European Royalty discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
European Royalty Nominations > Oct 15 - Nov 15: Nominating

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments ***WICKED / WEIRD / MYSTERIOUS ROYALTY***

***ANY EUROPEAN COUNTRY, ANY TIME PERIOD, FICTION OR NONFICTION***

Okay everyone, it's that time of the month - time to nominate! Anyone who would like to nominate ONE book may do so in this thread.

The theme this month is WICKED / WEIRD / MYSTERIOUS ROYALTY in honor of Halloween (any European country, any time period, fiction or non-fiction). There's a lot of flexibility and room for creativity here! What counts as "wicked, weird or mysterious" is totally up to you. Who killed the princes in the tower? Was Katherine of Aragon really a virgin? Was Ivan really terrible? Feel free to reach back to the Roman emperors - whatever you want!

If you want to see if we have already read a book you are thinking of nominating, just look at the sections where we discuss the books (E. Royalty Monthly Group Read and History Monthly Group Read). The very first thread under each of those sections lists all the books we have read as a group (Books We Have Read as a Group).

Please try to check amazon or some other site to make sure the book is easily available - the last thing we want is to nominate some great book that no one can get! If you nominate more than ONE book, only the first book listed will make it into the voting thread (so save additional books for the next months!). Also, if the book doesn't fit the theme, I won't add it to this month's voting list, but I will carry it over to the next theme that it does fit under if you would like.

Feel free to nominate one book of your choice in this thread until September 2nd, 9pm Eastern.

At around that time, I'll make a voting poll and list all the nominated books in it, and people can vote in the poll until the poll closes (around end of September 6th). Discussion can start on OCTOBER 15th.

Happy Nominating!

message 2: by Tina (new)

Tina Hmmmm, Peter the Great was pretty twisted.

message 3: by Gayle (new)

Gayle (gretarahikkainen) | 9 comments Catherine de Medici was pretty twisted too. I nominate The Devil's Queen: A Novel of Catherine de Medici by Jeanne Kalogridis.

message 5: by Jemidar (new)

Jemidar Vengeance is Mine was re-released earlier this year as The Boleyn Wife (US) or The Tudor Wife (UK).

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Roper (fig_and_thistle_books) Awesome. Thanks for the info. So my nomination is for The Boleyn Wife!

message 7: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 696 comments Jemidar wrote: "Vengeance is Mine was re-released earlier this year as The Boleyn Wife (US) or The Tudor Wife (UK)."

Well, that could certainly make for some lively discussions.

message 8: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (bookmoodreviews) | 61 comments Mine too. I didn't realise that.

message 9: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (bookmoodreviews) | 61 comments Mine too. I didn't realise that.

message 10: by Jemidar (new)

Jemidar Misfit wrote: "Well, that could certainly make for some lively discussions."

Yes, wouldn't it...lol. And it certainly falls into wicked and weird categories!

message 11: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Great choices! Nominating is closed - time to vote!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.