The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Rory Book Discussions > Anna Karenina (Parts 7-8)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arctic (new)

Arctic | 571 comments Please use this thread to discuss the last two parts of Anna Karenina. Also feel free to discuss your overall impressions of the novel.

message 2: by Clare (new)

Clare (clarepenelopeliggins) | 0 comments Hi everyone, I don't think I've commented here before but have been lurking for a couple of weeks.
Great forum!
So, did anyone get this far with Anna Karenina? I happen to be reading it at the moment and am on part 7.
I was looking through the discussions on parts 4, 5 and 6 when I was reading them and found them interesting to compare and develop my ideas of the book but was surprised to see no comments for the last 2 parts.
I've loved the book so far although I found the politics at the end of part 6/start of part 7 quite dull!
Pleased to meet you, Clare x

Gitte - Bookworm's Closet (gittetofte) | 77 comments I finished it in August. I really liked the first two thirds of the novel but started to lose interest towards the end. There were some rather long parts that I found very dull, but I think the main reason was that I found Anna so annoying that I almost stopped caring about her...

message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela | 5 comments Gitte wrote: "I finished it in August. I really liked the first two thirds of the novel but started to lose interest towards the end. There were some rather long parts that I found very dull, but I think the mai..."

I agree. I couldn't put it down at first, but about 2/3 of the way through it was more that I wanted to finish it than I was actually interested in what happened to the characters. I found Levin to be one of the most annoying and dull parts of the book. It was just pages and pages of longing for Kitty and talking about his farm.

I do think it's a great book overall though and would definitely recommend it. I hope to reread it eventually.