The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

CONTEST ENTRIES > 2011-I LOGO CONTEST

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by scherzo♫ (last edited Aug 27, 2010 02:11AM) (new)

scherzo♫ (pjreads) NOTE: Challenge from DEC 2010 - FEB 2011 will have a new name based on new theme.

This is the thread for the logo design contest. Each season group members will have the opportunity to design a new logo that will represent the group during the duration of the following challenge.

Pictures and anything used to create the logo should be original material (i.e. no copyrighted images). Include links in your post to resources modified for elements of your design.

You can post a picture directly in this thread or provide a link to the image. The logo should reflect in someway the season and purpose of the group.

This thread will be opened for submissions on 1 SEP 2010 and it will close at Midnight EST on 21 NOV 2010 - voting will start the next day and run until the end of the day on the 30th. The winning submission will replace the current logo on DEC 1st. Good Luck To Everyone!!

message 2: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10917 comments Mod
LOGO UPDATE

The theme for the Winter 2010-2011 Challenge has been determined and it it -- ASIA.

As with the tasks for the Winter Challenge, logo designers are not required to use this theme in their designs. However, it is another idea/direction to play with if you so desire. Good luck and have fun!

message 3: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 1341 comments Is it one submission per member? I have a bunch of designs but am down to 3.

message 4: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17593 comments Mod
one entry per person (your odds look good right now- no entries- the deadline is tomorrow night

message 5: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 1341 comments Usually after I post, others do. HEE!

message 6: by Usako (last edited Nov 20, 2010 09:12AM) (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 1341 comments [image error]

Public Domain Site: Image

I couldn't re-find the website that I located which explicitly states the artwork falls under public domain now.

If anyone else wants to see the other designs, feel free to PM. And thanks to Ms Anderson for helping me decide.

message 7: by kiki (new)

kiki (keekers) | 821 comments oooh, like! :)

message 8: by Valorie (new)

Valorie  | 824 comments Love it Tanja! Great picture!

message 9: by Sheila (last edited Nov 22, 2010 11:22AM) (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) | 2244 comments description

Here is my first attempt at creating a logo. For the quilt I used my quilt designing software called EQ7 and for the books I used clipart from http://www.school-clip-art.com/book_c...

Update

I just checked the schedule of events for the Winter Challenge and it looks like I am a day late in submitting the design but it was fun to try and figure out how to use the quilt design software (new upgrade that I just bought) and then it was a learning experience to figure out how to import the picture. So all is good even if my being late disqualifies my design.

message 10: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 17593 comments Mod
You're ready for the Spring Challenge now Sheila!
(sorry, you are too late)

message 11: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 1341 comments Sheila, I love your quilt design. Very holiday-ish. Bet you could use the same design but alter the colors around to spring flowers. The every other square could be a clipart flower or book. :)

message 12: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 1341 comments Since the logo design is past the point for submission, I can NOW show the other designs for funsies!!

[image error]

Sled Base Public Domain Image

[image error]

Snowball Base Public Domain Image