Let's Talk About Julie Garwood discussion

Contemporaries > JG's Contemporary Romances

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (last edited Feb 25, 2013 06:52PM) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 2159 comments Mod
A place to discuss your favorite Julie Garwood Contemporary Romance...

Heartbreaker (Buchanan, #1) by Julie Garwood Mercy (Buchanan, #2) by Julie Garwood Killjoy (Buchanan, #3) by Julie Garwood Murder List (Buchanan, #4) by Julie Garwood Slow Burn (Buchanan, #5) by Julie Garwood Shadow Dance (Buchanan, #6) by Julie Garwood Fire and Ice (Buchanan, #7) by Julie Garwood Sizzle (Buchanan, #8) by Julie Garwood Sweet Talk by Julie Garwood

message 2: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 7 comments I love all of Julie's Contemporary Romances. I love the Buchanan men and my very favorite is Mercy. Theo just does it for me (though Alec and Noah Clayborn are way up there)

Who is your favorite man in one of her Contemporary Romances?

message 3: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

I can't think of any I don't like but Noah stood out for me.

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Garwood Makes Me Smile (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 116 comments Mod
I haven't read any yet (she says sheepishly).

message 5: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I haven't read any yet (she says sheepishly)."

I think a lot of ppl who love her historicals get a little disappointed when they read her contemps but really if you read them and don't compare them with her historicals I think you'll appreciate them more.

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Garwood Makes Me Smile (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 116 comments Mod
That's a good way to look at it, Pamela.

message 7: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 10 comments I've only read the first three of her Buchannan series, but it's been a few years. I remember liking Heartbreaker the best so far. I need to get back to these and finish them up.:-)

message 8: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (creeker) I havn't read any of her contemparies yet I'm kinda afraid to really. I read J. McNaughts contemps and didn't really care for em but I loved her historicals, so I decided to not read any J. Garwood contemps. Maybe this winter I'll try one or two.

message 9: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 7 comments I would if I were you Creeker. I found them funny and intense, well written and believable. Except maybe Fire and Ice and Sizzle. But the others were really great.

message 10: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (creeker) Wendy wrote: "I would if I were you Creeker. I found them funny and intense, well written and believable. Except maybe Fire and Ice and Sizzle. But the others were really great."

Thanks! I think I'll try Heartbreaker first.

message 11: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 7 comments That is the first one that I read and I fell in love with her books and couldn't wait to get my hands on the others. Good Reading to ya!

message 12: by Shonna (new)

Shonna (sclaude) | 10 comments I started out reading all her contemps, then went back and read all her historicals, loved them all, my favorite contemp was Mercy, it had everthing, humor, romance, suspense, she has a new book coming out in the summer of 2011, can't wait.

message 13: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 7 comments Really? Do you know what it will be called? I will look for it.

message 14: by Shonna (new)

Shonna (sclaude) | 10 comments The Ideal Man, don't know if it in her Buchanan series or not, I got this off her website www.juliegarwood.com.

message 15: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 7 comments Thanks. I hope it is, there are still a couple of family members that she hasn't written about. The last couple were about friends of the family, but I would really like to hear about the other family members. The youngest daughter and the Navy Seal brother.

message 16: by Shonna (new)

Shonna (sclaude) | 10 comments I know, they also need to find some cousins or something, I just hate to see this family go away, I like to find out how they are doing whenever a new book comes out.

message 17: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

I didn't see that book listed in the website. Where did u go to find it?

message 18: by Shonna (new)

Shonna (sclaude) | 10 comments look under latest news, she talks the books that are soon going to be available on kindle & her new book.

message 19: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

ok thanks :)

message 20: by Kmwwjd (new)

Kmwwjd | 2 comments I've read all of her contemporaries, but to be honest I haven't read them in a while I need to pick them up and read them again. From what I do remember though I like Noah a lot and I also really liked Sam from her latest contemporary "Sizzle." Of course the Buchanan brothers are awesome too and I hope she continues to do books on the remaining brothers I really want to read stories about Michael and Zack.

message 21: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

I prefer her historicals but I have read and liked her contemporaries. Looking forward to her latest The Ideal Man by Julie Garwood

message 22: by Anne (new)

Anne Murugayah | 3 comments Hi ... I have read most of her historical but none on her contemporaries. Any suggestions on which i should start first?
Thanks a lot ...

message 23: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Heartbreaker (Buchanan, #1) by Julie Garwood is the first one.

message 24: by Anne OK (new)

Anne OK (anne-ok) | 5 comments I read Julie Garwood's latest "The Ideal Man" and it was fast, fun and okay -- nothing unusual or extraordinary. It was not a "Buchanan" series book. Guess we'll have to wait on another one of those awhile longer.

message 25: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Looking forward to read The Ideal Man even if it's not her best :)

message 26: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Guess she has another book coming out August 2012...

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...

message 27: by Joeera (new)

Joeera  | 109 comments Does this series have to read in order because i have 2 and 4 for now

message 28: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

No, not really. They are stand-alones. Just connecting characters (Buchanan family and friends) that show up. But each story is separate.

message 29: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 286 comments Sweet Talk Sweet Talk by Julie Garwood is about FBI Agent Grayson Kincaid of the Kincaid's from The Wedding The Wedding (Lairds' Fiancées, #2) by Julie Garwood . I love how she takes her historical familes and brings them into a contempory setting.

message 30: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Me too ☺

message 31: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Garwood Makes Me Smile (new)

I keep eyeing Heartbreaker. I am working on this pile of library books I impulsively checked out, but I want to slot it in in early April.

message 32: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

I loved Heartbreaker. I think I like it more every time I reread it.

message 33: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Garwood Makes Me Smile (new)

That's good to hear, Pamela!