Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

TV/Movies/Music > What do you most want to see turned to film?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jen  ~The dreamer~ | 649 comments I have David Gandy as "Bones" in my head. *sigh*

I'm not sure I want any more of my books turned into movies or TV shows. I do love me some True Blood though! ;)

message 2: by Laura Lulu (last edited Aug 27, 2010 10:13AM) (new)

Laura Lulu (lauralulu) I have David Gandy in my head for a bunch of characters...Bones...Barrons from the Fever series...Max from Gardella Vampire Chronicles...I think I just like having David Gandy in my head. :)

As far as movies, I would love to see the Hunger Games done.

message 3: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (Smiley1881) I think they are already planning on doing the Hunger Games.

message 4: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments Hunger Games, The Mortal Instruments and Darkest Powers for me.

Jen  ~The dreamer~ | 649 comments He's so effing sexy! I LOVE HIM!

message 6: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 219 comments I'd love to see Kresley Cole's IAD series turned into a movie or TV series.

message 7: by Jazmyn (new)

Jazmyn | 24 comments I would love to see Mortal Instruments series, House of Night series, Hush,Hush series, Darkest Powers trilogy, Vampire Academy series and Raised by Wolves turned into a movie.

:)

message 8: by new_user (last edited Aug 27, 2010 03:18PM) (new)

new_user | 1389 comments Hey, what if he's a bad actor though...?

message 9: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
The problem with wanting a beloved series turned into a movie/tv program is--they usually totally screw it up. Yes, I DO love True Blood. But it took some time to get me into the mood, since the first couple of episodes of it, all I was doing was wailing "But, but, but, its not like that in the books."

And, having said that--they did turn Dresden into a series (lasted half a season) and Huff's Blood books into another series--at least they make 22 episodes of that one, but they showed half of it as 1 season and the other half as a second season.

I think that Hollywood does only action/adventure/mysteries well. Anything else, and unless you are talking Indie, they just screw it up. Usually succeeding in alienating their "built in audience" of the fans in the process.

But hey, I'd be willing to give them a try anyway.

message 10: by Mariya (last edited Aug 28, 2010 03:48PM) (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments the only one i love more than the book would have to be the vampire diaries.

but there r still tons id love to see on screen (and this is wit me not thinking they will screw it up, thinking that is just stupid and interfers wit what i really woyuld love to see as a movie or tv series)

mercedes thompson
vampire academy
chicagoland vampires
night huntress
hush hush
kate daniels
mortal instruments
fever series

i think these one have the potentional to turn out great. we need some UNKNOWN ACTORS!!! i dont think any movie could live up to the book. b/c the book will always have more in it and cant fit it in a movie unless they make it a tv series and expand it more.

but i think night huntress and mercedes thompson could be amazing if they get the right actors and producer/writer. like if u dont have the right people or the producer or studio dont knoe wht they're doing it wont turn out good. like the twilight saga(melissa rosenberg didnt knoe wht the hell she was doing and they switched producers every movie and u could tell they did b/c each movie had a different look and feel to it. like the chsracters looks were different, filmed in different locations(cullens house different in twilight and new moon.

but i think people who made lord of the rings, transformers, and some movies along those lines would really get it and make them what we would love and want to watch over and over again.

message 11: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments I'd love to see Night Huntress as an HBO Series like true blood or something.

message 12: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments id like to see night huntress as an HBO series b/c we would get those hot sex scenes but i would not like it to be like true blood. i dont really like true blood that much, like i watch only the eric/sookie/bill scenes online b/c i cant get into the other parts.

if it does become a HBO series i hope its 10X better than true blood.

message 13: by Meg (new)

Meg Moggs (megmoggs) | 15 comments Hmm...Vampire Academy, Mortal Instruments and Shiver would be my top 3 at the moment I guess. But I think Shiver is being made into a film, so Forbidden Game by L.J. Smith can take it's place on my TV Programme wish-list ;)

message 14: by Jessa (new)

Jessa Slade (jessaslade) | 114 comments I'm with Mariya in preferring unknown actors when I SEE characters I already "know" for the first time. One of the reasons the newer Star Wars trilogy didn't work for me was all the famous people running around in a world I already knew :)

Although I wouldn't mind ILM being in charge of the special effects for whatever gets made.

How about Nalini Singh's Angels' Blood? I can already picture the contrast between the gritty city and the perfection of the angels. Plus, it would be spectacular in 3D with flying, leaping vampires, drifting angel dust...

My dreamteam: Joss Whedon to script, Peter Jackson to direct, Guillermo Del Toro to make monsters, and sure, twist my arm, Gandy to star ;)

message 15: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

lol, Ok everyone, lets beat up Jessa and FORCE her to approve our Gandy as the star of--um, well, whatever. :o)

I wonder if Gandy knows about our obsession with casting him as a PN creature of the night???

message 16: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments I think Nalini Singh's series would be great as a series because it's such a visual series and the visuals are so beautiful! Plus, it'd be easy to turn the episodic format into actual episodes, I feel.

message 17: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Aug 29, 2010 09:19PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) For UF/PNR :

Mortal Instruments (as movies)
Maybe Mercy Thompson as an HBO type series
Fever series as an HBO type series

I'm actually not that excited about Shiver being made into a movie. It's a pretty good book, but there isn't a lot of action or even locations outside of homes/cars/stores in that book. Just because a book is good or does well doesn't mean that it should be made into a movie imo.

Non UF/PNR :

Excited about The Hunger Games and The Host being made!
Would like to see the Outlander series done as an epic series on HBO
Would also love to see Tairen Soul as a series

message 18: by Javier (new)

Javier Morales (jworm87) | 1 comments The House of Night Series

By: P.C. and Kristen Cast

message 19: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments Henry Cavill would be EPIC as Ian O Shea in The Host! Also, Minka Kelly should be Mel.
Sorry, saw someone reference the Host and had to sa something.
Rights for Mortal instruments, Shiver,Vampire academy, Fallen, House of Night and others have been bought.
Having said that, they may not be made, like The Succubus series by Richelle Mead. Fox bought that YEARS ago, and never made any headway.

message 20: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments i hope the mortal instruments gets made though. i would seriously love to see that onscreen.

message 21: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments me too, I actually really like to see Vampire Academy too

message 22: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments yea. that too. like TMI and VA i want to see the most of rite now.

message 23: by Meg (new)

Meg Moggs (megmoggs) | 15 comments Mariya wrote: "i hope the mortal instruments gets made though. i would seriously love to see that onscreen."
Yeah, it would be an awesome film. As long as they didn't ruin it, and they got really good actors, I'd be happy :). There's this one guy that should seriously play Jace - his name's Alex Pettyson or something? Alex Petty-something anyway.
Like lots of people have already said, VA would be an awesome film aswell! I'm sure if the right film companies get the movie rights, they'll be fantastic. (:

message 24: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments Alex Pettyfer would be the perfect Jace. Fact!
The company who bought the rights to VA have a facebook page for the movie. The more fans they get, the more likely it will happen, but the odds are looking good. :D

message 25: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 70 comments I would say my top choices would be The Fever Series, Night Huntress Series, and Vampire Academy.

message 26: by Meg (new)

Meg Moggs (megmoggs) | 15 comments Alex Pettyfer, that's it! Yeah, he'd be an amazing Jace.
Ooooh, I'll have to check out that page :)

message 27: by Malena (new)

Malena (mallena) | 22 comments For now Night Huntress and Demonica - movies
Vampire Academy - series
Maybe Immortal after dark could be a good series too. Like long series, every second or third episodes is one book :)

message 28: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments id love for demonica too but i doubt that would happen. hard to cast just like the BDB would be b/c of the super hot men.

message 29: by Ronnie (new)

Ronnie (hathor422) | 28 comments I would love to see a Mercy Thompson series on TV. Maybe on HBO or Showtime. Also if done correctly a Anita Blake series would be so razor. The sex scenes would have to be toned down a lot, but the first 6 or so books on the series would make an excellent series. A Night Huntress series would be great also. And lastly what I wouldn't give to see The Hollows and Rachel Morgan on a weekly series. I am a total Kim Harrison fan. As for YA series, The Darkest Powers books by Kelley Armstrong, would make a good movie I think. I am so eager to see Vampire Academy on the big screen. I am a fan of the movie's Facebook page and hope it gets to see the light of day.

message 30: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments Darkest powers would make an amazing film...but I think it could work really well as a TV show. It could build up to the Reckoning quite nicely. :D
Derek on screen? Amazing!

message 31: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments Demonica would be awesome, especially with the great dialogue between the brothers.

message 32: by Robin (new)

Robin Sabrina Fair wrote: "With One for the Money (not pr or uf) finally being made into a movie and True Blood being so successful, it made me think about what other paranormal/urban fantasy series that would best translate..."

Yes oh Yes but after how they took a detour with the storyline on TruBlood you never know what they would do. It could only work as a series. I think a movie would never happen
dream

message 33: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Hey--you're forgetting the also did the Dresden files as a TV series (sigh, it didn't last past half a season) and Blood Ties (Vickie Nelson series) Blood Pact (Victoria Nelson, #4) by Tanya Huff .

And if we are going to talk about trashed books. . .Beast Master--take a perfectly good Sci-fi and set it in a primitive world--with magic--and slave girls. . . Then we have the horror that was the Bourne movies set. Someone got as far as the first 2 lines on the back blurb of the first Bourne movie and, well, that's about the relationship that those movies had to the books. Then there's Robert Heinlein's Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein and The Puppet Masters by Robert A. Heinlein . :o)

message 34: by Pansy (new)

Pansy | 739 comments I cannot believe no one has mentioned BDB. I like some of the picks but come on people. Rhage,Rhevenge, Zadist, John Matthew. This is perfect HBO or Starz material.

message 35: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments How can you mention BDB and not mention wrath!

message 36: by Pansy (new)

Pansy | 739 comments Jennifer wrote: "How can you mention BDB and not mention wrath!"

You are so right! He is the King...

message 37: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments Well, that wasn't the reason I was including him (he's my fav most of the time) but of course you're right, lol!

Martina the Book Fairy (book_fairy) | 442 comments The rights to Vampire Academy have already been sold to the production company, Preger Entertainment. Those of you who listed it above can find more information at Richelle's blog here: http://blue-succubus.livejournal.com/...

I really hope it gets made - that's one of my top, too. I'd also love to see the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews come to life. :-)

message 39: by Robin (new)

Robin Pansy wrote: "I cannot believe no one has mentioned BDB. I like some of the picks but come on people. Rhage,Rhevenge, Zadist, John Matthew. This is perfect HBO or Starz material."

I almost feel like if they turned the story around to make it condensed I just cringe thinking about it. I feel a creenwriter would butcher it
In a perfect world good idea

message 40: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (thebooknympho) Pansy wrote: "I cannot believe no one has mentioned BDB. I like some of the picks but come on people. Rhage,Rhevenge, Zadist, John Matthew. This is perfect HBO or Starz material."

I love the books so much that I don't know that anyone could do them justice on the big or little screen.

message 41: by Heather (new)

Heather | 60 comments How about Wicked Lovely series or Blue Bloods.

Outlander series would make an awesome HBO or Showtime series!!!!

message 42: by Robin (new)

Robin Heather wrote: "How about Wicked Lovely series or Blue Bloods.

Outlander series would make an awesome HBO or Showtime series!!!!"

There is a thought so who is approaching HBO lol

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Outlander would be one of the best ever, if they got it right. There really isn't anything else like it out there right now.

message 44: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments Wicked Lovely is being made. They have the script written ad are searching for directors

message 45: by Pansy (new)

Pansy | 739 comments I have not read Outlander. I will look it up.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Pansy wrote: "I have not read Outlander. I will look it up."

Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon
It's not PNR, but I found out about it because it was falsely classified as PNR on another forum due to the fact that the stories involve time travel to Highlander-era Scotland.

The series is really a historical romance with time travel in it. Each book often has close to a thousand pages and a lot of imbedded history in them, so they are not light reads...BUT the reason why this series has crossed over and a lot of PNR people have read them is because these books have one of the best couples/love stories ever.

message 47: by Jen (new)

Jen  | 5 comments Sabrina Fair wrote: "With One for the Money (not pr or uf) finally being made into a movie and True Blood being so successful, it made me think about what other paranormal/urban fantasy series that would best translate..."

I would like to see The Mortal Instruments or The Mercy Series turned into a movie / tv show.

message 48: by Jen (new)

Jen  | 5 comments Sabrina Fair wrote: "With One for the Money (not pr or uf) finally being made into a movie and True Blood being so successful, it made me think about what other paranormal/urban fantasy series that would best translate..."
Oh, how could I forget The Black Dagger Brotherhood! On Showtime or HBO, so we could get the full effect!

message 49: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments the rights for Mortal Instruments have been sold, but I haven't heard anything beyond that.

message 50: by Robin (new)

Robin Stacia wrote: "Pansy wrote: "I have not read Outlander. I will look it up."

Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon
It's not PNR, but I found out about it because it was falsely classified as PNR on another forum due to..."

hmm sounds interesting