Graywolf Press discussion

Weekend Reads > Weekend Reads 8/27/10

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marisa, Moderator (new)

Marisa Atkinson (totesmarisa) | 244 comments Mod
Weekend reads, anyone? I've just silmultaneously started The Poisonwood Bible and A Gate at the Stairs by Lorrie Moore. Am also finishing up the HILARIOUS Everything Is Going to Be Great: An Underfunded and Overexposed European Grand Tour by Rachel Shukert. If anyone has a copy of her first collection, Have You No Shame?: And Other Regrettable Stories , I'd love to borrow or trade for it!

What are you all reading?

message 2: by Lori (new)

Lori (tnbbc) Hey Marisa!

I am in the middle of Immortal, releasing in October by a fairly new publisher (Hamel Integrity Publishing) and it's a really great read.

It's about a guy whose earliest memory almost predates spoken language - and all the interesting and weird and crazy things he finds himself doing, and all the people and things he finds himself befriending, fighting, and killing!

message 3: by Sara (new)

Sara Habein (sara_habein) | 26 comments I have that Rachel Shukert book sitting on my shelf, but I haven't gotten to it yet. I will likely be finishing up [Book: Here Comes Your Man] by Derek Gentry this weekend.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy (blacksheepdances) | 34 comments Hi guys! How are you all?

I'm finishing up I Just Lately Started Buying Wings, and starting Day for Night. I've finished up alot of loose ends this week, so I'm starting the weekend off right.

Plus, I have the house to myself tomorrow. Woo hoo!