Richard III discussion

Book Discussions > Richard III historical fiction with romantic elements

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jill (new)

Jill Thanks Misfit for the invite to Richard III forum

I am looking for a historical fiction of Richard III that deals with his love life as well as his history.
Something along the lines of the way Elizabeth Chadwick wrote about William Marshall in 'The Greatest Knight'.

Have read Anne Easter Smith.
Any suggestions?

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan (boswellbaxter) | 418 comments Probably The Sunne in Splendour is your best bet. It's not a romance, but it has a lot about the relationship between him and Anne in it, and the mother of his illegitimate children makes a few appearances.

message 3: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 1139 comments Mod
Susan wrote: "Probably The Sunne in Splendour is your best bet. It's not a romance, but it has a lot about the relationship between him and Anne in it, and the mother of his illegitimate children makes a few app..."

I would second that, and Sharon pretty much sets the Gold Standard as far as books on R3.

message 4: by Jill (new)

Jill Thanks, Susan and Misfit. I'll put 'The Sunne in Splendour' on hold.
I loved SKP's Welsh Trilogy. Hope this is as good.

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (rockstarninja) | 35 comments I LOVED The Sunne in Splendour!! I couldn't put it down and then I didn't want to finish it because I knew how it would end. . . Also I totally endorse Anne Easter Smith. I read A Rose for the Crown and immediately went out and bought The King's Grace and Daughter of York. I'm also excited for her new book about Cecily Neville coming out in May.

message 6: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 1139 comments Mod
SiS is defnitely the best of the best in this field. I haven't read the Easter Smith books yet, but I'm not sure if they are for me or not. I did order a couple of hard to find OOP's yesterday and I'll post about them once I get more info and shipping confirmation. One is about Catherine Gordon and another long lost about Anne Neville. Woohoo.