Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Previous BRs - Authors; E - H > Glisson, P.Q. - Her Sanctuary (September 2010 BOM)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (last edited Aug 25, 2010 08:53AM) (new)

Lauren | 931 comments This is one of our Books of the Month for September. It would be great if you all joined us in reading it! Once you have finished you can post your thoughts, feelings, and opinions on the book here. We have an Author Q&A session scheduled with P.Q. Glisson from October 1st to the 3rd. This is good prep for the session! Hope you like the book.

message 2: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckysbusyreading) | 67 comments I will join in and read this book for September!! I have never read this author and am excited to be trying out new things.

message 3: by Sashana (new)

Sashana Wow thanks Becky. We're looking foward to the discussion :)

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 931 comments Becky wrote: "I will join in and read this book for September!! I have never read this author and am excited to be trying out new things."

The author, P.Q. Glisson, is visiting us October 1st to the 3rd! Hope you can come :)

message 5: by Lacey (new)

Lacey | 61 comments I've already read this book, I liked the storyline very much, it was crafted beautifully. Can't wait to dicuss it with you guys!!

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 931 comments That's great Lacey!

message 7: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckysbusyreading) | 67 comments I ordered the book and expect it next week! Then I can start reading and discussing.

message 8: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckysbusyreading) | 67 comments I just finished Her Sanctuary. I like P.Q.'s style of writing and would probably read future books of hers.

First off this book was steamy, I was not expecting it (not that I mind)to be that steamy.

What I liked about this book was how 2 deeply scarred people find their soul mates. These 2 people deserved their HEA with their histories; Shannon being sold at the age of 16 to an abusive old coot, and Seth with his family dying in a car accident while he was driving is enough for most people to never want to accept love again. But lucky for them they find a true deep love with each other.

Joseph was a real piece of work; I was rather surprised that he never did rape Shannon. I kept expecting that he would repeatedly rape her once abducted her. But I was happy that when he decided to rape her that Seth was there to prevent him.

I have to admit the whole idea that Seth could project himself into Shannon’s prison room, touch her, get off, and have it recorded a little weird. I guess I wasn’t expecting any mythical experiences to occur in this book and was taken aback.

I'll stop there for now. What are your opinions?

message 9: by Lisarenee (last edited Sep 11, 2010 12:08PM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments I finished Her Sanctuary last night. I really liked it. I truly didn't know what to expect when I began reading this book and was pleasantly surprised. I found the two characters very interesting with their different backgrounds. One thing they had in common was that they were both unjustly accused of killing their spouses.

Becky, I agree I was pretty surprised at Seth being able to project himself into Shannon's room/prison was very different. The fact it was recorded was interesting to me. One of Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dream-Hunter's books did something similar, but it wasn't caught on tape. The medicine man being hinted to as the Wolf was interesting as well. I kind of wish there had been an prologue added with an Indian legend included in it that would foreshadow the projection/wolf aspect.

Joseph was definitely a believable bad guy. I liked how P.Q. portrayed him and could see he was a good guy doing nothing wrong in his own mind. Every little thing Shannon did was twisted by him to fit what he wanted to see. I also am surprised that during the time Shannon was under his control he didn't rape her. It seemed to take forever for Seth to reach her. I also was surprised a helicopter or some other vehicle couldn't be dispatched to pick them up once Shannon and Joseph had been located. Must ask P.Q. about this.