Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > 20 Year Anniversary of the Death of Steve Ray

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I was never a big fan, honestly, but my brother-in-law was, so I had to hear SRV all the time. The 20th year anniversary of his death, which took place in Wisconsin, not far from Jim, actually, is this week. Ignore the embarrassing "40 year" headline error in the article, if it's still there by the time you hit the link:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwauke...

message 2: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6017 comments I'm not much for epic twiddly guitar solos but if I have to hear one, he's the guy I'd want playing it.

RIP, Stevie.

message 3: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven)

message 4: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) I like blues music so yes I enjoy me some SRV. rip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWLw7n...

message 5: by Barb (new)

Barb RIP.

message 6: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i saw SRV in indy a few weeks before the alpine valley crash. it was a low-dough-carload concert at Deer Creek and for $20 a carload of people and parking was the deal. i was an SRV fanatic long before this and this was my first and only time seeing him play. the stray cats opened and at first i feared they would steal the show as they were terrific. then SRV came out and blew them away. i still watch DVD's of him playing and am amazed by his passionate playing. the concert had to end at midnight there due to a local sound ordinance. at 12 when they shut off the sound system he came back out and sat on the edge of the stage with an acoustic guitar and played another 40 minutes or so for the few that had stuck around. very cool. he played life by the drop that night. i love that song

message 7: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24075 comments Mod
Larry wrote: ""

Is that his grave?

message 8: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) No it's just a statue in Austin.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24075 comments Mod
He's casting such a long shadow I thought it might be an outline of his corpse. Unusual for public art...

message 10: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) [image error]

message 11: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) [image error]

message 12: by Félix (new)

message 13: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I was watching Weeds, Season 5 last night. Nancy Botwin named her baby Stevie Ray. I think between that and this thread getting started on the same day, it's a sign.

Sign would indicate Stevie Ray was awesome.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.