Vegitarianism! discussion

Veggie Chat

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmm, well for about 3 years now I've been interested in vegetarianism, I had tried, but because I am only a teenager I had quit failed several times because it was so hard... but just a few days ago it was my one year anniversary for being a vegetarian. I started to cut back on meat when I watched youtube videos of hidden cameras in slaughter houses, then in circuses, then in puppy mills. It grew from there to reading articles and books about it, I started off by only stopping eating cow and pig products. Then after a while I stopped eating chicken and fish too. I think, even if I did go back to eating meat, I'd never eat beef again. Because not only are we killing an animal, but we are drugging them so that they'll grow faster. It's SO unhealthy for you.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Also, if you would like to join a larger group of vegetarians please follow this link, make an account, then add me!

http://www.volentia.com/profile/Madis...

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

That was one of the videos that had it for me too, I am very glad that it's recruited someone else. It can be hard to be a vegetarian in a household of avid meat eaters, but all you have to know is how to side eat.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Lucky, my family ridicules me for it.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I got mono from my ex and my Uncle called me and told me for 30 minutes how I'm sick because I'm not eating Salmon.
My great-grandmother and brother tell me that just one person doesn't make a difference and how I shouldn't bother.
Etc...

message 6: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 3 comments Hi I've been a Vegetarian for 2 years now.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Clair, and cool. I hope to one day be able to say 2 years.

message 8: by Court:) (new)

Court:) H (justloveit---ch) I was a vegetarian for about 8 months. It was causing some health issues and it seemed to be more difficult to my family, so i'm back to normal except now i don't eat nearly as much meat and I'm a lot healthier because now i like fruit and vegetables since they were mainly what there was that i liked to eat.

message 9: by Court:) (new)

Court:) H (justloveit---ch) that was confusing. i just meant i am not anymore, but i'm glad i was because it helped me like foods that are healthier for me such as veggies and stuff...

αℓℓєx / ℓєxι / ∂αиαє єvαηs OH MY GOSH. I just watched the Youtube vid, "Meet Your Meat". I don't even know what to think! I had no idea they actually DID that to animals!!! I'm not a vegetarian, but that might change.

message 11: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 3 comments Court:) wrote: "I was a vegetarian for about 8 months. It was causing some health issues and it seemed to be more difficult to my family, so i'm back to normal except now i don't eat nearly as much meat and I'm a ..."

It's strange that some people get sick not eating meat. I get sick when I even smell meat now. At first I had a few minor health problems, but now I'm even healthier than before.

message 12: by Court:) (new)

Court:) H (justloveit---ch) yea i even put up with the little health thinngs but i just made a decision one day because i wanted everything to be easier for my family and i also made my decision based on my religious opinions.