Delirity discussion

Authors D-E > Perfect Chemistry - S. Elkeles

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Feb 24, 2011 10:46AM) (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1) by Simone Elkeles Rules of Attraction (Perfect Chemistry, #2) by Simone Elkeles Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemisty, #3) by Simone Elkeles

message 2: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments I LOVED the first one. I ended up buying the audiobook after I read it just so I could listen to it. I did like the second as well, but nobody can compete with Alex.

message 3: by Lani (new)

Lani (crahfty) I liked Rules of Attraction better than Perfect Chemistry. Carlos and Kiara were just more a believable couple IMO. I felt Brittany and Alex were a little too stereotypical for me. Plus I identified with Kiara a lot, so that's probably the basis for my bias.

message 4: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 65 comments I loved Perfect Chemistry. I thought it was sweet, and Alex and Brittany are adorable.
Of course, at the same time, I felt like I had read it before, but that didn't bother me in the slightest.
I'm always on the lookout for a good, old fashioned genuine love story.
Plus, it made me cry. Always a plus.
:D
I also loved Alex#'s family, and the relationships between them.
I desperately want the sequel. But I can't get it till next year. :(

message 5: by Heather (new)

I'm in the middle of PC and loving it. I can see where all the screw ups are going to happen though.

message 6: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments It is pretty predictable. Still a fun read though, =D.

message 7: by Heather (new)

I finished it. I liked it. I think if it were written by anyone else I wouldn't have liked it, but for some reason Elkeles doesn't bother me when she foreshadows too much of the plot.

message 8: by Jessica B (new)

Jessica B | 292 comments I Loved both of these. Picked up the first one for a group read earlier this year and couldn't stop at just one. I really enjoyed both Alex's and Carlos's story and was happy to see some familiar faces in book 2! I'm excited to read about the last Fuentes brother!

message 9: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments Im reading PC now I like it although I dont get how they know and are always talking about being fake. She does alot more of telling than showing and I dont really like that type of writing but I actually am loving this book and flying thru it. I would love to get rules of attraction for my book shelf but its in hard cover and I cant find it on sell anywhere so I have to wait for the library :( which i hate id rather by my books so I can read them when I want to and dont have to be rushed if i decide to put a book down for a while I can do so.

message 10: by Heather (new)

I just finished book 2. It was really cute.

message 11: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments I am not sure if I liked Return to Paradise more or less than Perfect Chemistry. I liked The Rules of attraction, but I liked it the least out of all of Elkeles books.

message 12: by Heather (new)

It feels like the end was a little rushed. It developed well, but then needed another 20-50 pages for the final scene to make it better. Sometimes I think authors get so caught up writing the story that they forget it has to end and then don't have the alloted pages to make the ending great. It's easy to get caught up as the writer, but you'd think an editor would notice.

message 13: by Heather (new)

http://www.simoneelkeles.net/

I'm traumatized by the Perfect Chemistry rap.

message 14: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 65 comments So was I. It's just...odd!

message 15: by Lani (new)

Lani (crahfty) I would just like to say I think the Rules of Attraction trailer makes up for the Perfect Chemistry trailer ten fold...

http://www.youtube.com/user/selkeles#...

message 16: by Heather (new)

I couldn't get it to play. I'll have to try your link when I get time. Gtg, but I snuck on for 2 mins.

message 17: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 65 comments I really liked the rules of attraction trailer. Just wish they did that for PC, instead of...*shudders* THAT!

On a side, and kind of related, note: The third PC cover is GORGEOUS!

message 18: by Angela (new)

Angela B I watched not even half of the OPC trailer n then got scared and ran away

message 19: by Lani (new)

Lani (crahfty) I had a friend tell me that money was the main reason for the vast difference in the trailers. Elkeles had more money for the ROA trailer so it was obviously better. I still think the PC trailer was bad though, because they purposely made it corny and cliche and I don't think that's where she was going in the book.

message 20: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 432 comments Have you all seen the cover for the last in the series?

HOT!!

description

message 21: by Zuleika (new)

Zuleika Eeeeeek I can't wait! and you know this must be a scene from the book like with Rules of Attraction

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments It isn't as cool as looking as Rules of Attraction, but it is definitely awesome!!

message 23: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 432 comments Stacia wrote: "What is she holding on to in the shower?"

The chain to the shower?

message 24: by Heather (new)

I thought that too, but i'm wondering why they have herhanging on to it,

message 25: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 432 comments It actually looks like one of those chemistry safety showers, even though the walls look like a shower room.

Maybe they messed up a science experiment and then decided to experiment on each other instead?

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Wow!! You just made me snort/inhale/laugh my coffee. Oh, it burns.

message 27: by Heather (new)

I thought maybe he kissed her and she pulled the shower to get him off her. Although, if it happened then it'd only be in the beginning of the story when they hate each other, but Samantha's theory works better.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Yes, I like Samantha's theory better!! ^_-

message 29: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 432 comments Lol, either way the result is the same.

message 30: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments Heather wrote: "I thought maybe he kissed her and she pulled the shower to get him off her. Although, if it happened then it'd only be in the beginning of the story when they hate each other, but Samantha's theory..."

Lol. She doesn't look like she is trying to get away from him though. she looks like she is enjoying it as much as he is, hehehehe.

message 31: by Heather (new)

Ya, but they always do that right before their brain clicks and says "Holy Shit!" and they shove them away.

message 32: by Angela (new)

Angela B those dang brains anyways!

message 33: by Lani (new)

Lani (crahfty) The cover certainly is intriguing.

message 34: by Heather (new)

my library doesn't even have it yet

message 35: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I finally read the first 2 of these ones. I really liked them. I think my favorite part is the epilogue's, I love seeing how things are 20 years or so in the future for them. I have requested the last one, just waiting for it from the library.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments That was really fun with the first book. I"m still waiting for the others to come out in paperback. *sigh* it's taking forever.

message 37: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I know exactly what you mean Shera! Rules of Attraction finally came out two days ago. :) I ordered it last month and when I got the email that it was shipping I got so excited. :D

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments I just finished Chain Reaction and loved it. I think it had all the magic of the first book.

Luis was very cute and funny. He may have done the impossible and ousted Alex off my top spot. I smiled a lot while reading the book.

message 39: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments I'm so ready to read chain reaction money is tight but I might splurge soon

message 40: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments Stacia ~ SAMCRO girl wrote: "I just finished Chain Reaction and loved it. I think it had all the magic of the first book.

Luis was very cute and funny. He may have done the impossible and ousted Alex off my top spot. I smiled..."

OMG, really?! I love Alex.

I have it but haven't had a lot of reading time.

message 41: by Heather (new)

We're still technically reading this one even though I listed it as Read in the bookshelf. We just have newer books that had to be added.

message 42: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments i put this one on hold im sure its good but Im not into anything based in romance land. just had a break up soooo urban fantasy and action and character based YA for me for a couple months.

message 43: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I just picked up the last one today at the library, not sure when I will get to it, but soon.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments It's killing not reading them!!

message 45: by Jessica B (new)

Jessica B | 292 comments I started this one a few days ago. For some reason I am having a hard time getting into it. I LOVED the first two so I am hoping that I get out of this weird funk and enjoy this book!

message 46: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments I liked it, but probably the least out of all of them.

Sorry about your break up Chakara. :(

message 47: by Heather (new)

Finally got to book 3. I liked parts of it, but Luis kind of created his own problems that weren't necessary. I liked the little extra chapter at the end.

message 48: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Heather wrote: "Luis kind of created his own problems that weren't necessary."

That is very true!