100+ Books in 2021 discussion

2010 Lists > Melissa's List

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa T (melissasmidnightmusings) I'm not sure I'll be able to read 100 books by the end of the year as I meant to begin in January but had a lot of things come up that kept me from reading. Also, I have a soft spot for novels of some TV shows and YAL, so they might frequent my lists but I'm open to all types of books. Only seriously started reading again at the end of May. Here's what I've read since then:

1. The Fourth Hand
2.Charmed: Dark Vengeance
3.Charmed: The Power of Three
4.I'll Scream Later
5.The Hour I First Believed
6.The Warren Witches
7.Songs of the Humpback Whale
8.My Sister's Keeper
9.Charmed Again
10.Degrees of Nakedness
11.Charmed: A Tale of Two Pipers
12.Vanishing Acts

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa T (melissasmidnightmusings) 13. Mercy

message 3: by Melissa (new)

message 5: by Melissa (last edited Sep 04, 2010 04:08PM) (new)

Melissa T (melissasmidnightmusings) 16.Handle with Care
This was well written, and the ending had me rethinking everything that went on in the novel. As a person with a disability the issue of a wrongful birth lawsuit and the implications that follow from that were very interesting to contemplate when seeing both sides through the characters points of view.

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa T (melissasmidnightmusings) 17. Waiter Rant Thanks for the Tip-Confessions of a Cynical Waiter by Steve Dublanica

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa T (melissasmidnightmusings) 18. If You Want to Write: A Book about Art, Independence and Spirit

Really good tips on how to jumpstart writing and keep at it, but I thought it was somewhat repetitive.

message 9: by Melissa (new)

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa T (melissasmidnightmusings) 21.My Name Is Memory
Absolutely captivating, I loved this book.

message 11: by Melissa (new)

Melissa T (melissasmidnightmusings) 22. The Year of Pleasures by Elizabeth Berg

message 12: by Melissa (new)

Melissa T (melissasmidnightmusings) 23. Little Bee by Chris Cleave

Finished on 10-14. This was a unique look at refugees, very clearly written and well put together without being terribly overdone and cliche.

message 13: by Melissa (new)

Melissa T (melissasmidnightmusings) 24. The 158-Pound Marriage
A little too bland and subtle for me to really delve into the story.

message 14: by Melissa (new)

Melissa T (melissasmidnightmusings) 25. 11 Birthdays by Wendy Mass

A quarter of the way there! I know that I'll never make it by the end of the year and I'll just be starting over in 2011, but I'm pleased with myself to have made it as far as I have. This book was a really nice read, I just finished it about ten minutes before posting it, I read it all in one sitting.

message 15: by Melissa (new)

Melissa T (melissasmidnightmusings) 26. I'm Looking Through You: Growing Up Haunted: A Memoir
This was very intriguing. spooky and insightful.

message 16: by Melissa (new)

Melissa T (melissasmidnightmusings) 27.999: New Stories of Horror and Suspense
It took me a long time to get through this book. I didn't like it too much as some of the stories were really predictable.

message 17: by Melissa (new)

Melissa T (melissasmidnightmusings) 28 The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell
Powered through this and really enjoyed it.

message 18: by Melissa (new)

Melissa T (melissasmidnightmusings) 29. You Don't Know Me
This was interesting, and I kept reading it to see how it would end, but overall I found it a bit disappointing.

message 19: by Melissa (new)

Melissa T (melissasmidnightmusings) 30. The 19th Wife[author:David Ebershoff|49229

My review for this is on my page, I personally only thought it was ok.

message 20: by Melissa (new)

Melissa T (melissasmidnightmusings) 31 Sprout by Dale Peck
Thought I would get more out of this than I did. This may have been my own fault with some overthinking of the narrators "secret" which I stilll haven't figured out.

message 21: by Melissa (new)

Melissa T (melissasmidnightmusings) Well 2010 is over in a matter of hours and I only read 31 books. That's more than last year though, and I'm in the middle of two books right now so I'll be starting over with a good start once I finish those. Lets see if I can do this in 2011! Guess it's time to make a new list.