Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

TV Shows > Covert Affairs

Comments Showing 1-50 of 114 (114 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 4110 comments Mod
Does anyone else watches this show?

I love Auggie. He's a sexy blind nerd. He's the reason why I watch this show.

Dave Malkoff use to be a CIA agent. Watching this show, I can picture my second baby as a CIA agent.

message 2: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
I have wanted to but haven't gotten around to it yet :)

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (kittiescardigansbooks) | 207 comments I LOVE this show! I am dying to know more about the Ben character (her past love), and the more Auggie the better! Can't wait for next weeks ep, it looks like it's going to be crazy!

I love spy shows, what can I say...

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (kittiescardigansbooks) | 207 comments @ Pamela - you NEED to check it out!!!

message 5: by Arch (new)

I'm going to record Tuesday episode. I have to see Auggie.

message 6: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

I'll check and see of they have any episodes on the internet.

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (kittiescardigansbooks) | 207 comments There should be some on the USA website or on Hulu...

message 8: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

I looked on USA and they do have some episodes but not the pilot. I'll check HULU later.

message 9: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (cheriesg) | 53 comments I love this show. My mom records it every week and my sisters and I all gather at her house every Friday for Covert Affairs night. I am very interested in the past love and can't wait to see more. And Auggie... Auggie is the man. We all have a little Auggie crush going, including my mom.

If you havn't seen the show check it you. If you like shows like Le Femme Nikita or Alias you'll probably like this (although it is lighter than either of those shows.)

message 10: by Arch (new)

Birkoff was my nerd from La Femme Nikita.

message 11: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (cheriesg) | 53 comments I did like Birkoff, but it was all about Michael for me. You know there will be a new Nikita on the CW. I am not excited about it personally, but I will probably check it out.

Have you seen the previews Arch.

message 12: by Arch (new)

I don't have CW. I wish that people would stop trying to remake shows. They need to leave La Femme Nikita alone.

They did another 90210 and Melrose Place. I know that the Melrose Place was cancelled, did they cancel the new 90210 as well?

They need to make shows for the newer generation and stop stealing shows from before their time.

message 13: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (cheriesg) | 53 comments I know! I think 90210 is still on, but I don't watch it, nor do I know anyone who does. I think overall they are running out of ideas, but I really wish they would stop raping my youth!!

message 14: by Arch (new)

There are too many aspiring writers that people don't want to use. They need fresh ideas. Give these writers a chance. Let the original shows, be the original shows.

message 15: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (kittiescardigansbooks) | 207 comments I'm also seriously worried about the Nikita remake - especially since it is on the CW of all channels (I mean seriously? A teenager channel?). If it was going to be on ABC or something I'd be less worried! La Femme Nikita is one of my all-time favorite shows!

I agree with needing fresh ideas for shows (and movies). It is getting rediculous! That is one thing that I really like about the USA channel (and TNT) - they have some cool shows!

message 16: by Arch (new)

USA rocks. I use to love watching Silk Stalking back in the day on USA.

message 17: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (cheriesg) | 53 comments Oh my goodness, Arch! I loved Silk Stalkings. Chris and Rita were so good to watch.

Amanda, those are my feelings exactly. If the new Nikita was going to be on a network that does not cater its shows to teenagers I might be excited. Even more so if it were on USA. I think the new show is going to be a big disappointment to the old USA show fans.

message 18: by Arch (new)

CeCe, I liked Chris and Rita. I was happy when they have finally gotten together. I've seen them as a couple from the beginning. They were best friends.

message 19: by Arch (new)

As for the new La Femme Nikita. I wonder how they are going to do it. We know what happpen to Birkoff, Michael, and Nikita. Are they going to pick up where the show ended? I know they aren't going to try to start from the beginning.

I've always wanted Birkoff and Nikita to hook up. Peta Wilson and Matthew Ferguson were an item briefly in real life. That's why Cat and Mouse looked so real.

message 20: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (kittiescardigansbooks) | 207 comments CeCe - I totally agree! I can't decide if I want to even watch the show - I almost feel like I should because I loved the original show (and the movies not half bad), but I just know it's going to be bad!

That is one major reason I am loving Covert Affairs, because yes the whole female secret agent isn't anything new, but the I think the show is different than other shows like it and it is just fun!

message 21: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (kittiescardigansbooks) | 207 comments Arch - so although I knew they were making a new Nikita show, I never saw a preview for it. I just looked online, and I don't think this show has a whole lot to do with the original. It looks like in this show she escaped three years ago, and is trying to stay away from being reacquired (maybe?). It looks like Shane West is in it (which is a plus cause I think he's hot!).

So I think I have officially decided that I will give it a try - the trailer looked like there's a lot of action, so that is good so far...

message 22: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (cheriesg) | 53 comments Amanda, I'll probably check out the new Nikita. Though this show will have its work cut out for it because the original show was so good. All of the characters were so strong (and conflicted). I don't know how it will stand up in comparison and it will be impossible for me not to compare. (My sister has the entire orginal series on DVD so we still get together and watch it from time to time.)

message 23: by Arch (new)

Amanda,

I like how Shane West talk.

message 24: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (cheriesg) | 53 comments Arch, I didn't know they had dated (Wilson and Ferguson). That is intersting. Now I'll have to go watch that episode again.

I too loved it when Chris and Rita finally got together because I loved how close they were as best friends.

message 25: by Arch (new)

Yes, Peta Wilson has a book out. It came out during La Femme Nikita. She admitted to having a torrid affair with Matthew.

message 26: by Arch (new)

Did any of you watch Ugly Betty? I didn't. I have seen a few minutes of an episode last week.

Christopher/Auggie played Betty's boyfriend. I have seen a picture of him without his shirt as the nerd boyfriend.

A lot of nerds are sexy. They tend to hide behind their clothes.

message 27: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (cheriesg) | 53 comments "They tend to hide behind their clothes."

Well, I wish they wouldn't. ;)

message 28: by Arch (new)

lol Cece.

message 29: by Arch (new)

I've seen the preview for Nikita. It wasn't my first time seeing it.

I'm glad that they didn't name the show La Femme Nikita. It's just called Nikita.

They will have a Birkoff, but his name is going to be spelled Birkhoff.

Their version of Birkhoff is not my cup of tea. He's played by Aaron Stanford, the fire boy from X-Men and X-Men 2.

I don't have CW and if I did, I wouldn't watch this version of La Femme Nikita.

message 30: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (kittiescardigansbooks) | 207 comments Eww - I do not like that kid from X-men. And kinda dumb about the spelling change. I think they should just start anew so there is less dissapointment for the hardcore fans. Having someone named Birkhoff is just going to give me certain expectations for that character (which are very high indeed!)

I agree with you about being glad that it is just called Nikita. I would for sure not watch if the title was the same (the expectation thing again).

message 31: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (cheriesg) | 53 comments Birkhoff?? Really??? Is there a Michael, too? Don't tell me, I don't think I'd be able to stand it.

Yeah, I think I'll stick with Auggie from Covert Affairs.

message 32: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (kittiescardigansbooks) | 207 comments If there is a Michael, he'd better be better looking than the original. Sorry if you loved him, but I thought for that character (the crazy hot seduction man) the guy should be crazy hot. That Michael just did not do it for me...

Wait just read the summary of the show. And there is a Michael - it's Shane West! Okay, after caving and reading the summary of the show I am intrigued. I am just curious about where they are going with this and to see any similarities and/or continuances with the original.

Oh, and it's called the Division, not Section. And the show seems to be just as equally about a new chic named Alex as it is about Nikita... Very curious.

message 33: by Arch (new)

Shane West's character name is Michael in Nikita.

message 34: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (cheriesg) | 53 comments Shane West is a cutie, but what I liked about the old Michael was that he was so inscrutable so that when he had those tense/intimate moments with Nikita they were all the more dynamic.

I guess that Percy is supposed to be Operations??

It looks intersting just because I love the whole Nikita premise, but the casting doesn't seem as dynamic as the cast from La Femme...

message 35: by Arch (new)

I don't see a Walter. They have an extra woman.

message 36: by Arch (new)

Covert Affairs should have been about Auggie tonight. They barely showed Auggie tonight. I don't have anything against Annie, but I don't watch the show for her.

message 37: by Lady Grey (new)

Lady Grey (theladygrey) | 1 comments Arch wrote: "Does anyone else watches this show?

I love Auggie. He's a sexy blind nerd. He's the reason why I watch this show."

I'm loving this show. An action show with a sense of humor is usually a winner in my book.

message 38: by Arch (new)

They have like 2 episodes left, before the season finale. They need to show Auggie for 98% next episode and 100% for the last episode.

message 39: by Linda (new)

Linda Arch wrote: "They have like 2 episodes left, before the season finale. They need to show Auggie for 98% next episode and 100% for the last episode."

I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 40: by Arch (new)

Auggie is the man.

message 41: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (cheriesg) | 53 comments I agree! More Auggie is a must! I didn't get to watch this weeks episode yet. Hopefully by Friday I'll hae caught up.

message 42: by Linda (new)

Linda Cece you are not missing Auggie:(:( I love that character.......

message 43: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (cheriesg) | 53 comments Ok I'm catching up on tje ladt two weeks of episodes. I'm on the one where Aggie is trying too get info from his ex-girlfriend. Lots of Auggie half naked... and I'm not complaining. More Auggie please!

message 44: by Arch (new)

Auggie was good in that episode CeCe.

message 45: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (cheriesg) | 53 comments Ok Arch, I finally watched the episode you said should have been more account Auggie and I agree. This last episode wasn't so great anf part of the reason was because of too little Auggie. I also didn't like the conversation between Ben and Annie.

I think I'll go back and watch the half-naked Auggie episode. The fight scene on the train was hot.

message 46: by Arch (new)

lol CeCe. Auggie was hot in the whole train scene, starting from train one.

message 47: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (kittiescardigansbooks) | 207 comments I was a little disappointed in the last episode - I thought the first meeting between Ben and Annie wasn't as dramatic as it should have been (or something, I just know that I was expecting something crazy!)

message 48: by Arch (new)

It wasn't Amanda. Last episode, should have been about Auggie.

message 49: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (kittiescardigansbooks) | 207 comments This week was pretty good! Lots of shirtless Auggie! I think next week (the season finale) is going to be good! Hopefully the interaction between Annie and Ben will be more powerful than last time...

Oh, and that bit at the end about Jai (that's how imdb is spelling his name) being in Sri Lanka! Can't wait to find out more!

Unrelated question - does anyone watch the FX show Sons of Anarchy???

message 50: by Arch (new)

I don't watch Sons of Anarchy. I have seen clips of it though.

I hope the season finale of Covert Affairs have 99% of Auggie.

« previous 1 3