Graywolf Press discussion

Oct: Graywolf Press Book Club > Submit your suggestions for October's book club!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marisa, Moderator (new)

Marisa Atkinson (totesmarisa) | 244 comments Mod
Hi everyone,

Submit your suggestions for October's Graywolf Press Book Club selection here. I'll take suggestions until Friday, September 10th. At that point, all suggestions will be added to a group poll and group members will be able to vote on their favorites until Friday, October 1st.

All Graywolf books that will be published by October 1st are eligible! Check out the group's bookshelf if you need help narrowing down your favorites.

message 2: by Natasha (new)

Natasha (vasilly) Marisa, are we any closer to having a book to discuss for next month?

message 3: by Marisa, Moderator (new)

Hi Natasha! As you can see, we have no suggestions as of yet. If that remains the case we may have to postpone the next book club selection to November.

message 4: by Natasha (new)

Natasha (vasilly) Marisa wrote: "Hi Natasha! As you can see, we have no suggestions as of yet. If that remains the case we may have to postpone the next book club selection to November."

What about Notes from No Man's Land: American Essays by Eula Biss, or I Am Not Sidney Poitier: A Novel by Percival Everett, or The Delicacy and Strength of Lace: Letters Between Leslie Marmon Silko and James Wright?

message 5: by Marisa, Moderator (last edited Sep 25, 2010 04:54PM) (new)

All excellent suggestions! I'll add them to the poll...

(Except, unfortunately, for I Am Not Sidney Poitier, which we already read for book club. Even though I'd love to read it again!)

(Also, I'm not sure where you live, but Eula Biss, Stephen Burt, and Marlon James will all be reading together in Minneapolis on November 3rd!)

message 6: by Natasha (new)

Natasha (vasilly) Marisa wrote: "All excellent suggestions! I'll add them to the poll...

(Except, unfortunately, for I Am Not Sidney Poitier, which we already read for book club. Even though I'd love to read it aga..."

Aww. I'm in CA so I won't be able to go. ;-)

message 7: by Marisa, Moderator (new)

Well we have a TON of events coming up in California. Have you checked the groups event listings lately? We just added a bunch of new events. Hope you can make it out to one!

message 8: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (iandssmom) | 8 comments I would like the Adderall Diaries or I Curse the River of Time -both I plan on reading anyway! :)