Love Inspired Historicals discussion

more help for school

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Hi Im doing another class where I need to do a customer survey in a field i would like to work in I am pretending I am working in a bookshop and wanting to introduce bookclubs.
If you have a couple of minutes to take a survey you can go to

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm...

thanks in advance for the help.

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Done!

message 3: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
I did it, too!

message 4: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Thanks so much every one helps I didn't list Christian books as I figure most answering online would be reading Christian fiction where as ofline most read all types of fiction people who I am doing computing with. Most do not read Christian fiction (a few do) But I was writing as if I was working at a Christian bookshop.
Love the answers
I am thinking I possibly needed to say what a book club is but figure most know but I had a couple at tafe who love reading but were unsure what a book club was.
The more answers the better I have about 10 now. Would love to get around 25+

message 5: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments I took it, Jenny!

message 6: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 202 comments Jenny, interesting survey. I hope you can tell us your results when you get them.

message 7: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments Done...

message 8: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Thanks all.
It will be interesting as most days have the same amount of responses and same with time. I will need to look more closely to see what people have put to get a better idea also some have put the 2 days that suit them.
all except war are on equal footing. Cos I was giving it to some who are not use to some of the new genres like chick lit I left that one off.
I have noticed a few other catagories added like biography, regency, sci fi which i was going to add and others a few have put christian, or christian fiction. But it is good. I am hoping to find a few men to fill this out also as I want to get a broad section of people who read and go to bookstores.

message 9: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Bylin (victoriabylin) | 198 comments Hi AusJenny! I just did the survey. I belong to a book club and thoroughly enjoy it. We meet every 4-6 weeks depending on people's schedules and book availability. It's through the church I go to, so it's Christian fiction. Once in a while we do nonfiction. About 20 women belong. Attendance ranges from 7 to 17. We generally read books that are a few years old because several of hte ladies are big library users. It's a ton of fun, and the best part is reading books I normally wouldn't have picked up. Oh! We meet Monday night, but this month we're meeting on Friday for dinner first. Can't wait!

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Ausjenny wrote: "Thanks all.
It will be interesting as most days have the same amount of responses and same with time. I will need to look more closely to see what people have put to get a better idea also some hav..."

lol I added regency for you!

message 11: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments I did it! :) Sorry I didn't read this post sooner Jenny! Sometimes I just check the ones I have posted to with my time limited at times now that my daughter's school and activities have started!

message 12: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Margaret here are the results for the survey
From the survey the 2 most popular times are Saturday evening and Monday Afternoon.
Wednesday Morning is also the favoured Morning. The question allowed for more than one time frame and there were many respondents who put more than one day or time that would suit them.

As you can see by the graph below 63% prefer a monthly meeting. Six weekly being the next most favoured option.

Historical was the most popular choice from our customers but with the exception of war most others were well represented also. Again customers could choice more than one category and the majority did chose at least one other category. Of the others suggested I added Fantasy, biography, regency and classic to the graph. Other suggestions mostly were already included in the survey. For example psychological thrillers fits into suspense, regency fits into historical. A couple of other suggestions included old novels which is ok as long as they are still in print, different translations of novels which could become expensive. Children’s fiction which is another idea we could consider as if enough children were interested we could have a club for children.

I asked what incentive customers would appreciate to purchase the bookclub read. Most would prefer a 25% discount of the bookclub book. A couple of people did respond to more than one incentive. One other suggestion was buy one get one free. No one responded to 5% of all purchases. I included this suggestion as some of our customers who are buying several books a month could save more with 5% of all sales.

these were the basic findings. I have graphs of it and if you wanted to read the report I did for the assignment I could send it.

message 13: by Brandy (new)

Brandy (brandymorrisontt76hotmailcom) | 24 comments Went to do the survey. It said it wasn't a valid survey link and to contact you, to have you resend it :-(

message 14: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
Brandy -- I think the survey is over. Ausjenny set it up several months ago and is now reporting what she found out. That's the problem with Goodread threads -- the dates of the first comments may have been long passed and the thread still has recent comments, too.

message 15: by Brandy (new)

Brandy (brandymorrisontt76hotmailcom) | 24 comments Ah. Ok. Thanks Janet!

message 16: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Sorry Brandy,
Margaret wanted to see the results so I wanted to let her know what my results were.

message 17: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments That's kinda interesting Ausjenny. Glad we could help you out!