Karen Chance Fans discussion

Plot Resolution?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 118 (118 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Enjee, Founder (new)

Enjee | 1194 comments Mod
I changed the folder name to broaden the discussion topics in this group. Lets keep it related to Karen's books.

So what plot questions are you dying to see resolved? Do you have any theories about your question?

I want to know how Pritkin got the scars on his shoulder.

message 2: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments I want to know what happened to Radella, the Pixie

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 1164 comments What about Pritkin's golem?

message 4: by Mai (last edited Aug 27, 2010 11:41PM) (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) Yeah, me too, Enjee. Given the staying power, I'm guessing they're demon related in some way. Sigh, hurry up and be June already!!

message 5: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 70 comments I'm definitely interested in the same two storylines.

The last time we saw Radella was when she escaped into Faerie with the kids...and the Dark Fae, right? And they never mentioned whether Pritkin gave her the fertility rune.

Oh, those scars. So promising! Were they mentioned in the original version of Shadowlands? (I never read it.)

message 6: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) Nope, they didn't come up. And KC said on her site that Radella got her rune, but the scene never got written because it slowed down the book, or had to be edited out or something. Hmmm. I should totally write that scene.

message 7: by Josie (new)

Josie | 643 comments I don't know why but I'm not really dying to have anything resolved. I'm just dying to read the book because no matter what Cassie ALWAYS manages to get into situations that no one could have predicted. I mean Cassie and Pritkin swapping bodies?
oh... actually, I'm going to state the obvious and say...
MIRCEA OR PRITKIN???!!!!

message 8: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 70 comments Maeve wrote: "Nope, they didn't come up. And KC said on her site that Radella got her rune, but the scene never got written because it slowed down the book, or had to be edited out or something. Hmmm. I should t..."

Reeealllllyyy?? I didn't see that post. Leaving out the rune aspect seems weird since every appearance of Radella was punctuated by her demand for it. It seemed so very important. I guess I'll hope it will be explained either in the next book, or even in an uber-short.

message 9: by Enjee, Founder (new)

Who here thinks Pritkin might have experimented with Jera and cast the fertility rune on himself before it was given to Radella?

What would be the ramifications of this other than Pritkin having a constant woody until the effects wore off?

message 10: by Enjee, Founder (last edited Jan 28, 2011 02:10PM) (new)

Also, I would like to know what good a Fae Blessing is for Cassie,
(view spoiler)

message 11: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) Er . . . somehow, I can't see that happening. You and your twisted little brain, Enjee :D. Presumably we won't see anything of the Fae blessing until Cassie goes back to Faery, 'cause Rosier said it was useless outside of that.

message 12: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments You and your dirty mind Enjee!

Okay: what Fae blessing? I can't recall anything about a Fae blessing. Someone please enlighten me!

message 13: by Josie (new)

Josie | 643 comments It's in EtN when Rosier is about to like eat Cassie and she promises that Radella can have the rune. Here is the quote:

Radella was silent for a moment. Then I heard a softly spoken, lyrical sentence, almost like bells ringing. “What was that?”
“Nothing.” She sounded embarrassed. “Just…good luck, Cassie.”
I felt the rush of air as she flew past me, and Rosier smiled his ghastly smile. “A Fey blessing. So rare. And so useless, outside Faerie.”

message 14: by Josie (new)

Josie | 643 comments If you want to read the whole scene, it's at the end of chapter 26 (page 340 but you might not have the same edition)

message 15: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Thanks Josie!
Oooh, maybe the blessing is that she can have sex with Pritkin without being harmed?!
Or is that my dirty mind?

message 16: by Josie (new)

Josie | 643 comments Haha!! I didn't think of that but that WOULD be a blessing!!

message 17: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) That would be kind of awesome.

message 18: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments plus that would mean she could only be with him in fairie..it probably is a mark showing that a friend of radella's and therefore under her protection in faeire

message 19: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Well, I'm still hoping that it also means she'll be free if demon influences in Faerie... so have sex with Pritkin!!!

message 20: by Josie (new)

Josie | 643 comments You know Mel, that's not a half bad idea.
I mean she's probs going to Faerie at some point and it all works differently there so with or without the blessing, it could happen! Ok I can't be bothered to make that line sound less dirty.

message 21: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments SEX. Angry, desperate, hot, sex!

message 22: by Josie (new)

Josie | 643 comments Mel!!! Control yourself!!! Take deep breaths and try not to think about Cassie and Pritkin. Together. In a more-than-just-friends way. Involving nakedness. At all.

message 23: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Pooh, just go and spoil my fun, would you?!?

message 24: by Josie (new)

Josie | 643 comments Ha! It's a slippery slope...

message 25: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments slippery...water... pritkin wet..covered in chocolate mmmm.....what was that??

message 26: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) Yeah, that was where my head went. Pritkin, *sigh*

message 27: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (millionmph) | 74 comments Umm, my head kind of always stays right there in the gutter. Naked, slippery wet Pritkin...ahh, right where he belongs.

message 28: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) Wow, did you mean that right as he belongs or, aah right where he belongs (in a totally perverted sense of where. *creepy eyebrow wigglings*)

message 29: by Marissa (last edited Sep 08, 2010 06:46AM) (new)

Marissa (millionmph) | 74 comments Oh, in my mind he is right where he belongs. In the most perverted sense, of course! ;)
As could work too, but only if he is right where he belongs as well.
Hmm, I may have just confused myself with all this nakedness talk.

message 30: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Loss (supersteffy) | 136 comments Enjee wrote: "Also, I would like to know what good a Fae Blessing is for Cassie, since Radella gave one to her when Cassie told her to take all the fae (dark ones too) into the portal for safety."

That's an excellent point Enjee! I have wondered that myself...

message 31: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Loss (supersteffy) | 136 comments Kat wrote: "plus that would mean she could only be with him in fairie..it probably is a mark showing that a friend of radella's and therefore under her protection in faeire"

Yeah, that would be useful--Cassie can use all the help and protection she can get--especially in faery!

message 32: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Loss (supersteffy) | 136 comments Kat wrote: "slippery...water... pritkin wet..covered in chocolate mmmm.....what was that??"

LOL--After reading the comment before this one, I actually had the same thought before reading this responds! Perverted minds think alike!

message 33: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (racheleb76) | 40 comments I want to see if Dory and Cassie will ever meet (and if not, why not). It seems like Dory's more important to Mircea than she realizes sometimes, and he's sort-of married to Cassie, so I just can't see why that hasn't come up as a conversation point. I know, I know, she's very busy getting into dangerous spots with Pritkin. But still.

And the scars on Pritkin - curious about that, too. And what the full story is on him and his wife that Karen alluded to in her post on the Who's Your Author KC page.

message 34: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments Rachel would you mind sending me the link to that post or posting it here I would love to read it.

message 35: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (racheleb76) | 40 comments I wasn't sure how to send the link just to her post, so I copied out the relevant part. (It's on the Karen Chance thread of the "Who's Your Author Goodreads group).

"...Having said that, however, Pritkin's backstory is pretty much what it always was. You don't have it all yet, which is why you don't understand how it fits together completely. What don't you know? A) What really happened with his wife. You have a couple lines on that, nothing more. They're correct, but the whole story is a hell of a lot more interesting. B) Why does he hate his father so much? That has never been fully addressed, and when it is, his attitude will make a lot more sense to you. C) His background. You have glimpses here and there, but you haven't "seen" a lot on him, or for that matter, on Mircea, either. That is because their pasts play a major part in upcoming books..."

message 36: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments Sweet thanks Rachel

message 37: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) I sooo can't wait for all that backstory!

message 38: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Oh me neither!

message 39: by Enjee, Founder (new)

During my re-read of Touch the Dark, I noticed this and wondered how it would play into future plot points:
"I've even heard speculation that the Earth generates a magical field the same way it does a gravitational one, and that someday, someone will figure out how to tap it. That is the holy grail of modern magical theory, though, and no one has managed to do it so far - although countless hours have been lost trying."

message 40: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Good catch! I think it'll definitely come into play!

message 41: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) And there was the thing about tapping into the vortexes.

message 42: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Look who I found: Caught Off Base by J.M. Snyder

message 43: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) Is the ebook significant or is it that the guy on the front looks like Addias from the Youtube vid?

message 44: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments He is Adidas. I also found a few books with the youtube Mircea. That guy is popular. I've seen him on at least 4 covers.

message 45: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (racheleb76) | 40 comments Just thought of something else - I want to know if Cassie will find/save her father.

On a side note, someone mentioned that KC planned this series for 9 books, but didn't get a contract for 9. Anyone familiar with publishing - how does that work? Does she get a contract for the books one at a time? Say she only ends up getting a contract for a total of 7 books, for example - would she have to try to tie up all the loose ends that she intended to resolve in 9 books?

message 46: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) She got a contract for five, she's hoping to get it for the next four.

message 47: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (racheleb76) | 40 comments What if she doesn't get a contract for the next four? She won't leave us hanging with all these questions, will she?!

message 48: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) I really don't know. I'm afraid talking about it will make it real, so shhhh.

message 49: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (racheleb76) | 40 comments To be safe, my lips are now sealed on the subject. Although maybe we could make this theory work for us by talking about Cassie ending up with Pritkin...

message 50: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments LOL, I'm all for it! :)

« previous 1 3