Reading with Tequila Book Club discussion

Book/Movie Discussions > Vampire Academy: General Discussion *SPOILERS*

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jesicu) This is the place to discuss the book while revealing any spoilers you'd like to talk about.

If you'd like to discuss a specific topic relating to the book, please feel free to start a new thread. Remember to mark it as a SPOILER discussion.

message 2: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (kaitortot) | 18 comments Just finished this last night. I thought it was pretty good. I'm definitely interested in reading the next ones. At times, both Rose and Lissa could be quite annoying, but I suppose that makes them real. I had some things figured out and a few things surprised me. I'll put together more thoughts in a bit :) Can't wait to hear what everyone else thought!

TheGeekyBlogger I love this series and I am not even a huge fan of YA. The books get better as the series goes along and there is so much about the story that I love. I am going to have to refresh on where the first one ends so I don't give away other books spoilers.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Although I liked the story, it bugged me how much Rose was self-sacrificing for Lissa. I get the concept of being a guardian, but it bordered on strangely obsessive for me. I couldn't imagine walking around thinking about what my friend is up to ALL DAY LONG, no matter what my responsibilies to him/her are.

TheGeekyBlogger It gets better. In fact, oddly enough, book 1 was my least favorite in the series(though I still liked it). Rose is very much the center of the series not Lissa (though she is a big part) so it is interesting watching her come into her own :)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I would say at least 4 out of the 5 in my top 5 series all have weak first books, so this won't deter me from continuing.

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen (teamsheltie) | 9 comments I just finished the book. It was just ok for me. I didn't really have a strong opinion either way. I just couldn't really ever get attached to either Rose or Lissa. I was intrested in all of the guys (and not just for the hotness factor :-)) I felt they all had more interesting stories.
Having said that, I do want to continue reading it. I have heard it picks up. But I think I'll wait until the last book comes out so I can read them all together.

message 8: by Julie (new)

Julie Just bought the second book in this series--look forward to seeing how much it improves....

TheGeekyBlogger My favorites in the series have been books 2 and 4. I think 3 and 5 were good but just not up to the caliber 2 and 4 were. However, I am doing a major countdown to the final book---can't wait to see how it wraps up!