Southern California Events discussion

2010 West Hollywood Book Fair

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) The West Hollywood Book Fair is slated for Sunday, September 26, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. It will be at the West Hollywood Park. I've never been, but I am looking forward to going this year!

message 2: by rivka (new)

rivka | 32 comments I went a two years in a row a couple years back and hope to make it again this year. It's great fun.

message 3: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) It's a small venue, maybe I'll meet up with you!

message 4: by Nick (new)

Nick (smithnik) | 45 comments The actual schedule for this year's West Hollywood Book Fair is slowly being posted now. The different pavillion schedules are posted, although the last hour still has a lot of "TBA" listings for which authors are where.
So, people can start planning what to see, and when to meet up. :-)

message 5: by Diane (last edited Aug 30, 2010 10:11PM) (new)

message 6: by Mandee (new)

Mandee (amandalinajanel) | 3 comments Did anyone make it to this?

Was it any good? Worth trying to make it to next year?

message 7: by rivka (new)

rivka | 32 comments It was too hot for me to go anywhere. Alas!

message 8: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) I did not make it AGAIN! :( Yes, Rivka it was so hot that weekend...hard to motivate to do much of anything.

message 9: by Nick (new)

Nick (smithnik) | 45 comments Yes, I was there, and yes, it was very hot. The organization I was helping at their booth had gotten "promoted" to a lovely spot, very visible, with southern exposure...which would have been great, with weather about 30 degrees cooler. As it was, they had to put up big patio umbrellas to give shade to the authors signing at the booth. I went through a vast quantity of liquid over the course of the day, just to stay hydrated.
On the positive side, there were some GREAT panels, and some really unusual author signings, as well as some spoken word entertainment. I highly recommend the event itself.

message 10: by rivka (new)

rivka | 32 comments Diane D. wrote: "I did not make it AGAIN!"

You and me both. I have fun those years that I do make it, but that happens less often than I'd like.