San Diego Bibliophiles discussion

Welcome all!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Stafford (bardsfingertips) | 5 comments Mod
Please, feel free to introduce yourself. My name is Daniel and I reside in the SDSU area. I have the privilege of having three really cool places to read and drink: Cutter's Point, The Living Room, and the Egyptian Tea Room. If you has asthma, I would not suggest the last one: they smoke the hookahs there.

message 2: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (suzecate) | 2 comments I originally met Daniel years ago on LibraryThing.com. He doesn't bite. :)

I'm Suzanne, and I'm a 30-something single mom (to an almost 6-year-old girly girl) living in Mira Mesa, a block and a half from Barnes & Noble. There is little good coffee or tea to be had - MM is strip mall hell. My most-frequented bookstore is Book Works in Del Mar, followed by Mysterious Galaxy in Clairemont Mesa. I also make it to Upstart Crow downtown monthly, but mostly for the San Diego Shakespeare Society readings.

I used to read a few hundred books a year, but I've hardly read anything not required in 2010 (let's just say it's been an unusually bad year for me). I hope to get into more of a routine this fall so I can feel like I'm not living in utter chaos and so can have more tranquility to read.

message 3: by Martin (new)

Martin Hill (martinroyhill) | 3 comments My name is Martin Roy Hill, long-time San Diego resident, former journalist, and the author of two book with a third on the way.

Cheers!

The Killing Depths by Martin Roy Hill Duty Suspense and Mystery Stories from the Cold War and Beyond by Martin Roy Hill Martin Roy Hill