Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

HEA in Literature > The Seduction VS Speedy Gonzales

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments I've decided I prefer the slow seduction over the Slam bam thank ya M'am method.

There is just something about the slow seduction scenes that can get me worked up a lot quicker than reading how he grabs her and throws her up against the wall and 5 minutes later they are in the shower and doing it again. lol

Everyone has opinions. Feel free to express....

message 2: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments No one has an opinion?

Oh well....

message 3: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 671 comments I was just too busy to post the day I first saw your question. I tend to agree though. Unleashing the passion can be fun every once in a while, but a nice slow seduction is preferred.;-)

message 4: by Lani (new)

Lani (lani14) | 8 comments It seems a no brainer to agree with you but it depends on the author and the situation. Too much slinking, smoldering and sighing breaking the action is sometimes annoying.

message 5: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments A lot of "erotica" use the slam bam method.

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (last edited Oct 07, 2010 08:14AM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 146 comments Sorry for the late reply. I am a big fan of the slow build. I like the tension to wind up until you are fanning yourself, and you sigh in relief when the couple finally consummates their relationship. Although I have been known to complain when the book is lacking a love scene that should be there, I'd rather have too few love scenes, but really good and fitting, than too many. It gets gratuitous and boring, and I start thinking that all that's between the couple is sex. I don't read erotica because I like romance as the focus, and the love scenes to come out of the passionate feelings the couple have for each other.

message 7: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (fantasyannie) I agree with all of you, I like the slow hand! I love the romance and that is why I do not read erotica; I don't like sex for just sex.

message 8: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments I'm not sure why I pick up the erotica now and then except for the fact that it has a synopsis that just really appeals at the time. I usually grab the RS themed erotica hoping for a plot and sometimes I get it and a lot of times I don't. But the best books I've ever read were the slow seduction and lots of sexual tension building and building. I, too, can live without any sex as long as the romance is there.

message 9: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (fantasyannie) I tried reading one of Laurell K. Hamilton, Anita Blake vampire hunter books, I know it is not erotica but it was just not my kind of story. I only read a few chapters and had to stop. There was no romance at all just sex with everybody at the same time; I guess I'm old fashion but I like my stories with one guy and one girl. I don't mind hot wild sex but one on one not three or four at a time. Like you the romance is more important to me; I don't have to have the sex to love the story.

message 10: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 591 comments So, the best slow build scene? I have to think on this... lol

message 11: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Oh, that is a good question, Cali! Hmmm... I'll have to think on it too. :)

message 12: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 591 comments I am just reading Outlander and like Jamie and Clare's wedding night a bit. Quick always has a lot of heavy petting before the deed.