TWILIGHT HATERS discussion

Randomness > Mars Candy Kills

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Keyanah (new)

Keyanah (drizzleherb-peacelover) Before you stock up on candy this Halloween, you
should know that candymaker Mars funds deadly
animal experiments even though not one of the
tests is required by law, there are more reliable
human studies and Hershey’s, the company’s top
competitor, has banned all tests on animals.

Mars has funded cruel experiments in which mice
were fed a candy ingredient and forced to swim
in a pool of diluted paint. The mice had to find a
hidden platform to avoid drowning, only to be
killed and dissected later.

In another experiment funded by Mars, experimenters fed rats cocoa and
then collected their blood by injecting a needle
directly into their hearts—a procedure that can
lead to internal bleeding and other deadly
complications.

Mars also supported an experiment
in which baby mice were crammed into small
Plexiglas chambers and submerged for nearly five
hours in chilled water just to see if a chocolate
ingredient affected their breathing rate.

Please don’t buy any of these Mars products
until the company drops its deadly animal tests:
• M&M’S
• SNICKERS
• SKITTLES
• MILKY WAY
• STARBURST
• THREE MUSKETEERS
• TWIX
• DOVE
• M-AZING
• COCOAVIA
• ETHEL M
• LUCAS
• MUNCH

I believe in this to much to let it be unknown. I have stopped eating those candies and I will not eat them until they do something about it. We CAN make a change and i think we should start now.

to get this known...start a conversation in all of ur goodreads groups stating this. join other groups to get this known. Do whatever u can to stop this awful killing! Make a change.

message 2: by Kataury (new)

Kataury *GASP* This post is everywhere!!!

message 3: by Keyanah (new)

Keyanah (drizzleherb-peacelover) YAY!!!!!!!

message 4: by Kataury (new)

Kataury I saw it at let's write stories and and random stuff and so many others!!

message 5: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) I don't want to be rude, but I seriously doubt that that's true. What good does the animal test do? Nothing. It doesn't prove anything. Why waste the money to do those tests? You wouldn't. I'm guessing it's just a rumor started by someone that has too much free-time on their hands or has a bone to pick with the Mars Candy company. But, whatev.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree with Mallory. Why would people waste money on unnecessary testes. And I really hope thats not true because I love half those candy bars on that list. Plus I'm a animal loveer and I just might have to protest againist these test no matter how much I love those candies.

message 7: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) Woah. I'm confused. You agree with me, but you're going to protest against the tests that you don't think exist because you love the candy bars and don't want to give them up? 0_o

message 8: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) Wait...which one of us? Me?!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Mallory, what I meant was that IF it was real than I would protest. But I agree that I don't believe that its not real.

message 10: by Kataury (new)

Kataury It's probably supported by Peta. They're sick. Besides, rodents have at least 300 babies like what? every day? We have enough vermin in the world

message 11: by Casey (new)

Casey | 2 comments I don't think that's what they are doing.. I think they are saying that those tests just seem so... unnecessary and outlandish that it's hard to believe. Besides there aren't any links to any proof- it's almost as ridiculous as that false rummer of 'bonzi-cats'

message 12: by Kataury (new)

Kataury huh?

message 13: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) She's relating this to another rumor that was fake.

message 14: by Kataury (new)

Kataury oh.

message 15: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) Uh-huh. Look at me! I got that after reading it only TWICE! I'm speeding up! *victory dance*

message 16: by Kataury (new)

Kataury haha! :D

message 17: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) You laugh now, but wait until I'm super speedy! I'll be even faster then you!!! MWUAHAHAHAHAHA!

message 18: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) Oh. Man. I was wrong. Oh well...:)

It's really, really hot here (in Vegas). I went to the outlet malls today and got the prettiest necklace and awesomest wristband ;). But, pretty much, I have a bunch of free time to myself, which is totally great :)

message 19: by Kataury (new)

Kataury haha! :D

message 20: by Kataury (new)

Kataury haha!

message 21: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) Oh, couldn't agree more :) Of course, I don't have super rich grandparents, but they do have reunions. And I'm going to die because of it. I hate my cousins too...

message 22: by Kataury (new)

Kataury haha! That makes me laugh harder!

message 23: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryrose17) Only because you know exactly what I'm talking about.

message 24: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Of course!

message 25: by Sarah jean (new)

Sarah jean  blank (Sarahjean) | 69 comments wow this confusing conversation! yay- thats probably not true- and if it was i dont think id be able to pull my self away from 3 musketers or skittles!

also- its not on there site- and animal testing is required to be on there site...