's annoying and her family is all wrong (double cousin and half-brother fiance).

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) I can't believe they kill off Eric this early and I don't feel all that sorry for Tommy. I am kinda glad Tommy got fired. I can't stand Arlene even more than I did in the books.

message 9: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandram1967) | 67 comments Remember when Godric died he said it wouldn't take long because of his age. Russell is 3000 years old and Eric a 1000. So Russell should burn a lot faster than Eric.

message 10: by Cary (last edited Aug 30, 2010 09:59AM) (new)

Cary (Vortigern) I was not even into the were panther thing in the books, much less the show. Tommy is a punk, stealing from Arlene, and mouthing of to Sam. Bill hasn't done anything to Sookie that he could be held accountable for. Sookie & Bill are bonded by blood, and by supporting & protecting each other despite extreme danger. Sookie looked so hurt and betrayed. Why? Because he busted her out of Fangtasia and Eric and Russell caught them escaping. Eric and Bill could have set that up. They are working together. Alcide is not through with Debbie Pelt yet. I am not so sure Jesus is dangerous to anyone. :)

message 11: by Zombette (last edited Aug 30, 2010 10:27AM) (new)

Zombette | 11 comments Eric will not die. I haven't read the books but I am pretty sure about this.

Tommy is not by any means innocent. He was trying break into Sam's safe at Merlottes.

I really want Tara to die. She annoys the piss out of me. I am not a fan of her with Sam.

Crystal too, UGH!!! I detest this character. She is vile.

Jason is going to do something to that kid. I forsee breaking a limb or something of the sort.

I loved how the dr told Arlene she has a strong little critter in there. Critter? AHAHAHAH

Oh Russell, you will be missed!

Go away Jesus. Leave La La alone. Don't bring La La anymore danger.

Sookie is going to feel betrayed by Bill most of all. I don't care if this is a plan. They used her and very well could have bled her to death. Didn't this just happen a few episodes ago?

Alcide...please come back and grace us with your hot manly werewolfness!

Pam. I love you!

message 12: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 142 comments Well I am not sure how the story line will progress for the next season with Sookie's love interest since she is supposed to hook up with Alcide before amnesia Eric and if someone has amnesia for Season 4??? I don't think she would jump to Eric after this display. I do understand that Bill didn't directly or meaningfully betray Sookie, but that is just not how she is going to see it. She will be beyond pissed for them using her as bait and risking her life without even telling her about it. That is why she will feel betrayed!

message 13: by Cary (last edited Aug 30, 2010 04:24PM) (new)

Cary (Vortigern) If Eric was to die they may as well halt production, LOL. If you read the books you would know Eric is essential to the story no matter what Ball does. Yeah Sookie will think up a reason to be pissed of with Bill. It has to happen just to keep the story line interesting. I had hoped that Sookie, Bill, and Jessica could be a cute little family at least for a short time. Bill will just be a single parent now. As far as Jesus is condcerned I am not sure about him. The Wiccan girl, and little Miss Muffins worry me more. It will be interesting. Russells death will be very satisfying. Although he was very entertaining,LOL.

message 14: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 142 comments Little Miss Muffins...LOL

Well relating to the books...book Holly is a good person and is a huge help later on. Not saying that Ball won't take her characther into a totally different direction, but I am not nervous about her.

I agree with whoever said something is wrong with Sam. There must be some mojo going on with him!!!

message 15: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) Definitley something is wrong with Sam. I was just thinking of possible suspects,and Holly came to mind. Her supposed miscarriage did not come of as planed. Possible devil child on the way. Hm no telling. Something is not quite right with her. She is playing with peoples minds at Merlottes.

message 16: by Christy (new)

Christy | 127 comments Eric won't die. I just can't wait to see how he gets out of it. You'd think that Russell could just drag Eric back into Fangtasia since he's so much older and stronger and since Eric was in the sun longer. Or just rip Eric's arm off. That just didn't seem like a very well thought out part of their plan.

message 17: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 142 comments Well they may sure to comment that the cuffs were silver so I think that has more of an impact for them to lose strength...

message 18: by Zombette (new)

Zombette | 11 comments I also love the hell out of Jessica. She is a doll.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) There is something I don't understand completely, what was the scene with Jason and that high school football player all about? That just seemed so random.

message 20: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) Jason is just ate up with himself, and does not want to see his highschool football record broken by a kid on V. Jasons mind is still in highschool, and he never should have been a cop. Andy is so goofy. He should have arrested Jason for manslaughter. Considering Eggs was out of his mind Jason would have got of light. Yeah Jasons jealousy with the highschool kid is odd. Typically of TrueBlood things just seem to happen.

message 21: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandram1967) | 67 comments Christy wrote: "Eric won't die. I just can't wait to see how he gets out of it. You'd think that Russell could just drag Eric back into Fangtasia since he's so much older and stronger and since Eric was in the su..."

I said to my son if Russell is so much stronger why can't he overpower Eric even with the cuffs on. Seems to me they didn't think that plan out very well.

message 22: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) The cuffs are silver. What would a vampire be doing with regular cuffs. Just as you said they would be useless.

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (emoonae) | 225 comments There is something so archetypal about Eric's plan to trick Russell into dying by the sun. It's like watching a Norse saga on my TV screen. I look forward to watching it unfold.

WTF with Jesus in Lafayette's vampire blood "aftershock"? He looked like a cross between a goblin and a witch doctor, wearing a lucha libre mask. Freaky!

Yay, Maxine! I was beginning to think we wouldn't see her this season.

I LOVED Tara in this episode. When she went to Andy, she was so hurt and angry, but after hearing Andy tell his story and apologize, she seemed to dial it back to just feeling sad. Then she follows it up by sleeping with Sam. Her character really has come full circle, but she's developed SO MUCH in the process.

I felt soooo sorry for Tommy! Despite being a whiny a-hole, a thief, and an all-around bad guy, he really cares about Sam and Sam's approval. He really is a lot like his brother.

I can't wait for the two weeks to be up so we can see how everything is resolved!

message 24: by Jayme(the ghost reader) (last edited Sep 11, 2010 10:34PM) (new)

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) I don't get why we have to wait the two weeks.

message 25: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (craftymommy) | 4 comments Jayme, I'm guessing the two weeks is because of Labor Day next week - but that's just my guess. I hate the idea of two weeks to wait too.

I'm really hating this Sookie is super-fairy bad*ss story.

However, I LOVE Jessica and Hoyt. They are too cute together, even though I hated her when they first introduced her. And I LOVE Pam. I was heartbroken when she was crying over Eric frying.

I'm not sure what's going on with Lafayette and Jesus. I always get a little hesitant when they throw some new unknown weirdness in.

message 26: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) They did the same thing last year too. This Sunday they will show trueblood epsisodes all day long up to the present one. Then next week they will show this latest one and the finale. Probably it has to do with labor day, and drawing out the suspence. It pisses me off. Because I keep HBO just to watch TrueBlood. As soon as the last episode is over I cancel HBO until next year. It will be worth waiting for. :)

message 27: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 142 comments I am kinda glad it is pushed out. I am away for labor day weekend myself. Though, we do DVR it so I could watch when I get back...Oh Well. They still tried to cram too much into so few episodes this season.

message 28: by Christy (new)

Christy | 127 comments I watched the episode again and I noticed something. When Tommy said he didn't need to write down the orders, the way he said it made me think that maybe he CAN'T write (or read maybe). The way he was raised, it's possible he never learned and in a previous episode when Sam suggested college as an option for him, he said something like, "you really don't know me." Tommy isn't that likable, but I really think he's just a big mess and puts on a big tough guy front to cover up a lot of insecurity and fear. The actor playing him is doing a great job. He looked so scared when Sam went off on him.

Sarah, I loved the interchange between Tara and Andy too. He really showed remorse and she really showed an emotional response. I think that actress has really grown over the series. I hope she gets to show more than fear/hysteria next season.

I realize the handcuffs were silver, but I still don't understand how Russell isn't stronger than Eric and able to fight Eric. (not that I want him to, I'm happy he didn't rip Eric's hand off). But Eric is younger, in the sun longer and has the silver on him as well. Russell should be stronger than him.

I'm excited to see the finale to get some closure on some of these storylines, but sad it's almost over. I hate waiting til next summer!!

message 29: by Colette (new)

Colette | 15 comments I am hoping that the older the vampire is, the quicker they burn in the sun. Remember how quickly Godric went? I know they have Sookie's blood so it won't be like that, but maybe Russell will still burn quicker because he is 2000 years older than Eric so Eric will be able to crawl to safety or something? Or maybe they will give Sookie blood and tell her to go save Eric?

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) The part about the older the vampire, the faster they burn doesn't make sense. It is really possible that Tommy can't read and write.

message 31: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 142 comments Maybe it has soemthing to do with the longer they have been out of the sun the more harmful it becomes???

message 32: by Zombette (new)

Zombette | 11 comments Did you all miss the part where Tommy was trying to break into Sam's safe?

message 33: by Christy (new)

Christy | 127 comments I said he wasn't likable! He's a jerk. But I still felt sorry for him.

message 34: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 142 comments Unfortunately Tommy just keeps doing the only thing he knows how to do and will never learn....

message 35: by Susan (new)

Susan (susanbevans) I think Melinda Pickens was right when she said that Tommy does desperate things when times are hard. I feel sorry for Tommy too. Circumstances have been conspiring against him his whole life, and he has definitely been defined by them.

message 36: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (emoonae) | 225 comments Christy wrote: "I watched the episode again and I noticed something. When Tommy said he didn't need to write down the orders, the way he said it made me think that maybe he CAN'T write (or read maybe)."

I bet you're right! That's so sad! :-(

Susan wrote: "I think Melinda Pickens was right when she said that Tommy does desperate things when times are hard. I feel sorry for Tommy too. Circumstances have been conspiring against him his whole life, and ..."

I agree. I know this excuse only goes so far, but I'm convinced that Tommy really is a product of his upbringing.

message 37: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (sherrij2003) I just watched the episode and then I watched the preview on HBO. Did I see a "ghost" of Goderic?? It might have been my imagination but I though there was a 1/2 second clip of him...maybe not though?!?!

message 38: by Sarah (last edited Aug 31, 2010 07:50PM) (new)

Sarah (emoonae) | 225 comments Sherri wrote: "I just watched the episode and then I watched the preview on HBO. Did I see a "ghost" of Goderic?? It might have been my imagination but I though there was a 1/2 second clip of him...maybe not thou..."

I concur. I just watched the preview on HBO.com, and I saw a ghostly Godric.

Ep. 36: Evil Is Going On - Preview

You know what else I saw for a split second? Sookie running out into the parking lot of Fangtasia holding a chain.

message 39: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (sherrij2003) Yes I saw that too!

message 40: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 142 comments I also thought I saw Rene "strangling" Arlene....is she having nightmares because of the "evil baby"??

message 41: by Kim (new)

Kim I put the preview in slow-mo and I also saw Bill throw Russell. So neither Russell nor Eric is going to die from the sun. (At least that's the preview is telling us)

message 42: by Colette (new)

Colette | 15 comments Jayme(the ghost reader) wrote: "The part about the older the vampire, the faster they burn doesn't make sense. It is really possible that Tommy can't read and write."

I only thought it made sense because Godric went so fast in the sun, but in season 1 Bill was running in it trying to save Sookie and he didn't burn nearly that fast.

message 43: by Sarah (last edited Sep 01, 2010 07:43AM) (new)

Sarah (emoonae) | 225 comments Jessie wrote: "I also thought I saw Rene "strangling" Arlene....is she having nightmares because of the "evil baby"??"

I think that's super-sensory Lafayette, understanding that there's something off about Arlene and that her baby is Rene's.

Did you see the bit where he was talking to Sam, and Sam had blood on his hands? That can't be for real--he was just too nonchalant to be sitting there talking to Lafayette like nothing was wrong.

That latest V trip must have done something really weird to Lafayette...

message 44: by Zombette (new)

Zombette | 11 comments YAY Alcide!!

message 45: by Christy (new)

Christy | 127 comments man...it looks like there is a lot going on in the finale. I wish it was a 2 hour one!! It kind of looks like Sookie is off in Fairyland....

message 46: by Robynz33 (new)

Robynz33 (robyn656) | 2 comments Kim wrote: "I put the preview in slow-mo and I also saw Bill throw Russell. So neither Russell nor Eric is going to die from the sun. (At least that's the preview is telling us)"

I wish I had slow mo!!!!

message 47: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 471 comments Mod
I hate that they're making Sam such a jerk with a jacked up past. The scenes in Merlotte's were painful...

message 48: by Krisztina (new)

Krisztina Williams (krisztinawilliams) | 5 comments Oh I know!!! Why are they doing that, and how is that supposed to tie in? Ugh!

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Jessie wrote: "For starters:

Never Trusted Jesus and don't even more so now.

Tara and Sam having a "rage f^#k"?? Not sure on that one. The only good thing Sam did was fire Tommy! I don't mind Sam havin..."

It felt awkward with Sam and Tara the first season, weird they are bringing it back again. I still don't know what to think about Jesus, he's so strange from the beginning.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Nicole wrote: "I hate that they're making Sam such a jerk with a jacked up past. The scenes in Merlotte's were painful..."

Yeah him being such a violent guy is a surprise. I've always loved his character.