Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Authors Book(s) Discussion > Suzanne Brockmann Troubleshooters

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda (new)

Linda Wondering if anyone can help me......in the process of rereading these books.....LOVE THEM!! I read on a different forum that Breaking the Rules (Troubleshooters, #16) by Suzanne Brockmann is going to be the last book in this series.

Is that true? I will be sooooo upset - there are so many more stories to tell......please say it ain't so.....

Thanks

message 2: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 74 comments I think she's going to take a break after Izzy's book and write some other stuff, but I don't think it's the end of the Troubleshooters.

message 3: by Ciera (new)

Ciera Jenkins (forgottenandalone2010) | 8 comments The end of Hot Pursuit (Troubleshooters, #15) by Suzanne Brockmann had a fan letter thing about Suzanne Brockmann taking a break from TS which is sad. I can't for Izzy Izzy Izzy.

message 4: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 4114 comments Mod
Izzy's book is next. It's coming out next year.

In my opinion, Suzanne should have written Lopez and Jazz's book, before she stopped writing to the Troubleshooter Series for a while.

message 5: by Linda (last edited Aug 28, 2010 08:22PM) (new)

Linda Arch wrote: "Izzy's book is next. It's coming out next year.

In my opinion, Suzanne should have written Lopez and Jazz's book, before she stopped writing to the Troubleshooter Series for a while."

I soooooooooo agree......wishing she wouldn't take a break at all.

Have to tell you - reading her Infamous right now and I am not that into it.........usually I can't wait to get back to reading her books....not so with this one sigh

message 6: by Arch (new)

I haven't read Infamous and I probably will not read it.

I would like to revisit my favs: Sam, Alyssa, Dave and Sophia, oh and I can't leave out Ash. But, if only the men were present for a revisit, I wouldn't mind that, because Sam is my number one baby and then Dave.

message 7: by Linda (new)

Linda Well I just finished reading Infamous and I was not impressed AT ALL!!! Very long read................. I won't be rereading it again.

She really missed the mark with this one.

Please go back to what you do best Suzanne!!!

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 635 comments Linda wrote: "Well I just finished reading Infamous and I was not impressed AT ALL!!!
...She really missed the mark with this one.
Please go back to what you do best Suzanne!!!"

I'm not sure I agree with Linda. We allow Christine Feehan to have her telepathic Game action/adventure/suspense series, her vampire Carpathians, and her magic Drake Sisters. We allow Lora Leigh her Breeds, her Ops, her Nauti guys. Jayne Ann Krentz writes historicals, contemporaries, and futuristic romances, paranormal and normal, under various pen names. Some of Nora Roberts' work is paranormal, most is not, and she writes police procedural futuristic mysteries also. Why can't we let Brockmann give us variety?

I've read enough of Brockmann's early work, before she wrote Navy Seals, to give her the benefit of the doubt. I like Infamous without loving it, and I love the Troubleshooters and the Tall, Dark, and Dangerous series. I also love her Siesta Key trilogy, which doesn't have any dangerous heroes at all.

Let's allow Brockmann to start her ghost story series; just because it has her name on it doesn't mean we have to buy each one for our keeper shelf, just the books we like. That's how I handle Feehan, and one can handle Suzanne the same way.

I compare the entertainment value of a book to an evening at the movies... I'd still rather buy the latest Feehan Game novel, read it once and pass it on, for $7.99 than go to a movie for $11 before popcorn and a drink.

Ooops! A bit preachy here. Oh, well, end of rant.

message 9: by Arch (new)

Infamous is about ghosts? I'm not going to read it.

message 10: by Linda (new)

Linda Mollie - I don't have a problem with the ghost story or the paranormal. Am glad she is trying something new however.......

I just don't think it was as good as some of her other books non-TS and TS.

Just my opinion......I have kept all of her books and reread them.....unfortunately not this one.

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 635 comments Arch wrote: "Infamous is about ghosts? I'm not going to read it."

Arch, Infamous is a contemporary mystery romance with one minor character who is a ghost.

message 12: by Arch (new)

Mollie wrote: "Arch, Infamous is a contemporary mystery romance with one minor character who is a ghost."

Okay Mollie. Thanks.

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 635 comments I'm going to begin re-reading the entire Troubleshooters series in December. Anyone want to read along with me?

message 14: by Arch (new)

Have fun Mollie. :)

message 15: by Linda (new)

Linda Mollie wrote: "I'm going to begin re-reading the entire Troubleshooters series in December. Anyone want to read along with me?"

I am with you!!!!

Is this really the last book in the series?

message 16: by Mollie *scoutrmom* (last edited Sep 19, 2010 07:17AM) (new)

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 635 comments Linda wrote: "...Is this really the last book in the series?"

Linda, Suzanne Brockmann has one more coming that I know of on 3/8/11:
Breaking the Rules (Troubleshooters, #16) by Suzanne Brockmann
With the rate that I read, I figure on re-reading all fifteen before the 16th comes out. (I read about 35 books each month. If one reads less, one might want to get a head start on me. Ooops, I just read your initial post, you did this already.)

One thing I will be looking for on this readthrough is Sam's feelings about Alyssa's relationship with Max. Are you seeing any themes in your re-reading that I should look for?

message 17: by Arch (new)

Mollie wrote: "One thing I will be looking for on this readthrough is Sam's feelings about Alyssa's relationship with Max. Are you seeing any themes in your re-reading that I should look for?"

Gone Too Far is the book to read about this. Of course the other books after Over The Edge touch up on this, but Gone Too Far is the book that really have Sam hating Max with a strong passion.