Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Fantasy/Sci-Fi > R.I.P Satoshi Kon

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex DeLarge (new)

Alex DeLarge | 851 comments Damn it all to hell...

One of the great Japanese directors passed away yesterday at the age of 47. He was almost finished with his latest project so I hope it can be released someday true to his unique vision.

I mentioned the animated film PAPRIKA in the INCEPTION topic and again must highly recommend it; please check it out and you will begin to fall in love with the handfull of films that this wonderful director brought to life.

message 2: by Phillip (last edited Aug 25, 2010 10:47AM) (new)

Phillip | 10703 comments yeah, i read about this. i need to check out his stuff, don't really know it. thanks for posting, alex. baxter mentioned this in another thread.

message 3: by Steve (new)

Steve | 957 comments I have PERFECT BLUE on DVD, but it's been a while since I watched it. I did watch and like PAPRIKA earlier this year. Sad to lose a talent that young.

message 4: by Lee (new)

Lee (EL_Postal) | 15 comments Sad news. And to die so young. PERFECT BLUE was such a great anime film.

message 5: by Robin (new)

Robin (goodreadscomtriviagoddessl) It saddens me when anyone leaves this earth much ahead of their time. But look what he made in such a short period of time.