Kenyons Minions discussion

What age is right to read Chronicles of Nick?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teryl (new)

Teryl Would you let a 12 yr old boy read Infinity?

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) But of course :). It's a YA series with zero sex, zero profanity and an amazing story.

message 3: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments Bless him if he can keep up and understand all that's going on. I'm still confused by several things and I'm waiting for friend to read it so we can discuss it and hopefully clear up some things.

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) Cindyg wrote: "Bless him if he can keep up and understand all that's going on. I'm still confused by several things and I'm waiting for friend to read it so we can discuss it and hopefully clear up some things."

Oh. Hm. Well, I didn't really think of the "confusion" factor, since there was nothing that was up in the air for me while reading the story. But everyone's different :).

I know there are some intended unanswered questions, which I'm fairly certain is what Sherri wanted.

Is there anything I might be able to help you with, Cindyg? Any question you have off top that I -might- be able to answer? My memory is sometimes iffy, but there's a 50/50 chance I can help, LOL.

message 5: by Teryl (new)

Teryl Thanks ladies, I will be letting him listen to it. He is at that in between age, where as a parent you have to start letting go some, lol

message 6: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments Thanks for the offer...Acheron's Akra...I'll have to refresh my memory as well; I've been so much that sometimes it takes a little prompting for me to remember everything. I'll get back with you.

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) No problem Teryl! Glad to help :).

LOL Awesome, Cindyg - just message me, or grab my attention in a thread whenever you remember questions/confusions you had with Infinity. I'm happy to help :).

message 8: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments Thanks

message 9: by Teryl (new)

Teryl He ended up listening to it and totally loved it...woo hoo! He can't wait for the next book to come out in February.

message 10: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) Awesome!!! I'm so glad that he liked the book! No doubt Invincible will be just as amazing! :)

message 11: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Teryl wrote: "Would you let a 12 yr old boy read Infinity?"

The one thing I would caution you about is that the books take place between Nick's ages of 14 - 24. And as Nick matures, so does the content. So while the first few may be safe, you might want to read all of them first and then decide if that particular one is appropriate.

It is kind of an interesting concept for a series; to have the maturity level rapidly increase as the books go on. Usually, a series sticks to one maturity level.

By the last book in the CoN, it will be set right before Night Pleasures, so the maturity will be up there.