Lesley Pearse fans discussion

what is your fav lesley pearse book and why

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kirk (topazdolphin) | 1 comments Mod
Mine so far is Remember me because or all the Australian history from the first fleet and I loved Mary and her spirit that never gave up, but I haven't read all yet so it might change latter

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I love all her books, but now I am reading Never Look Back, it is absolutely brilliant.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I have just finished Never Look Back, one of the best books I have read, some of the chapters in the book, I just sat and sobbed my heart out, especially when one of the characters died.

I find all Lesley Pearce books excellent, but Never Look Back is special. I have 'Remember Me' to read, that is supposed to be excellent as well.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I cannot wait now to get my hands on Belle when the paperback comes out on the 7th July.

I have not read her last book Stolen, a lot of the reviews on Amazon, people were quite disappointed with that particular book

message 5: by Linda (new)

Linda | 3 comments Yes I noticed also that on Goodreads some of the readers were disappointed, but I enjoyed it and was happy to give it a 5 star. I think you really need to read books yourself sometimes, as we are all have different opinions.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I also agree with you Linda, I have got quite a lot of Lesley Pearse books, my favourite authors, I normally try to collect all there books in time, some times I buy them new, mostly charity shop ones in good condition, new books are so expensive, I will be buying stolen eventually.

message 7: by Linda (new)

Linda | 3 comments I get all my books from the charity shops Vanessa and majority of them I read them only once and pass them on too.
Has I read quite a lot I couldn't afford to buy them full price I usually have two books going at once.
Have you been on Lesley Pearse own web site its quite interesting.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I have Linda, been on Lesley Pearse website, she has not had an easy life herself.

I also buy a lot of my books in charity shops, they are so expensive to buy in book shops. I do not pass on Lesley Pearse books or any of my favourite authors, I collect them all, and will eventually read the best ones again.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Today I bought 'Belle', just arrived in the shops, W H Smith are selling it on special offer for £3.99

message 10: by Dan (new)

Dan O | 1 comments I really enjoyed Belle, and can't wait for the second part to come out. I think my favourite so far is Remember me. But i haven't read Never Look Back yet. That one is next on my list. I'm living in Dubai at the moment and Lesley's books can be quite hard to track down over here.

message 11: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenlmason) | 1 comments Gypsy is my favourite LP book, followed closely by Camelia. I've started reading Belle but so far I'm not very impressed, but it may well get better.

message 12: by Denise (new)

Denise | 1 comments Never Look Back is my all time favourite, closely followed by Remember Me. Definite MUST READS with characters impossible not to care about, memories of whom stay with you for a long time. Lesley Pearse is an absolute genius, I have loved all of her books and am desperately awaiting her new book 'Forgive Me'.

message 13: by Tracey85 (new)

Tracey85 (tattedtaurus) Hope is my favourite book of Lesley's. I did the "don't judge a book by its cover" thing and bought it because the girl on the front looked mysterious. I read the book in 2 weeks, and re-read it more than once. I give it 5 stars!

message 14: by Yeoh (new)

Yeoh Lingxuan | 1 comments There seems to be a lot of good reviews for "remember me" and "never look back". I have read remember me but I don't think that it is her best book. My favourite so far is still "father unknown". It was the only book I cried when I read it. Maybe because I am so close to my sister and I can't imagine that ever happen to us.

message 15: by shel (new)

shel hales | 1 comments I have read remember me and couldn't out it down, I have also read a lesser evil and although It was another 'good read' I don't feel it was anywhere near as good as remember me :)

message 16: by Leonie (new)

Leonie van Driel | 1 comments Trust me was the first book I've read by Lesley Pearse ...I couldn't stop crying...Remember me is a close second.
I've read that LP herself finds Never look back her most enjoyable/best book but haven't read that one yet.

message 17: by Ann (new)

Ann Waireri | 1 comments My favorites are Never Look Back, Hope, Gypsy, Remember Me, A Lesser Evil and Charlie in that order. Just about to start on Father Unknown.