Gorgeous Guys, Beautiful Books, and Occasional Vampires discussion

Books (Swaps/ebooks) > eBooks - Do You Read 'Em?

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) The title says it all. Do you read eBooks on your computer or electronic device, be it a Kindle, iPod, or something else? Or do you prefer to read from a real book?

message 2: by techno (new)

techno (cyborg) | 80 comments um.. nope I haven't actually used any of that before ^_^

message 3: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Really? Why not?

message 4: by techno (new)

techno (cyborg) | 80 comments because I never knew where to look and try not to get any viruses from the AP the device comes in ^_^

message 5: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Oh okay, that makes a lot of sense!

message 6: by techno (new)

techno (cyborg) | 80 comments ya all them down loads have risks even my favorite watch movies on line website some how got hacked and now thngz are te same nothing workin right and I wanna see them new moviez -_-

message 7: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) That's true, but there's always protections to keep your computer safe. Just gotta make sure they're working properly :). That totally sucks, I hate when accounts get hacked.

message 8: by techno (new)

techno (cyborg) | 80 comments same my face book got hacked twice but I hacked them back so now itz all good ^_^

message 9: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) oh, eesh, that totally sucks. my hotmail got hacked and i never got it back :( so i made a new one lol

message 10: by techno (new)

techno (cyborg) | 80 comments ya I got to yahooz though

message 11: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Oh, I see

message 12: by techno (new)

techno (cyborg) | 80 comments ya so you are 20 years of age Miss. Mackenzie

message 13: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) nope, 16 :). what about you?

message 14: by techno (new)

techno (cyborg) | 80 comments wow same next month on the 21 I know 1 of yall is 20 though

message 15: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Oh really? That's cool, I'm 17 in November :D. Idk who is 20 though.. there's a lot of members. :/

message 16: by techno (new)

techno (cyborg) | 80 comments I think it was your other friend who commented earlier ^_^

message 17: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Um, maybe Lexa? On the other thread?

message 18: by techno (new)

techno (cyborg) | 80 comments ya by the way I am Mark is Mackenzie your real name ?

message 19: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Yea, it is. :)

message 20: by techno (new)

techno (cyborg) | 80 comments woooow itz a pretty name I know only 1 other person with that name my sistaz friendz sisterthat sister not a friend but the mackenzie sister is

message 21: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Thanks. Oh that's cool. The only other person I know with the name Mackenzie, is a guy lol.

message 22: by techno (new)

techno (cyborg) | 80 comments wow actually I knew a guy 2 with that name but he was about 9-11 he went to my church

message 23: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) oh really? lol. that's interesting :P

message 24: by techno (new)

techno (cyborg) | 80 comments ya me = christian u =?

message 25: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) christian, well protestant.

message 26: by techno (new)

techno (cyborg) | 80 comments sorry but i dun forgot that religion meanig sorry i got so many friends with different religions from pagans to athiest to christian to baptis to catholic and mormon and ect...

message 27: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) lol it's cool.

message 28: by techno (new)

techno (cyborg) | 80 comments so whats it about ^^ no offince ^^

message 29: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) um, well like the catholic religion is pretty religious and strict so back in like the 1400-1600s, british people wanted to change things so their religion would be less strict and stuff, so the protestant religion was created. i dunno how else to explain it lol

message 30: by techno (new)

techno (cyborg) | 80 comments cool so do you believe in ever after ^_^?

message 31: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) ever after meaning what exactly?

message 32: by techno (new)

techno (cyborg) | 80 comments like after death u bleave u go some where else

message 33: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) hmm. yea, i think so. do you?

message 34: by techno (new)

techno (cyborg) | 80 comments ya aheaven and hell thing kinda confusing but still pretty much real

message 35: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments How did we get from ebooks to the after life? ;D
I don't bother thinking about what happens after I die or about whether there's a God or not.

I read ebooks because they're cheaper and if I like the story then I'll buy it in paper format. I usually read it as PDF on my computer.

message 36: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) lol, I'm not quite sure how we got onto the afterlife, just got carried away chatting I suppose.

yea, I like the idea of ebooks. The only thing is, I hate reading them on the computer or on my itouch. I'm thinking that I may want to get a device to read them on, like a kindle or a nook. do you have an ereader?

message 37: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments No I don't, ereaders are too expensive but I really want one. I read ebooks on my laptop and I know you're suppose to be able to cart your laptops around, but not for reading ebooks cuz they're still too big!

message 38: by Mackenzie (last edited Aug 26, 2010 12:49PM) (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) LOL, yea I can just imagine how difficult that would be. That's what I don't like about reading ebooks, I don't like reading them off the computer screen, I'd rather have it in my hands and well, mobile. But with my iTouch, I find the screen is too small and I have to keep moving the page around so I can read the entire sentence.

message 39: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments Yeah I hate that, its really distracting and you can't focus on the story. I still think real book are better than ebooks.

message 40: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Definitely.

message 41: by S.M. (new)

S.M. Reine (smreine) | 6 comments I used to think I would never get into ebooks, but I got my Kindle almost three years ago now, and I've never turned back! Now if I try to read a paperback, it just feels weird. I love how convenient it is to carry around a hundred books in my little ereader. :)

message 42: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) I know what you mean. I have an ereader, but i still prefer real books!

Gorgeous Guys, Beautiful Books, and Occasional...

unread topics | mark unread