Q&A with Anna Goldsworthy discussion

Welcoming everyone please introduce yourself

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna | 7 comments Mod
Hello everyone, please introduce yourselves here and if you like, say whether you are new to classical music, an avid fan, or a professional. I look forward to getting to meet you.

message 2: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne (jeanne_voelker) Hello Anna,

Thank you for opening this Q&A thread and giving us the opportunity to know you better. What are your earliest music memories?

When we were small children, my mother practiced piano after putting us to bed for the night. I loved hearing her play Schumann, Chopin nocturnes, and always...Paderewski's Minuet.

When we were not yet in school, my sister and I sang duets accompanied by our mother. These were for public occasions and we thought it was fun. Of course, the whole family sang on car trips and in church and at family holidays.

I do think early experiences are formative.

message 3: by Sara (new)

Sara Hi I'm Sara,I've been playing the piano for three months and a half so I'm still a beginner and I'm very glad that I joined this group :)

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna | 7 comments Mod
Hi Jeanne, hi Sara

Lovely to 'meet' you both.

Jeanne - I agree that early experiences are formative. Similarly to you, I used to enjoy listening to my father play the piano while I went to sleep at night. He ranged through a diverse repertoire, including Chopin Waltzes, Debussy's Clair de Lune, the slow movement of Beethoven's Pathetique, and blues numbers including 'It takes a Longhanded Shovel'. How deeply imprinted these pieces of music will always be on me!

Sara - I hope you're enjoying your piano lessons. I applaud you for beginning this journey!

Warm wishes

Anna