Delirity discussion

Authors D-E > Leaving Paradise - S. Elkeles

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
Leaving Paradise (Leaving Paradise, #1) by Simone Elkeles Return to Paradise by Elkeles, Simone

message 2: by Heather (new)

I finally read Leaving Paradise and I was amazed. I loved it. The story really get to you.

I'm not loving the cover for book 2, but I'm anxiously awaiting it.

message 3: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments I can't wait for it either, but I don't remember a lot of the first one. I feel like I have to read so many books over again because I don't remember a lot of them.

message 4: by Lani (new)

Lani (crahfty) Heather-I feel you on the cover. The guy looks too much like actor Taylor Lautner (who plays Jacob in Twilight). It's bugging me. I'll have to re-read LP, I don't remember the description of Caleb...

message 5: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 65 comments Leaving Paradise was amazing. I love Simone. She writes these poignant, sweet story's that seem genuine and all the characters are lovable.
Maggie and Caleb had amazing chemistry, and I loved the twist at the end.
Although I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel, I think LP itself could make a great film. After all, Hollywood is now cynical and jaded and no one ever ends up together by the end anymore....which depresses me.
:(
Maggie and Caleb forever.

message 6: by Heather (new)

Lani wrote: "Heather-I feel you on the cover. The guy looks too much like actor Taylor Lautner (who plays Jacob in Twilight). It's bugging me. I'll have to re-read LP, I don't remember the description of Caleb..."

Big buff wrestler type. He lifts a lot of weights. So, a taller Lautner could work. I don't remember hair color and all that though.

message 7: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 65 comments I was thinking more along the lines of Drew Roy or Sean Faris as Caleb

message 8: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 65 comments Caleb: Drew Roy would be a good match.

Also, would Ashley Leggat be bad as Maggie?

message 9: by Heather (new)

What does he play in?

message 10: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 65 comments He's kind of an unknown actor. He's up and coming. I just think he has the right look, ya know. Can be sweet, but looks like a badass/

message 11: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I love that actor! I don't see the resemblance between Lautner and the guy on the cover. . O.o I just thought that the guy on the cover didn't look as good-looking as I imagined Caleb to be.

message 12: by Heather (new)

I just didn't like the second cover. It's so different from the first one it doesn't feel cohesive.

message 13: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I really dislike it too.

message 14: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I'm reading Leaving Paradise right now, and I'm loving it! It was a really bad idea to start it at about 1:30 A.M. because I didn't stop reading until I was read to pass out form exhaustion at 3:00 A.M. I missed the Walk for Breast Cancer this morning because I was to tired from reading so late. =X

I've read a lot of reviews saying that they don't like Caleb's character anymore because he changed to much and is really cruel to Maggie. I don't agree with that at all though. Yes, Caleb changed but I think his attitude is realistic, and I don't think he's cruel to Maggie. I think he's trying to protect her in his own way. . . I'm not exactly sure how to explain my feelings about him. I just know I still love him.

message 15: by Heather (new)

I think he was just coping. I think he's coping with his issues and doesn't understand why Maggie might actually have issues in the beginning. Some of Maggie's issues were mental and caused by herself shutting herself off, but understandable considering...
Caleb thought his problems were bigger. Everyone is self-centered by nature so that's no surprise. He has to start talking to Maggie before he understands.
I agree with you Jasmine - that's more realistic.

message 16: by Lani (new)

Lani (crahfty) I'm about halfway through Return to Paradise and loving it! It's predictable and a bit cheesy, but I love cute love stories!

message 17: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 65 comments I loved Caleb...I'm surprised people didn't like him. Yeah, he was a little mean to Maggie, but he protected his sister when she needed him most. I love guys who protect their families.

message 18: by Heather (new)

I FINALLY got book 2 from the library. I'm hoping to get to it soon.

message 19: by Zuleika (new)

Zuleika Book 2 is uh-ma-zing. I think its the best book Simone Elkeles has written so far (including the perfect chemistry series).

message 20: by Angela (new)

Angela B I know I asked this somewhere but I can't find it, is this a spin off of perfect chemistry or can I read these first ya think?

message 21: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments They have nothing to do with Perfect Chemistry. :)

message 22: by Angela (new)

Angela B wonderful thank you :) I would have been bummed if I had to get to that first!

message 23: by Heather (new)

I liked these better.

message 24: by Angela (new)

Angela B I've heard that from a few people which is why I bought the first in this series :)

message 25: by Adriana (new)

Adriana (adrinori) I love all of Simones books that i have read i first read perfect chemistry and could not put it down then i got all rules of attraction and leaving and return to paradise in the mail on one day and i finished them all in two days i loved all of them...Out of return to paradise and Leaving paradise i enjoyed return to paradise more....but i enjoyed all of them..