Terminalcoffee discussion

Shebangs > Shebang fever

Comments Showing 1-50 of 302 (302 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Misha (last edited Sep 13, 2010 06:38PM) (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) When we decided to do the quickie shebang, there also was talk of doing a Halloween shebang. Is anyone interested, or are you all shebanged out right now?

I'm offering to facilitate if anyone wants to do one - mostly because I'm making a playlist right now of music that encapsulates how I feel about this election season so I figured I might as well share.

EDIT w/deadlines: Sign up by Sept. 13, 9am Pacific Time IS CLOSED. Mixes due by Oct. 12. I'll PM participants with the address.

Final list of participants:

RandomAnthony
Heidi
Barb
Jackie
Gus
Alecia
Sarah Pi
Britt
Misha

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I'm in! Thanks, Mish.

message 3: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart If the due date isn't until after Labor Day, I might be in

message 4: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) I'm thinking toward the end of September and get them distributed around the first of October.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

When is your 'Labor day'? Our Labour day is the 4th October.

message 6: by Misha (last edited Aug 29, 2010 10:59AM) (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) The United States observes Labor Day on the first Monday of September.

message 7: by Zen (new)

Zen (zentea) | 515 comments So, is this the "Halloween Shebang" or a "Fall Shebang"?

message 8: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I say we make this deadline sometime in mid-October. Of course, I still have all my mixes from my quickie shebang that I never sent (because I missed the deadline... bigstoopiddumbhead boys). I'll just fix up the labels and pretty 'em up a bit.

So count me in.

message 9: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) I may be doing one outside of TC, because I have several friends on Facebook (none of whom are here) who have bugged me about firing up a mix swap before Christmas. If anything, count me in tentatively, and I may manage my other mix swap independently.

message 10: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) Is anyone considering a Halloween theme? If so, then I think the deadline needs to be earlier in October to have sufficient time to enjoy the mix during the Halloween season. If not, then a mid-October deadline works for me.

message 11: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6017 comments Rain check.

message 12: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I'm not doing a Halloween theme, but I'm still in.

message 13: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Not a Halloween theme... mine.

message 14: by Barb (new)

Barb I'll have to think about this one ... will get back to you. I don't think I'd be down for a Halloween theme though.

message 15: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) Okay, let's just call it a fall shebang then.

Shebangs due Oct. 12 (that's Tuesday after Columbus Day so everyone can run to the post office on Saturday).

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Tentatively in, not Halloween specific but not too far off. I've been wanting to do the theme I have in mind for a while.

message 17: by Barb (new)

Barb Sign me up.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I'm in! Woo!

message 19: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) Last call to sign up.

message 20: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) I'll reiterate: I'm in.

message 21: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) Sweet!

message 22: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart I wish I could be! But I'm not in

message 23: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments I'm in! And I promise no dirty songs this time :)

message 24: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) Bummer. :(

(Yes, I have the vocabulary of a 14-year-old circa 1994 today)

message 25: by Misha (last edited Sep 10, 2010 12:27PM) (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) Alecia wrote: "I'm in! And I promise no dirty songs this time :)"

I'm glad you're in, but I'll miss the dirty songs. :)

message 26: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Ugh, but I want one of Gus' mixes 'cause I hear they are interesting.

What time do I have to decide? And what's the theme?

message 27: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments Misha wrote: "Alecia wrote: "I'm in! And I promise no dirty songs this time :)"

I'm glad you're in, but I'll miss the dirty songs. :)"

I can sneak one in on your cd if you really want me to Misha...I had about 50 songs lined up for that last shebang LOL

message 28: by Misha (last edited Sep 10, 2010 01:20PM) (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) If you're on the fence, I'll extend the sign-up deadline until Monday morning, 9 am Pacific Time. Discs are due to me Oct. 12. The theme is open. My theme is Election Day (and my playlist is done other than some minor tweaking). Some others may be doing a Fall theme. Gus always does his own thing.

If you're looking for an idea, I'd enjoy seeing a theme that's representative of you and the process of self-discovery you've been going through lately.

message 29: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I'm still in, right? I want to be in.

Ames, Bellsy... you kids should consider participating. For realz, yo.

message 30: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) You're in, Heidi. I've been updating the list in msg 1.

message 31: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Oh. Yay. Good. :)

message 32: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I'll move from tentative to definite.

message 33: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) Yay!

message 34: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Britt, if you decide you can't make it this time around, I'll burn and mail you a copy of my mix.

message 35: by Barb (new)

Barb Misha wrote: "If you're looking for an idea, I'd enjoy seeing a theme that's representative of you and the process of self-discovery you've been going through lately."

You're in luck!
Since this fall is bringing a great deal of change to my life, my theme is about transitions and changes in one's life.

message 36: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) Very cool, Barb! If my playlist weren't already done, I'd be thinking about doing something along those lines.

Not gonna change directions. Nope. Not gonna do it.

Anyway, I really like my election mix and its commentary on the mood of the American electorate.

message 37: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Well, I'm at home this weekend. If I buy some blank cds and an envelope, we have a post office on campus, and I can send from there.

Okay, I'm in.

message 38: by Misha (last edited Sep 10, 2010 05:12PM) (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) Woohoo!

Since I already said I'd extend the deadline for Britt, I'm leaving sign-up open until Monday morning if anyone else wants in. We've got 9 participants at this point.

message 39: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Is there anything on the last shebang I made that fell completely flat and y'all didn't like? I want to make this a pleasurable experience for all.

message 40: by Barb (new)

Barb Just make a mix you're happy with ... if your goal is to try to make us happy, it kind of defeats the purpose of you sending us your music. At least that's how I look at it.
I'll be finalizing my playlist and art work this weekend.

message 41: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart My theme is love, ladies and gentlemen.

message 42: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) What Barb said.

For what it's worth, I can't think of anything on your mix that made me plug my ears. ;) I liked your taste, which is why I'm glad you decided to participate.

message 43: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) My art is going to challenge my photoshop skills (which are pretty rudimentary). If I can pull it off the way I want, it should be a good representation of my theme.

message 44: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Okay, can someone tell me how to make cover art?

message 45: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) I use Roxio software that came pre-loaded on my laptop. I just pick a template and drop in a photo that I've downloaded from the internet. Other people have done collages or drawings or no cover art at all. Make cover art if you feel inspired, but the only thing really required is a track list.

message 46: by Barb (new)

Barb Britt wrote: "Okay, can someone tell me how to make cover art?"

I usually play with whatever image I'm using in Paint.net, then after I've got it the way I want, I import it into Excel because I have a sort of template for the sizing ... also, this way it's in the same document as my track list for the back.

message 47: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) ok, I think I would like to try one of these. What is the deadline and who gets my CD?

message 48: by Barb (last edited Sep 10, 2010 08:23PM) (new)

Barb The deadline to sign up is Monday. We'll all make up the correct amount of CD's (everyone on the list minus yourself) and ship them off to Misha by Oct 12th with a prepaid return envelope, and she sends one from everyone else back.
See post #1 for the list of who's participating, I think she was updating it there.

message 49: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) Misha, I spoke too soon. Please take me off this list. I think I will be in over my head.

message 50: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) Will do. Maybe next time?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7