COOKIES! discussion

Chit chat > a dilemma

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim, Cookie Master (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 530 comments Mod
I have a dilemma. I have created a new and really good cookie recipe. I made it yesterday. I am seriously thinking about entering it in next year's county fair. I am afraid if I post it, it may find it's way to others who may have the same idea, and my cookie will lose it's unique status.

Should I post or not? That is the problem. I fell as moderator, I should, but as a potential contestant, I am loathe to reveal my recipe until after I enter it.

What do you all think?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Don't post it until after the Fair, Kim. We can wait until then (I can, I think). Good luck perfecting your future prize-winning recipe! :)

message 3: by Paul, Ace cake baker (new)

Paul (merman1967) | 52 comments Mod
Keep it under wraps. If you NEED to share or burst... pick a friend or two that you trust to keep silent. HUGGIES

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Paul means him! (just a friendly teasing) You could just send some cookies to your friends for a taste test! :)

message 5: by Kim, Cookie Master (last edited Aug 30, 2010 11:54AM) (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 530 comments Mod
I had unanimous votes to enter the cookies into the fair next year from the group at the party I took the cookies to on Saturday. They were gone in about 2 hours. 4 dozen or so of them. I think I am going to keep this one quiet for now. It is in my nature to share so this is going to be hard to keep my fingers quiet.

So, please bear with me, and the recipe will appear sometime in August 2011.