Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Robert Heinlein's Revolt in 2100 1st UK edition.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andy (last edited Aug 25, 2010 03:49PM) (new)

Andy (argon0) | 11 comments As far as I can work out I have a first UK paperback edition (abridged) of this book, published by DIGIT. But I can't find any way of satisfactorily adding it to GoodReads atm.

I don't have it to hand but recorded the details a few years ago into a home built database.

In the ISBN field I have recorded D.235, the whole record (formatted for import to goodreads) looks like this:
REVOLT IN 2100 HEINLEIN, ROBERT A. D.235 DIGIT PaperBack 1953 1953 1/1/94 from_andylib Science_Fiction YOP1953 YED1953 FIRST UK EDITION. ABRIDGED FROM AMERICAN (SIGNET) EDITION.

YOP1953 = Year Originally Published YED1953= Year of this edition...

Any body offer any help?

Argon0

message 2: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments It looks like that edition hasn't been added to the catalog yet, so you'll need to manually enter its information (clicking on "add a new edition" from the list of editions of this book is the easiest way to get to the page for adding a new book record; there's also a link from search results page, in case you have a book where no editions at all are in the catalog), save the book record, and combine it with the other editions of this book. You might wind up doing this with a lot of older books, I'm afraid, if you've hit on a niche where nobody else had manually added their own collections of older books yet.

If there's anything unclear about the fields, there's pretty thorough coverage in the librarian manual, although it hasn't been updated yet for the brand new series field.