We'll Always Have Summer (Summer, #3) We'll Always Have Summer discussion

What if Belly married Conrad…

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianna (last edited Aug 28, 2010 05:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brianna Not that I’m team Conrad or anything but what if she did. Anyone ever think about it, did anyone else realize how similar Belly and Becks life would be? They could be in the same situation...
Like Belly as Beck
Conrad as Adam
Laurel as Taylor.
My idea came form when Laurel was telling off Adam, when she said she had tried to talk her out of being with him but she loved him soooo much. That reminded me of Belly. What if Belly got sick or just died, and Conrad left her or cheated on her, wouldn’t Taylor being Laurel, say the same thing to Conrad. Belly loved him with all her heart but he was a jerk, like his father.
I don’t know, it’s just a thought.

this,is,my,username.. wow i never thought of that untill noww

Brianna I have a lot of time on my hands lol I came up with this when I first read book #2 and its been in my head since. just wanted to get it out there

message 4: by Breemck (new) - added it

Breemck But Conrad hates his dad for what he did and when u hate some one for doing something u tend not to do it ur self so i don't see it and plus J would be going over bored with two people having cancer in one series

message 5: by Brianna (last edited Aug 28, 2010 05:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brianna this is just a what if secnario, haha not really going to happen. but conrad is like his father, he doesn't know what he wants...

this,is,my,username.. yea but you know i think conrad could be really sweet because i noticed when belly trys to get close to conrad its always in a really bad time but when they do acutally spend nice time together they are like perfect

Kelsey I think it would be interesting..but honestly I'm so Team Conrad for just right now I hadn't thought about the future, but it would be interesting. I don't see Conrad being like his father however, even if they do have the tendency to push those they love away. Hopefully Con will grow out of this phase and become the man Belly needs him to be!

message 8: by Breemck (new) - added it

Breemck totes! I really hope she marries conrad!!

Jane i think that Jenny han wants you to think that in the end of the second book belly is about to gt married but actually wwhen you think about it a few years later means shes probably a senior at senior prom or something

this,is,my,username.. yea thats wat i said too!

message 11: by Kirzzy (new)

Kirzzy i hope belly and conrad are together in this book. when you love someone like that you cant let it go. it would just torture her everytime she saw him if she was with someone else.

message 12: by Jane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jane wait guys i just read an interview and it said that bely is going to be 20+ in the third book!

Zarra wait....who's taylor again??

this,is,my,username.. well up about to the middle of its not summer without you they were bestfriends

message 15: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I think Belly and Conrad are meant for each other. Jeremiah is like Belly's brother...NOT her boyfriend. Everyone see's Jeremiah as the perfect guy, but if you read closely, he's...not. At the end of the second book, Jeremiah blames all the bad stuff on Conrad. He says "Conrad's" the one that corrupted Belly, when Jeremiah's the one who gave Belly tequila and agreed to let her swim in the ocean when she was drunk. Conrad stopped Belly from swimming and killing herself. Conrad cares. We just haven't seen his side of the story yet. Conrad and Belly = ♥ forever. Jeremiah's a sweet guy, but not for Belly. THink about it...

Lauren we all know conrad will most likely end up with belly. jeremiah will probably screw up one time and it will be a good enough reason to go back to conrad (even though i'm admitingly a jeremiah fan)

this,is,my,username.. i was thinking that even if belly did go back to conrad, would he take her? i mean in the second book Laurla is talking to belly about how Conrad would bring her shells and call her his girlfriend, and Belly wants to tease him about it and Laurla says something about how his pride is important to him, So would his pride stop him from dating Belly again?

message 18: by Breemck (new) - added it

Breemck I dont think so cause it says he relises that it was a mistake to tell belly to go with Jere so hopefully pride wont be an issue

Healani I'm hoping that in the 3rd book, Jenny Han include Conrad's point of view and we can really see what his deal is. He admits his feelings for Belly so what is holding him back? Belly is a bit immature too, always to quick and defensive, a lot of times not letting Conrad finish or explain things. I'm so hoping we get into Conrad's head so we can see once and for all if he really loves her or is just a jerk. Also ...
.........***SPOILER ALERT ***REGARDING BOOK THREE
the following summary was a happy holiday gift from Jenny to her fans on her website "dearjennyhan.blogspot.com" do not read if you don't want to know............
"Happy Christmas and New Year! Here is my present to you guys-- a summary of We'll Always Have Summer! Oh, and check out the mix tape over in the Books section of my site. Just five more months until the book is out... I can't wait, yall! Here goes nothing.

"It's been two years since Conrad told Belly to go with Jeremiah. She and Jeremiah have been inseparable ever since, even attending the same college-- only, their relationship hasn't exactly been the happily ever after Belly had hoped it would be. And when Jeremiah makes the worst mistake a boy can make, Belly is forced to question what she thought was true love. Does she really have a future with Jeremiah? Has she ever gotten over Conrad? It's time for Belly to decide, once and for all, who has her heart forever."

xoxo

Kelsey Yeah but on the publishers website and on amazon the description is different :|

message 21: by Giraffe (new)

Giraffe If Conrad and Belly got married, I would genuinely be happy. Both of them would finally get what they want, even if Conrad couldn't admit that he loved Belly all along. Jeremiah probably wouldn't even get too upset. It would definitely be more problematic if it was the other way around, and conrad was left alone..

message 22: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Brianna wrote: "Not that I’m team Conrad or anything but what if she did. Anyone ever think about it, did anyone else realize how similar Belly and Becks life would be? They could be in the same situation...
Like..."

well look at this view
belly= beck
jeremiah= adam
taylor= laurel

from the many spoilers i have read jere just like his dad cheats on belly. and in the 2nd book adam was with beck on her final weeks of living so to make it up jere proposed to belly but i guess taylor (as read in the spoilers) stands up for belly just like laurel did for the kids and beck so idk thats wat i think.

message 23: by Bettynineten (new) - added it

Bettynineten At the end of the last book Belly ends up with Conrad. When I read it made me angry cause Jere is soooooo much better thab Canrad the jerk.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I wish Jeremy had a nicer girlfriend than Conrad, * sigh *

Chloe she does marry conrad...

message 26: by Beck (new) - rated it 4 stars

Beck But...she does marry Conrad at the end...I don't understand this conversation.

Brandie I was so happy when she ended up with Conrad. He is so amazing and way hotter than jerimia

Chloe yeah hard out.. how is the a hypothetical question when it happens... but yay belly and conrad :)

Brianna This was a question of mine way before the book came out...

Brandie She does

message 31: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna awh, well she did end up marrying him :) i was like legit crying to hard coz they were meant to be! <3 lol, my friends all make fun of me for reading this book. during a state test for high school, i was reading it in between the tests and i started crying and everyone was laughing at me, but this book was honestly amazing. xo

Andrea Blanch she did marry Conrad right? :D

well, what if she marry Jeremiah?

message 33: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Andrea wrote: "she did marry Conrad right? :D

well, what if she marry Jeremiah?"

yeah, she married conrad :)

Andrea Blanch yea, the last time i checked she married Conrad. lol:D
i think she meant was what if she married Jeremiah? switched the name whatsoever. :)

Marisa Garcia Im glad belly married conrad.

Anmol Not to ruin much
Belly marries Conrad
Opps did tell you what happened

Kaitlynn Belly should marry Conrad because they have so much chemistry together and Jeremiah was like a brother to her. Conrad did treat her like trash in the first book but they belonged together.