The FAYZ: The Gone Series discussion

Outside the FAYZ > For all the readers and writers out there

Comments Showing 1-50 of 59 (59 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Alicia (last edited Aug 26, 2010 02:36PM) (new)

Alicia (serialfangirl) | 10 comments If you love reading and writing you are going to love this new site.

http://litspot.get-board.net/

It's still a baby, made just over 24 hours ago, but it's a site with a lot of potential. Have discussions about your favorite books, post theories, or post a song you wrote or a short story. Not confident about your work? There's a critique section where you can post your work and receive worthy comments. Or just make some friends!

Come and join, no one is denied their creative right!

Also, join us on facebook !

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=l...

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Hahahah....cool :] I'll take a look

message 3: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe (phoebeandj) | 3438 comments As will I! :D

message 4: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (serialfangirl) | 10 comments Thanks guys, we only have like 13 remembers =/ And I'm suppose to be the Admin/promoter !

message 5: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe (phoebeandj) | 3438 comments Oh shit Rose, did you read the rules for that site though?

1. No discussion of any illegal activity or threats of violence. (ie. illicit drug use or exchange, threats of suicide or self-injury, or threatened or intended physical harm). Discussions of suicide or self-harm that are deemed negative and therefore potentially injurious to others are also not permitted.

3. No use of explicit, obscene or vulgar language or images and/or messages, including racist remarks.

That's... well, pretty much THIS forum -_-

message 6: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe (phoebeandj) | 3438 comments OH FUCK!

13. No irrelevant or off-topic posts. Posts which are not relevant to the forum topic may be deleted at the moderator's discretion. So please try and stay on-topic(:

^^^ Let's not forget that one... Damn, I might be banned from that site O_o

message 7: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (serialfangirl) | 10 comments The last one is isn't that bad. If you're talking about a book, don't start talking about sparta, that's that to the general forum where you can talk about whatever you like xDD

message 8: by Rex (last edited Aug 26, 2010 04:04PM) (new)

Rex  Meh. To many rules for me. No suicide, cussing, talk of violence est. I wouldn't be such a big deal if it were just a fan forum or something, but the fact that you'd be posting WRITING there....that's fucking stupid.

Good writing is suppose to be realistic. Realistic means like life. Life is tough and stark, violent and sad, happy and brilliant, full of pain and reward, emotion and action. It's not some watered down fake, family friendly crap.

....If they decide to grow up and cater to big kids, then I'd join.

(I was really excited too, before I found this.....Maybe I'll make my own community on livejournal....)

message 9: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe (phoebeandj) | 3438 comments Agent Six AKA Lady Mockingjay wrote: "Meh. To many rules for me. No suicide, cussing, talk of violence est. I wouldn't be such a big deal if it were just a fan forum or something, but the fact that you'd be posting WRITING there....tha..."

*sighs wistfully* You always know how to word my exact thoughts.

message 10: by Alicia (last edited Aug 26, 2010 04:10PM) (new)

Alicia (serialfangirl) | 10 comments I was going to make an R-rated section for more "mature" stories, but I was going to wait until we got more members, we just got started yesterday.

And the rules were more toward chat and stuff. I don't want "use of explicit, obscene or vulgar language or images and/or messages, including racist remarks. " In the chat. I'm sorry that was so unreasonable.

"....If they decide to grow up and cater to big kids, then I'd join."

How old are you like ten? Honestly, I'm what you'd consider a 'big kid' and I don't have to swear in every sentence. We just started yesterday and maybe if you were mature to talk to me calmly about what you'd like to see, I would take you a bit more seriously.

message 11: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe (phoebeandj) | 3438 comments Okay.... everyone just needs to stop now. Let's not be rude, yes?

Not everyone can see everything the same way, but everyone can say their opinions without ridicule or -ahem- rude comebacks -_- We all know Six is vocal about her opinions, but snapping back with little insults is rather immature and not okay for this group.

message 12: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (serialfangirl) | 10 comments I was not snapping back. I was explaining on what "six" should have done, rather than rudely vocalizing her opinions. No one was forcing "six" to join the site, I was just putting it out there.

But, I'll apologize, I realize that I am not a regular here, I joined months ago and never came back. So, I'm sorry.

message 13: by Rex (last edited Aug 26, 2010 05:21PM) (new)

Rex  Alicia wrote: "I was going to make an R-rated section for more "mature" stories, but I was going to wait until we got more members, we just got started yesterday.

And the rules were more toward chat and stuff. I..."

First off, sorry to come off as a bitch. I didn't even know you were the creator, I thought you were just throwing something interesting to the group. My comment wasn't even directed at you, I was just saying what was on my mind. We're really loose with our opinions here and most people know not to take everything said too seriously.

Second, I wasn't aware that the rules only applied to the chat. I thought you were saying that none of that stuff could be posted anywhere on the site, so my mistake.

I wasn't upset because I thought there was no cussing, as much as I was upset at the idea of a website dedicated to writing with that much censorship. If I'm gonna write--which isn't something I do half-assed--I'm not going to sugar coat how things are going for my characters and their feelings. Sometimes they'll be angry, violent, so sad they want to do awful things. I'm not going to water it down just so I don't offend others. Hence the reason I'm not joining.

Also, I'm seventeen.

message 14: by Alicia (last edited Aug 26, 2010 05:45PM) (new)

Alicia (serialfangirl) | 10 comments I understand your concern with censorship, I left a site and made my own because they tried to censor a lot of the writers there.

I have a co admin, and he's a bit reluctant with posting "questionable" stories (his exact words, by the way) in the general forum, so that's why I am pushing to have R and M rated stories have their own forum instead of being blocked off the site completely.

And I didn't think you came off as a bitch, not exactly. Just a little insensitive, I take great pride in my new site, it was all mine (kind of) and I was very proud of it, I have to admit, (no matter how sappy it sounds) I was a little hurt for some one to bash it so inconsiderately.

And, I'm sixteen. I kind of assumed you were one of those little thirteen year olds running around the internet,so I'll apologize about that too.

message 15: by Adam (new)

Adam  (adawg) | 339 comments awesome! i think i'll join!!!

message 16: by Rex (last edited Aug 26, 2010 05:58PM) (new)

Rex  It's fine. I really am sorry. I can understand you being sensitive, I'm actually the same way about my own creations. If I had know you were the creator I wouldn't have been so inconsiderate. It was just an off handed comment and I didn't think it would offend anyone.

It's kind of like how people bitch about how the president runs the government, but wouldn't say the stuff they say if he was in the room, cause they don't want to personally offend him. Heck, I didn't even consider that a single person had founded it, I was picturing some publishing company or something....

And don't worry about thinking I was a thirteen year old, I have that problem all the time.Though not all thirteen year old kids are bad, we have some awesome guys and girls right here on site that are real mature for their age. :)

message 17: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe (phoebeandj) | 3438 comments I want to apologize too... for... idk. I probably said something that came off as bitchy too :/ I sometimes get defensive when little arguments break out and I can be kind of mean.

And it is quite odd, how mature we all can be on this site, wouldn't you say, Sierra? Sometimes I feel like we are all much older than we really are... and most of the time more mature then half the adults in this freaking world.

message 18: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (serialfangirl) | 10 comments Apologizes accepted, just as I hope you accept mine. Also, I finally got my co admin to accept the idea of a Mature forum to put R or M rated work(: I hope you guys can check it out.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Alicia wrote: "I understand your concern with censorship, I left a site and made my own because they tried to censor a lot of the writers there.

I have a co admin, and he's a bit reluctant with posting "questio..."

*cough* -_-

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Kidding Alicia :)

But reading these posts, I was about ready to jump in and whoop some ass--but I'm glad you guys all got it sorted out. I'll have to think about joining, right now I feel bad because I haven't even been in this group too much recently, lots of stuff going on...

You have a right to be proud :) Just like my website I have (which I abandoned. *sigh*)

I agree with Fibi and Sierra/Six. I swear, you both take the words right from my brain. A+ for you little geese. :D

Aaand again, yeah, I agree we do all act more mature than we really are--but we're all really crazy and ditzy at the same time. Yes, I love my online friends. <3

message 21: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (serialfangirl) | 10 comments i go on a fansite for GONE, and we're like a family there, so i understand the love between online friens. And we're silly and all over there too, (I'm laughing right now just thinking about them) and some of them are way younger than me too, I'm talking 12 , 11 year olds.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I'm 13, and I'm one of the youngest here, but I'm not like some idiots who let their children go online and typ lkye dis all teh timeee and annoy people...you know?

But we all get along here really well, and for some odd reason we have this chemistry and connection--and it's probably because most of us in the group aren't like the people who like, racists/judgemental/morons etc...and we all share a passion of GONE and reading. NERDS UNITE!

message 23: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (serialfangirl) | 10 comments Bahh, i hate people who type like that, it annoys me to no end !

Sometimes its easier to make friends online because there is less discrimination and the first impression really is based on your personality, not how you look.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Dude, I so agree.
And the thing is....looks shouldn't matter. I mean, if you're really pretty on the inside, people are going to see you as pretty on the outside as well--Like Fibi, for instance. *wink*

See, we're all creeps here. :D

message 25: by Rex (new)

Rex  Man, it's nice to see the group waking back up a little. For about two weeks here things got quiet. Probably cause we're all officially in school now, correct?

It's a Friday, and god, I feel so great right now. I drove yesterday, helping relive some of the anxiety I have about learning, and it's really nice outside. Hot, but breezy.

Also, I just finished Mockingjay and feel satisfied with the ending. Like...the epilogue isn't what I expected, but it just work. Really fits with the entire series, ya know? I can't say anymore due to the "No Spoiler" agreement, but it was really good. More than that, it was great, freaking awesome actually. :)

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, everyone just in school and getting used to their new-school-year systems following with attending to some online time.

Nice! Have you gotten your drivers license yet? My s. sister, who is your age, has her and she picked me up today at school (30 minutes late...but ohh well.) and she's kind of a scary driver o_O

Hahah...I'm on Part 3! I freaking love it. A lot of people are saying they are disappointed with it because they don't go into the Games, and I can see why they make that point--but in CF, it was totally amazing, but I was hoping it'd be mixed up a bit, so that's why I'm loving Mockingjay so far, because there's so many other things going on in it that makes it so epic.

message 27: by Rex (new)

Rex  Not yet, I only have my permit....I'm a late bloomer. :)

That's what they're complaining about? Good god! How can they, the book so freaking action packed I'm having emotional-stress induced whiplash. If SC somehow fitted in the games I'd die of emotional overload. (I literally finished it ten minutes ago.)

If you liked Hunger Games, I urge you to read "The Underland Chronicles" by the same author. It's one of my favorite series, but it has a VASTLY different tone.

To start, it's protagonist is a much younger boy. Also it's set in an underground city below NYC, where Gregor (the main character) is suppose to be prophesied character to end the local inhabitant's war.

But don't let that full you, it'll tug on your heartstrings just as hard as HG. Though there's significantly less romance, though there is some. :)

It's a bit like the Harry Potter series. It starts off with only a mild dark edge, but get progressively heavier.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Aww, well good luck! :)

Oooh, yes. I've read the first one, and half of the second one. (Up until I moved and had to return it to my school library as it was a loaner.)

I really liked it :) The way SC writes amazes me...I've read THG and CF over and over and over and over and always cry or get teary when it comes to little Rue, and how you literally can see every single thing the characters do and FEEL what they feel. The same goes for Libba Bray...*rapes Kartik*

message 29: by Adam (new)

Adam  (adawg) | 339 comments TEEHEE!!! i musta missed alot bcz i read the first post, commented, and everyones apologizing and it was like wth did i miss?!? lol.......but i think im the youngest person in the group who comments daily. im only 12...teehee im a sevey

Dan Dan Dan DAN Dan Dan Dan. (dan_nlolz) Agent Six wrote: "Not yet, I only have my permit....I'm a late bloomer. :)

That's what they're complaining about? Good god! How can they, the book so freaking action packed I'm having emotional-stress induced whipl..."

when you get it, you will drive around america and pick up rose and fibi. pretend you're a *cough* responsible adult.

message 31: by Rex (new)

Rex  Hehe. Will do.

message 32: by Lunabell (new)

Lunabell  (lunabell) | 2327 comments Or just kidnap them.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Kidnapping works.
I support that.
Though...I suppose it's not kidnapping if I CHOOSE to go..

message 34: by Lunabell (new)

Lunabell  (lunabell) | 2327 comments Well, the official story can be of a kidnapping.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Gotcha.

message 36: by Lunabell (new)

Lunabell  (lunabell) | 2327 comments Yup.

message 37: by Rex (new)

Rex  Until you're eighteen...or until we get caught. Cause I ain't going to jail...=.=

message 38: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe (phoebeandj) | 3438 comments Haha yeah, one day I'll tell my Mom "Bye Mom! going to meet my 'VIRTUAL' friends!" *speeds away in the getaway car, Sierra, Rose and I (and whoever else we pick up) cackling as we BURN OUT*

Hehehehe

message 39: by Rex (new)

Rex  ...Then I'd flip your mother off...lol.

message 40: by Lunabell (new)

Lunabell  (lunabell) | 2327 comments And then I'd run up behind screaming "WAIT FOR MMEEEEEEE" after I left to go do something and you guys forgot about me >.<

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Then I'd yank on Sierra's hair until she stopped the car and waited for Luna to catch up ;)

message 42: by Lunabell (new)

Lunabell  (lunabell) | 2327 comments Yay.

message 43: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe (phoebeandj) | 3438 comments Then I'd blow my crappy house a kiss and make out with everyone as we sped down the main road to the highway.

message 44: by Lunabell (new)

Lunabell  (lunabell) | 2327 comments Then I'd show you all that its a limo with a hole in the roof that we'd all stand it and wave high to everyone.

message 45: by Grace (new)

Grace | 637 comments Then I'd say that someone told me that was illegal, but no one would care

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Then I would stick a condom on my head and wear it like a hat while raping the closest person to her.

message 47: by Rex (new)

Rex  .......That....that sentence....just...o.O

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

*halo appears above head*

message 49: by Lunabell (new)

Lunabell  (lunabell) | 2327 comments Woah.
That was possibly the most indescribable sentence I have ever read.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

You know you love it...

« previous 1