Christian Support Group :) discussion

general > We are a support group

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Breezy (new)

Breezy | 62 comments Hello... I think it is important that we all acknowledge the fact that we are supposed to be a support group. I was under the impression that by supporting each other we could gain strength from each other, not detract from it. Unfortunately, I find that at times people commenting here are tearing each other down. A debate can be conducted civilly by tow or more people of varying opinions without casting out insults at each other and disregarding one another altogether. I joined this site to discuss my faith with like minded people, not to have my thoughts torn down because they happen to be unpopular or do not correspond with somebody else's. If this behavior fails to stop, I will have no other recourse than to leave.

Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments Don't. Please.

Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments That's what happened to me, when Nathan joined.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 200 comments Breezy, don't leave! You're one of my favorite people in this group!

message 5: by Breezy (new)

Breezy | 62 comments Thank you, but once again, I came here to be supported, as did many others. And I have seen personal attacks being made. As Christians we are called to be in the world and not of the world. We are called to love each other as Christ loved us. And I thought that this group could exemplify those principles.
Thankfully, I have not been personally attacked, but I do not stand by silently when I see that others are. Still, I would prefer to have logical, respectful, articulate debates with people such as yourself, Rachel... instead of spending my time being frustrated with those who either cannot or choose not to do so.

Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments Now? Tomorrow? When?

message 8: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga lol