Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Archived: Threads, misc. > September Book of the Month #2

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (last edited Aug 26, 2010 08:50PM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner

Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner

Genre: chick lit

message 2: by Gigi, Moderator (new)

Gigi | 833 comments Yayyyy!!! I'm in!

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Gigi wrote: "Yayyyy!!! I'm in!"

Great! I've had this one for a while now, and I'm glad I'll finally get to read it.

message 4: by Gigi, Moderator (new)

Gigi | 833 comments Me too! Its sitting on the table next to my bed. Yayyy!

message 5: by Ѽ Cher Ѽ (last edited Aug 27, 2010 02:03PM) (new)

Ѽ Cher Ѽ  | 125 comments Yep! I'm in too! Just pick this one up at the local library .... audio book baby!!! he he he : ) Can't wait to start reading ...ah...listening! Love it!

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Cher wrote: "Yep! I'm in too! Just pick this one up at the local library .... audio book baby!!! he he he : ) Can't wait to start reading ...ah...listening! Love it!"

Good! I can't wait to start discussing this one.

message 7: by Ѽ Cher Ѽ (new)

Ѽ Cher Ѽ  | 125 comments Read completed 2 SEPT 10
Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments I'm sorry I haven't been able to start this one yet. I have some days off next week, so I hope to have it finished by then. :(

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Again, I'm sorry I didn't even get to start the discussion on this one yet. My days off from work turned in days to catch up on work :( I hope to be able to start reading this one tonight. I hear its pretty funny, and I'm in need of a good laugh :)

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Silly me, I actually started reading this one before work this morning. I'm loving it so far, and now I'm running late, aaaagh!

message 11: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments Michelle wrote: "Silly me, I actually started reading this one before work this morning. I'm loving it so far, and now I'm running late, aaaagh!"

LOL!

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments I finally finished reading this one. It was ok, I just think that it started better than it ended for me. I hopet hat makes sense. As time went on, I actually started to dislike Cannie. I mean, I could definitely understand where she was coming from with weight issues, but c'mon! I felt, that aside from her weight/ self-image issues, she had a pretty damn good life, and was actively choosing to choosing to be unhappy and focus on all the negative. Oh, and being overweight is not a license to be rude, ugh!

message 13: by Ѽ Cher Ѽ (last edited Sep 25, 2010 07:44PM) (new)

Ѽ Cher Ѽ  | 125 comments Yea!!!! Michelle .... you're finish!!
Gigi ... where you at?! lol

Here, here Michelle! Cannie was one rude bi'och! 4 real, 4 real! I don't think I ever felt sorry for her. I have met "BIG MOUTHS" like her before! Not nice!! The only thing I admire was her ability for quick snappy combacks! I usually think polite first then comebacks later ... lol.

When she confronted her ex in the parking lot, she was just so unreasonable. How about listening to the guy and what he has to say?! I think he was afraid of her bullying!

And I totally get what you mean by liking the read at the begining but not-so-much at the end! :)

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Cher wrote: "Yea!!!! Michelle .... you're finish!!

Here, here Michelle! Cannie was one rude bi'och! For real, 4 real! I don't think I ever felt sorry for her. I have met "BIG ..."

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!!! Ugh! During the parking lot scene when she confronted Bruce, I was thinking "maybe its just me, and she's not really being a biotch" I'm so glad I'm not the only one. And that "woe is me" stuff just got tiresome. If I were friends with Cannie, I'd have to give her whiny butt some tough love.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but were some of the good things that started happening to her just a little too to be true? Making friend BFF with a celeb overnight, really?!

message 15: by Ѽ Cher Ѽ (new)

Ѽ Cher Ѽ  | 125 comments LMAO! BFF with a celeb overnight? Really?! ... really?! not in my world. And having that celeb buy a new apartment for you. redecorating and all? Really?! lol. Of course this is fiction! LOL!

An she did'nt seem quite impress with the whole thing?! Just thinking about what she did'nt have! Yes, not to belittle high-risk pregancy/delivery or a premee hospitalize ( devistating!!) But things were so much good than bad for her. And in the end she still ended up with even more goodness, marrying the good old "doctor boy"! Gosh!

And you know, somehow I knew the doctor was falling for her! The luck!

message 16: by Gigi, Moderator (new)

Gigi | 833 comments Cher wrote: "Yea!!!! Michelle .... you're finish!!

Here, here Michelle! Cannie was one rude bi'och! 4 real, 4 real! I don't think I ever felt sorry for her. I have met "BIG MO..."

LOL!!! Ok, I started it and put it down. I'm going to try again tonight! LOL

message 17: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Cher wrote: "LMAO! BFF with a celeb overnight? Really?! ... really?! not in my world. And having that celeb buy a new apartment for you. redecorating and all? Really?! lol. Of course this is fiction! LOL!
..."

Oh I know right! And then the beach scene! Really?! Seriously?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

message 18: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Gigi wrote: "Cher wrote: "Yea!!!! Michelle .... you're finish!!

Here, here Michelle! Cannie was one rude bi'och! 4 real, 4 real! I don't think I ever felt sorry for her. I have m..."

Please do! You have to get in on this!

Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Good in Bed (other topics)