The Zeta Society discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
History > we can write ~WOW~ - general

Comments Showing 1-50 of 122 (122 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel | 2783 comments ok i knw the titles stupid xDD

so this is for the ppl who like to write
u can promote the stuff you've written, get comments, help, suggestions blah blah blah
=D =D =D

message 2: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 5696 comments yeah that's a really good idea Ami, but maybe we could take turns to post stuff so we can look at one piece at a time so we have enough time to comment on it?

message 3: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel | 2783 comments ok =D
do u wanna start mr.wiki??

message 4: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 5696 comments ermm nahh thanks, got nothing written at the moment except old stuff:p

message 5: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel | 2783 comments oh come on just copy and paste something form ur 'writing' thing on here
a poem anything!

message 6: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 5696 comments Tainted

Left alone with my broken wings
Staring into the heart of darkness
The sadness remembering brings
A tourniquet of emotions and heat
Trace the shapes of fury inside
Curl up into a cocoon of delusion
Embrace the silence and confide
Curses arrowing into oblivion
Struggling against the taint of love
Cowering from the sunlight of truth
Blind you eyes to the light from above
And linger here, holding you heart
Cradled within porcelain hands

R.Bauer
26-08-09

message 7: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel | 2783 comments aaawwwww
i loved that!!
really good
but wats a tourniquet? :P

message 8: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 5696 comments it's a piece of cloth or rope or a band that you tie around you arm or leg to prevent blood loss or poison frm entering into the body further

message 9: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel | 2783 comments oh i knew that xD
LOOOOOOL jk xD

message 10: by Ameena (last edited Sep 01, 2010 05:53AM) (new)

Ameena Adel | 2783 comments ok i wanna add something i wrote :P
it isnt long but here it might look long:

THE COMFORT OF DEFEAT

There was a period in my life where in I was an energetic, brave, bright young man. A man that had all the things he deserves. I had a lover, I had control and I had dignity, but unfortunately, that is all gone; now I am nothing but a worthless piece of meat, laying on the bed, unable to do the simplest things.

For how would you feel to be unable to go to the bathroom? Unable to change your clothes? Unable to hug the person you love?

My name is Hartwin. Yes indeed, my name may mean strong and brave, but I am none of that. I am a former soldier from World War One; The Great War they call it.

How is a war great when it has killed millions of innocent civilians? How is a war great when it had paralyzed former soldiers like me?

War to me is a nightmare I cannot wake up from. I constantly get flash backs of the horrendous deaths of young soldiers. Picture young men in their green uniforms dying, soldiers that have barely lived 20 years. I recall the unbearable scene’s I have witnessed. I evoke the streams of blood that have passed by my side in the trenches. Those rivers of blood have brought upon me shame. My fellow soldiers have breathed their last breath in front of my eyes, yet I was vain of doing anything but gaze and glare in their eyes occupied by pain and suffering.

To be honest, a part of me had this desire of death. A sick part of me envied those millions of casualties. I wanted to die and get over with it; I never imagined surviving the war. Surviving was near to impossible; the tanks, the poisonous gas, and the machine guns; it was all so dreadful.

I bear in mind standing between the millions of dead bodies. As the smell of the corpse aroused with the haze, I remained strangled between anger and satisfaction. I was captured with the suffering of myself and soldiers like me. Although my view of war was repulsiveness, the anger and fury moving by with the soundless wind emerged with the astonishing beauty of war, viewing the monstrous part of me. The image sealed in my mind of the basic colors, the breath taking beauty of red caught between mountains of black and gray and the flesh of fellow men resting aside the motionless sand; that was the portrait of war between a grand frame. Standing there frozen I was blinded by my foolishness. The way I was able to stand there finding a smirk somewhere deep in my heart was halfhearted. The flavor of the sand must have dozed me off to apart of me I never knew or came across.

At night, when the sun was no where to be seen and everyone was at amends; I lay on my back on the sand in the trench, thinking of all the lives I have taken. I looked in my mind at all the final stares I was given. I gave each soldier I killed a name and a story. I kept on thinking of the families who will be soon given the news of the death of their loved one. I relentlessly imagined the weeps of the children. Those were the nights I thought about suicide, yet the thought of suicide in war felt bizarre. I considered letting someone kill me instead. However, I didn’t want anyone to feel the grief I felt when killing a fellow. I was caught between two decisions undecided. I remained that way for over seven months, night after night just visualizing the way my life would be taken. There were times the image of my death was peaceful; though other times my death was horrendous. I felt like a beast which needed to be killed. I had stopped the idea hovering in my mind that I was fighting in favor of my country and that by doing this I was a hero. In reality, no one is a hero in war. That is something I have learned throughout my journey.

After those intense seven months passed, I was called by my commander Sir Wendell for a counter attack against the French. By that time I was done thinking. I had to come to a decision or else I would take another father from his child. I suspended my canteen on my belt, put on my helmet and took the most threatening machine gun I could find. I rushed out to the battle field, my heart racing, my mind pounding with second thoughts and my emotions running by like the wind.

I stared in the eye of the French troop who would soon kill me remorsefully. Yet I knew that he has killed others before and that my soul would make no difference to him. With that final stare I was first gunned down in the leg then in the arm, after that stabbed times any numbed person with pain couldn’t count. I felt the French troop’s fury and rage. I wondered what his name was, what he was thinking and if we, putting aside our differences, could’ve been friends.

After the French troop was gone, I laid on the enemy’s soil, my head to the ground, admitting defeat. Deep down I felt contentment and joy, although I was helpless I felt complete for the first time in my life. In my heart I acknowledged that I may have lost the battle, but I won the war. I felt blessed that I was smart enough to know how to end my place in war.

I may have once been energetic, brave and bright, but now paralyzed I am more full of life then ever. I have a luxury no one will ever get. I have accomplished something no one would ever dare to attain. I have conquered the fear of defeat and learned that sometimes losing isn’t the worst thing. In fact, in some occasions, it might be the finest.

message 11: by BD (new)

BD (bd-zainabhosain) | 2865 comments Mod
ummm..not long u say?

message 12: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 5696 comments BD:)let it be eh

message 13: by BD (new)

sigh...ok

message 14: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel | 2783 comments hahahahahahah
it isnt long
wen u copy and paste it in word it less than 2 pages :P
come on pleeassee tell me wat u guys think!

message 15: by Dragonrider (last edited Sep 30, 2010 04:51PM) (new)

Dragonrider | 2897 comments I'm going to St. Louise, so sure I'll read it when I get back.

message 16: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel | 2783 comments awwwww thank you DR :D :D
at least SOMEONE'S gonna read it :D

message 17: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 5696 comments hmm I like it, very graphic, though you may want to experiment with your images and try to describe them in different ways so as to personalise it:)

message 18: by Woolfie (last edited Oct 01, 2010 05:46AM) (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 5696 comments The Absence of Pain

The pain that erupts from a dream
into the black openness of a soul
by the side of the lingering scream
underneath where laments are told
This is the place of living
This is the breath of death
Be not too unforgiving
suckle on hope's last breath
Into the heaving canyons of yore
around the rock that thinks itself
comes a truth too pink to ignore
through broken teeth you lie yourself
This is what waits the wandering many
an embrace of the lost and the lonely
a pyre of ice built upon a home
a gravestone, the one and only
Through the mist thick as sleep
lost and wandering the cruel earth
look far away but not too deep
crumple into the shape of birth
a rambling road red with kisses
a salt-licked song crying in vain
stand in awe inside your glass cages
and taste the absence of pain

This came to me, I didn't stop to think what it meant I just went with the first thing that came into my head, so I'm sorry if it doesn't make any sense:p

message 19: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel | 2783 comments thank youuuu ross :D :D
finally someone read it!

i love this part the most:
This is the place of living
This is the breath of death
Be not too unforgiving
suckle on hope's last breath

hahahahahaha i LOVE it!! :D :D
reallyyy, i do
even the thing u wrote after wards rhymed xD
sooooo cool!!

message 20: by Dragonrider (last edited Oct 02, 2010 06:11PM) (new)

Dragonrider | 2897 comments Ameena wrote: "awwwww thank you DR :D :D
at least SOMEONE'S gonna read it :D"

I red it. The piece was very mature, with much detail of the man's mind. So yeah I liked it. Thanks :)

message 21: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel | 2783 comments thank YOU! :D :D :D
dont u write anything DR?

message 22: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 2897 comments Yeah I haven't posted any of it. I will when I get home maybe.

message 23: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel | 2783 comments cant wait.
i dot think i should post anything else :P
u knw...give a chance for the others.. :P

message 24: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 2897 comments Cool :)

message 25: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 2897 comments Here you sorry it took so long

The Computer that said Die.

“No, No, No!” I yelled hysterically as I hit the black computer keys. The computer screen showed a desktop with a picture of a white cloud, but nothing was working. Then I tried to shutdown the expensive computer by pushing the glowing blue power switch, with no avail. Finally, I decided to pull the plug on the dumb machine and the screen went blank. I then decide to plug it in. What came up on the screen was the usual HP logo in blue, and then it all turned a dark black. After this in ghostly white letters the computer wrote, “ ENTER BOOT DEVICE, OR ENTER BOOT MEDIA DEVICE”. Now I was freaking out, so I turned the power off and went to my sister for advice.

“ I don’t know what to do, why did you ask me!”, my sister said. “ I don’t know, I’m just freaking out. First it was just fine, then it went all ka-boom on me!” “Go tell mom then”, my sister said, “ She knows more about computers than I do.” So I went downstairs, where mom was typing on the old ugly gray computer. “Mom, the computer isn’t working.”, I said. She replied calmly with, “Let me finish the Lay Leaders for church, and then we will look at it.” So after a half- hour later, we were back at the scene of the crime. The diabolical, shiny, black computer started whirled as the screen came to life.

Again it showed the blue HP logo than it went blank. The computer replied with this message, “ HARD DISK ERROR, PRESS CTRL + ALT + DELETE TO RESTART”. Obeying its orders, mom pressed all three keys. The computer logo appeared and disappeared again into black, and again replied with the message. “HARD DISK ERROR, PRESS CTRL + ALT + DELETE TO RESTART.” Mom did this several more times before she gave up. Then she told me, “I don’t know what to do, I’ll get dad to take it to Giga-bits.”

The next day, after school, my sister and I came home to find no computer. I asked dad what the people at Giga-bits said. He told me, “They said the hard drive overheated and destroyed itself.” He also said it would cost Three-hundred dollars to fix, but all the information the computer contained would gone. We still have not decided to fix it or not. Though I do know, now I have to do my book report on the ugly but reliable gray computer.

message 26: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel | 2783 comments hahahahahaah
i hate it wen computers r gay
i swear i lose it, i have no patients wen it comes to computers
is this a true story? :P

message 27: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 2897 comments Yep, and it was a expensive one to boot.

message 28: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 5696 comments yeah that sucks!

message 29: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 2897 comments I know and it was so sweet of a machine.

message 30: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel | 2783 comments aaww sryy

uummm
this is something else ive writer :P

The blessing of having nothing_____________________
Walking down the streets of New York City, a red hat laying on my head that smells like fish, a shopping cart accompanying me; full with used items from dumpsters, and rags of clothes hanging over my meatless body, I look around questioning the reason of my condition.
I see many people with designer bags and sun glasses that had to cost hundreds. I wonder why people spend that much on items which are worth so little. Women walking in their stilettos which rise higher then mountains, men wearing suits with golden buttons and children which have barley lived a year having diamonds strangled all over their fragile bodies.
As I cross the street, with many other people, pushing the cart in front of me with basically all my belongings in it, feeling the strong breeze on my face as if removing my skin, I observe the people around me.
I could effortlessly read their expressions, I could sense what they were feeling; but unfortunately all I could see and feel was selfishness!
I could hear their conversations; I could see the deceit in their eyes as they walked pass me. One woman passing by, walking in the same speed as I was, having a conversation with her husband, carrying numerous shopping bags, all from high class expensive shops and diamond stores, informing him that she has gone a week worth of shopaholic therapy and hasn’t shopped since. She has no shame in her tone; she shows no feeling of regret. It frightens me to reckon how easy it is these days for people to be dishonest, to be able to lie to the person that matters the most while committing the crime. It is these simple lie’s that destroy the world and that make it the way it is today.
As the woman entered another store, I walked by a man wearing a suit and a brief case in his hand. He was talking to another fellow which looked more casual, I pretended to look throw my cart in order eardrop on what they were saying. They had manipulation written all over their faces. They thought they were safe on at corner of the street, they were talking comfortably about how they would cheat the company they were working in. They laughed and laughed endlessly about how they would steal all the funds and get the company to go through huge losses. It disgusts me to even assume that people these days go to work, not to be successful or contribute toward their country, but to con and commit fraud in favor of themselves; not even thinking of the people they will hurt or effect. These are the selfish people who end up getting the whole country in debt problems and recessions.
I move on not even considering staying an extra moment. I continued my journey on the side walk, thinking of all the people around me, viewing in my mind the way they ruin the world, the way they misuse their blessing. I envision how the world would change and translate into a world without fraud, lies or selfishness. I could vividly see people working in favor of their country and contributing to develop the world we are in today. I see that there wouldn’t be any homeless people like me.
The Black spot in people’s heart is what makes them the people they are today, the stack of money in the palm of their hands is what blinds them from the truth of their actions, the expensive whiskey, wine and champagne is what drunks them off to the self-centered world they make today.
I may have nothing but this shopping cart in front of me, yet I have more blessing then anyone around. I may not have designer bags and stilettos that rise higher then mountains, or the diamonds strangled around those infants frail bodies. Then again, I do have something they don’t have; I have the wealth of being homeless. I might not have a degree in medicine or engineer, but I do have the ability to recognize the blessings I am surrounded upon.
My eyes are the diamonds around those children necks. My high understandings of the world rise higher then those stilettos, and the things I can see are worth much more then those designer bags.
Whilst everyone see’s the park as nothing but the park. I see it as a heaven with angles hovering by. I overlook the crying babies, the angry mothers and the dirty children. I have the ability to see the beauty in everything; no matter how diminutive or immense.
For you see the blessing of having nothing is what I have; that is the real blessing. It is the ability to see your wealth through poverty; to see what you have through what you don’t; the real blessing is what it really is.

message 31: by Woolfie (last edited Oct 08, 2010 07:24AM) (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 5696 comments See, I never have the patience to wrtie a short story, I get bored halfway and leave it:p

Today my life was born
fresh and red and crying
anguished skies were torn
as the past lay dying
from the ashes of a fallen star
rises a faint and terrible air
the lost people had wandered far
never knowing how to care
life lay lamenting the demise of death
sucking breath from flaccid lungs
the theft of a soul's last breath

message 32: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel | 2783 comments at least try! ill b the first to read it :)

aaww i love the poem!!
but why so sad?

message 33: by AAAlien (new)

AAAlien | 1986 comments one day (hopefully soon) i'm gonna sit and read all of this, ok? :)

message 34: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 5696 comments I dunno seems sad and bloody seems to come naturally;p like I told BD maybe I'm a cuppressed goth :p

message 35: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel | 2783 comments hahahahahaah A3 xD

hahahahahah woolfie xD try to write something happy for a change

message 36: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 2897 comments I am writing an essay for school and I am going to post it little by little on here.

Does my generation have a role in America? The easy answer would be a simple yes or no. The real answer however is some us do have a positive role while others have a negative role in our country. Some kids just want to do their drugs and not care what happens in the future. In contrast others do want to make a difference in our world, protect our country, and actually want to do the hard stuff no one wants to do. So the answer to this question is, yes my generation does have a role in America, but it will be a bitter-sweet one.

One thing that my generation will bring to America is a high obesity rate. The obesity rate in American Children alone is thirty-four percent. This is mainly caused by increase sizes of food, fast food, pop, and the lack of exercise. Obesity has terrible side effects as an adult. These include, diabetics, heart disease, high blood pressure, and more. Not only does this cause harm to your physical health, but also to your mental health. Many of these kids are ridiculed for their looks and while most kids can shrug this off, some can not. This can leads to depression which if not treated, these innocent kids could disappear from this world forever.

message 37: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel | 2783 comments :D :D omg A+++
i lovvee iittt :D :D
"high obesity" hahahahahhaha xD

message 38: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 2897 comments It's true.

message 39: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel | 2783 comments its true but funny
i love the way you write :D

message 40: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 2897 comments Thanks, I just hope the judges like it.

message 41: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel | 2783 comments i know they will!
i mean they have too!!

wait its for a competition? :P

message 42: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 2897 comments Yep

message 43: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel | 2783 comments hope u do well!

message 44: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 2897 comments Thanks

message 45: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel | 2783 comments no problem

for my English language course work this year i have to write something called notes form an even smaller island and its supposed to be about Bahrain, i started it but im not sure if its good enough :P can u guys please tell me what you think?

It’s so annoying how every time you travel somewhere people ask you “have you gone here?”, “have you gone there?” and your answer is always no, no and NO. You feel like you didn’t really travel, like all the money you’ve spent has gone to waist. But no fear, Bahrain is here; an island so small and nonexistent to most people that you will not have to face this problem.

So pack your suitcase, grab your sunglasses and don’t go anywhere near those dark cardigans, cause believe me you will NOT be needing them. Enjoy the long flight, keep your body hydrated and kiss frostiness goodbye.

Once you land, get your luggage and don’t be concerned because we all know what’s going through your mind. Don’t worry this IS Bahrain and not India.

When you’re ready to head out and start your vacation expect a slap from a friend, someone who will be your companion throughout your vacation, Mr. Humidity. Yes indeed, in this sizzling weather you might faint, get sun burns and dehydrate. But don’t let this fright you because there is no escape from the sun, meaning you are guaranteed a perfect tan.

message 46: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 2897 comments Nice satire, but waist should be waste. Paragraph 2

message 47: by BD (new)

hey Amii..
you should hav a page up in the blog tho put this stuff.. watchu think?

message 48: by Woolfie (new)

Woolfie Silvanus (nightlightknight) | 5696 comments Ooh I like that Ami, very nicely put, I agree with BD, you should write a blog:p

message 49: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel | 2783 comments oh HAHAHHAHAAH xD my spelling is like the WORST EVER!!
i spell worse than a 2 year old!

great idea BD! :D :D but can i like post stuff? its it u woolfie and sophs blog? :P

thanks woolfie :D like start my own blog? i would but a girl in my class is the only one who has one so if i make a blog its gonna be like im copying her u knw?? :P childish stuff, dont ask :P

message 50: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 2897 comments She doesn't have to know.

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.