Shannon Hale Fan Club discussion

LRRH

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauraeleanor) What happened to it? Anyone know?

message 2: by Diana (new)

Diana What happened to what???

message 3: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 117 comments Little Red Reading Hood

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauraeleanor) do you know? (By the way, I'm Felicity. I just changed my account to my real name). I'm curious why the site doesn't work anymore.

message 5: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 117 comments No clue :(

message 6: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 187 comments I Know it is because it got out of control so the people in charge took it down. We were talking about this in the Brandon Mull group too.

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauraeleanor) I know Laura Middleton (Little Red) ran it for a while. I used to be a big poster (my name was Felicity). I wanted to drop by for a visit, and was so sad it was gone.

message 8: by Enna Isilee (new)

Enna Isilee (enna_isilee) | 16 comments Yes. Laura took it down because rather than being a place to talk about books, it became a place for people just to talk. She didn't want to have the responsibility of moderating idle chatter, so she took down the board.

She and I have been discussing different ways to bring the site back. We haven't had any success yet, but we're thinking about it.

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauraeleanor) Thanks Enna Isilee. That's really too bad.

message 10: by secretly bayern (new)

secretly bayern | 8 comments ive never read lrrh should i add it to my list

message 11: by Enna Isilee (new)

Enna Isilee (enna_isilee) | 16 comments It isn't a book. It's a website.

message 12: by secretly bayern (new)

secretly bayern | 8 comments oh wow i feel stupid i guess i was thinking of repunzels revenge

message 13: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Laura wrote: "What happened to it? Anyone know?"

I know! I am a member of it. Anilee and Seri-chan (Ennagirl712) Started a new forum for it because Little Red took it down. She doesn't have time for it anymore but it is up with a new url. It is: www.lrrh.freeforums.org

message 14: by anilee (new)

anilee (anileesghost) | 4 comments Hi, Ennalee and Fee. (Will you guys even see this? I hope....)

I think what happened was that the new LRRHers weren't the old LRRHers. The old LRRHers kind of moderated themselves within these possibly unspoken expectations. But the old LRRHers drifted away, and they were replaced by younger girls who used the site differently. And there was almost no balance, so it did spiral uncontrollably away from what the site once was.

So I don't know if there is a solution because you can't change people or easily control their conversation without seeming like a dictator or a spoilsport, especially if you don't immediately say something, you know?

My thoughts, anyway. (And don't look at me like that, Way-chan. I'm speaking as emotionlessly and logically as I can. Android sheep, remember?)

Ennalee, if you see Little Red or whatever, could you tell her that I said hi and that I hope you guys can figure something out?

Peace,
anilee

message 15: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 346 comments Mod
Way-chan wrote: "Laura wrote: "What happened to it? Anyone know?"

I know! I am a member of it. Anilee and Seri-chan (Ennagirl712) Started a new forum for it because Little Red took it down. She doesn't have time f..."

okay, i've joined (and prob won't be on there much), but im Queen Isi-Rae. just something that works. lolz

message 16: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauraeleanor) (Yes, I do see your message. Sorry it took me a while to reply.) I do remember us old LRRHers. Boy have things changed since then. We did moderate ourselves pretty well - I remember only a few closed threads, about politics, I believe. I miss the old days.

How was the new conversation different?

message 17: by Lucy (last edited Oct 27, 2010 02:19PM) (new)

Lucy (lucygraceshirley) | 19 comments It was very random. We did start talking more about politics and religion. But although the old LRRH is gone, a new one has replaced it. This is almost like the third phase of LRRH. And yeah, it has lost a lot of its richness, but I think with everyone's help we can bring that back. That's why everyone at LRRH would love it if new people joined! It makes me sad to think of the old LRRH disappearing forever . . .

message 18: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Rinna really does have a point. I know that when the old LRRH was still up I would just read the old threads for hours. I still wish that I had found out about it earlier. But yes, it just isn't the same.

(And don't look at me like that, Way-chan. I'm speaking as emotionlessly and logically as I can. Android sheep, remember?)

What makes you think I would at you for that, Anilee? Truthfully, I agree.

message 19: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauraeleanor) I wish the old LRRH was still up read-only. Sometimes I would reread old threads because it brought back nostalgia of 8th grade/ freshman year.

message 20: by anilee (new)

anilee (anileesghost) | 4 comments I wish I could go back and read the "Josh Groban!" thread...

How did conversation specifically change? I think that the conversation drifted more towards discussions of some members' real, daily lives. It wasn't as much of a fan forum. I won't go into details here, though, but basically? The people changed, so the conversation topics and tones changed.

message 21: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Enna Isilee (Squeaky Books) wrote: "Yes. Laura took it down because rather than being a place to talk about books, it became a place for people just to talk. She didn't want to have the responsibility of moderating idle chatter, so s..."

I hope that you can work something out. I would love it if Little Red Reading Hood came up again. And, truthfully, I wouldn't mind if it became less of a chat place. It would be great if we just discussed Shannon Hale's books and other books that we love.

message 22: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (lucygraceshirley) | 19 comments I agree. Maybe LRRH could be a place for chat, and Little Red Reading Hood could be a place for Shannon Hale. It seems like it might work . . . I hope.

message 23: by Enna Isilee (new)

Enna Isilee (enna_isilee) | 16 comments I'm confused. What's the difference?

message 24: by Ingrid (last edited Nov 29, 2010 12:58PM) (new)

Ingrid Well, Little Red Reading Hood (LRRH) Was the original, made by Laura. And then that went down and LRRH was also created. They are kind of the same thing except one is more of a chat room and the other one is the original. I think Rinna is trying to say that it would be nice if we could restore the original Little Red Reading Hood to its former glory and then leave the latter one, the one that was made as a replacement, to be a chat room for the ones who like to chat. I think.

message 25: by Enna Isilee (new)

Enna Isilee (enna_isilee) | 16 comments Ah, I see. A good idea, but I doubt it would work. I really don't think we'd have enough "Shannon" stuff to talk about. Eventually we would regress into chatting or just abandon the site.

I know that sounds really pessimistic. Sorry.