Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Archive (BOTM) > SEPTEMBER ~ Linger

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (last edited Sep 27, 2010 02:56PM) (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4468 comments Mod
Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater
This is the place to gather to talk about the September group read Linger.

How are you finding it? What do you like (or not)so far? Is the heroine kick ass? Got a great Alpha male? (sample Q's to get you thinking! I've not read this so they may not all be relevant!)

If you've already read the book feel free to jump in too!!

Please be respectful of spoilers - do a warning if you are posting one!

Remember this is a second book in a series when posting spoilers etc!

message 2: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Wolf (vanessawolf) | 2 comments I loved this book alot, but at the same time I hated it. At the beginning of the book you expect it to be perfect. This is not the case in this book but then again which book is perfect? None, is the answer.
The thing I love about this book is the new character Cole. He is full of depth and life and his relationship with Isabel greatly offests the problems within Sam and Grace's.
I can't wait till the next book but won't come out until 2011(which is why I hate publishing companies).

message 3: by Andi (new)

Andi | 74 comments Marie wrote: "I loved this book alot, but at the same time I hated it. At the beginning of the book you expect it to be perfect. This is not the case in this book but then again which book is perfect? None, is t..."

I liked Cole too and liked the strange relationship between him and Isabel. I didn't hate the book, but didn't like it either. I was disappointed because I enjoyed Shiver and expected Linger to be as good or better. I just don't think much happened in the book. I just kept waiting for something really exciting to happen. I will read Forever when it's released, I hope it will be better than this.

What did you think to the constant change of narrator?

message 4: by Schelle (new)

Schelle | 46 comments I must admit I wasn't too keen on this book - but then I'm not so big into YA either so that may explain some of it. I just felt the characters were lacking and I like strong characters. Mind you I wasn't huge on Shiver either, but I'm willing to give anything a go so thought I'd read on.

Funny change of narrator didn't bother me too much, but that may contribute to me not feeling like I'm part of the characters.

Wicked ♥  (Wickedly Bookish Reviews) aka Bat-Jess | 62 comments Just started this and so far I really like it. I am a big fan of YA fiction. This series is one of the better ones out there. I really like the new character Cole so far and his fallen rock star persona. Can't wait to see what happens!

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ i liked this book but not as much as Shiver. It did measure up to it being what it is ~ a middle book. I wouldve liked to see more romance between Sam & Grace though and i did really enjoy Cole!

message 7: by Chell (new)

Chell (shelliemac) I love YA books, mayebe trying to recapture my youth LOL.
I read Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater about month ago, i thought it was great although not quite as good as Shiver which is one of my top books. The change of narator did not bother me and i enjoyed the introduction of Cole and his relationship with Isabel, she is a great character. Left with the ending i just have to read Forever to see what becomes of Sam and Grace.

message 8: by Bianca (new)

Bianca | 117 comments I still have to start this, I really loved Shiver, but Im not too keen on e-books lately (love the smell of paper too much!!) and seeing as I have the e-book version of this I just cant seem to get myself to get going.

Wicked ♥  (Wickedly Bookish Reviews) aka Bat-Jess | 62 comments Just finished this and i loved it. I will be reading Forever when it comes out to see what happens with Grace and Sam. The writing is great and the book concludes so well! I love Cole and hope to see more of him in the next book.

message 10: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) I read this a month or so ago and LOVED it!! I really really like this series! I'm with Michelle, love the YA as I think i'm trying to recapture my youth! They just bring back fond memories of first loves etc... Can't wait for the 3rd and final book! I also really enjoyed the different narrations, kept it a little more interesting in my opinion. I wasn't so sure about Cole at first, but he definitely grew on me.

message 11: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (frencett) | 16 comments A slow start - but I liked it overall. Halfway through I thought that I wouldn't be interested in reading the final book - but I think I'll be putting it on my to-read list :)

message 12: by Kim (new)

Kim | 14 comments I have to agree with some of you guys. It was a very SLOW start for me. I even read Shiver, incase there was a back story that I needed to know about. I'm not really feeling it, but I don't really hate it. I'm not sure if its because of her parents, Isabel (I like her, but she's a bit too mean) or the entire situation. However, I will be reading "Forever" because, now I want answers. Just hope that the author knows exactly where the plot is going.

Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Linger (other topics)
Forever (other topics)