Let's Talk About Julie Garwood discussion

Historicals > JG's Historical Romances

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (last edited Jan 11, 2011 08:55AM) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 2159 comments Mod
A place to discuss your favorite Julie Garwood historical romance...

Laird's Fiances

The Bride (Lairds' Fiancees, #1) by Julie Garwood The Wedding (Lairds' Fiancees, #2) by Julie Garwood

Highlanders' Lairds

The Secret (Highlands' Lairds, #1) by Julie Garwood Ransom (Highlands' Lairds, #2) by Julie Garwood Shadow Music (Highlands' Lairds, #3) by Julie Garwood

Crown's Spies

The Lion's Lady (Crown's Spies, #1) by Julie Garwood Guardian Angel (Crown's Spies #2) by Julie Garwood The Gift (Crown's Spies, #2) by Julie Garwood Castles (Crown's Spies, #3) by Julie Garwood

Rose

For the Roses (Rose, #1) by Julie Garwood The Clayborne Brides One Pink Rose, One White Rose, One Red Rose by Julie Garwood One Pink Rose (Rose, #2) by Julie Garwood One White Rose (Rose, #3) by Julie Garwood One Red Rose (Rose, #4) by Julie Garwood Come the Spring (Rose, #5) by Julie Garwood

Other Historical Romance Novels

Gentle Warrior (Tapestry Romance) by Julie Garwood Rebellious Desire by Julie Garwood Honor's Splendour by Julie Garwood The Prize by Julie Garwood Saving Grace by Julie Garwood Prince Charming by Julie Garwood

message 2: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

I think everyone who knows me knows that those hunky highlanders have a special place in me heart...

The Secret
The Bride
The Wedding
Ransom

And then there is Duncan Honor's Splendour and Royce The Prize

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann Noell (fantasyannie) It has been so long since I have read all these books that I don't really remember the stories, but I do remember loving them all. I just re-read The Prize and I'm looking forward to re-reading all her books again.

It seems every book I have read this month was just so so, I could put it down and pick it back up a few days later, just not to into any of them. Then I starting reading The Prize and could not put it down; that is the only good thing about being off work sick, I can read all day and night lol... Garwood books are magical!

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Garwood Makes Me Smile (last edited Aug 25, 2010 12:55PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 116 comments Mod
The Prize is my favorite, although I also love For the Roses. Her books are so readable. You're right, Ann.

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (creeker) Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "I think everyone who knows me knows that those hunky highlanders have a special place in me heart...

You really should try Michele Sinclairs Highlander Series They are really good.

message 7: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 10 comments I still have many of JG's historicals to read yet. I've re-read three somewhat recently and my favorite so far is The Prize. I could still remember parts of it some 15 years later.

message 8: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Creeker wrote: "Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "I think everyone who knows me knows that those hunky highlanders have a special place in me heart...

You really should try Michele Sinclairs Highlander Series They are r..."

I started her To Wed A Highlander but couldn't get into it at the time. I will probably try again when I get back into a historical mood again.

message 9: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (creeker) Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Creeker wrote: "Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "I think everyone who knows me knows that those hunky highlanders have a special place in me heart...

You really should try Michele Sinclairs Highlander S..."

You should try the first one The Highlander's Bride when you get in the mood again. But on a side note I tried to check her website and see when the next book is gonna come out, but everytime I go to her website it sends my pc into fits. Weird.

message 10: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

I really wish Ms. Garwood would give us some more historical hunky heroes. *sigh*

message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Garwood Makes Me Smile (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 116 comments Mod
Me too, Pamela!

message 12: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (creeker) Be nice if The Ideal Man was historical, but I'm sure it's not.

message 13: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Yes, it would, Creeker but the name doesn't "sound" historical to me.

message 14: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (creeker) Yeah me neither, so much for wishful thinking.

message 15: by Violeta (new)

Violeta  (cookielicious) | 24 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Yes, it would, Creeker but the name doesn't "sound" historical to me."

It doesnt sound historical to me either...but I still hope she will go back to the Highlands, I remember reading on her site that she has a few characters that she wants to write about, from previous books, and I just thought that maybe she was refering to the historical books. Like Quinlan and Faith from the end of Ransom...I want to read a book about them!

message 16: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

edited above to add Ms Garwood's novels

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I can't help but love all her books, they're all unique and special in their own ways. An when I pick one up and begin to read, it's difficult for me to put it down. Which makes for a great book in my opinion.

An though it's been a while since I've read her books, I remember one of my favs being The Lion's Lady, that and No Mercy(since it was the first book, I've read by her).

message 18: by Megan (new)

Megan I just picked up The Lion's Lady (Crown's Spies, #1) by Julie Garwood from the library. I can't wait to start it.

message 19: by Anne (new)

Anne Murugayah | 3 comments I just finished reading Ransom (Highlands' Lairds, #2) by Julie Garwood . Picked it up after reading about the book here. i really enjoyed it. Thank you.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "I really wish Ms. Garwood would give us some more historical hunky heroes. *sigh*"

Me too!!! Why has she given up the great stuff!!!!!!!!! I am really disappointed and sad to think there will be no more amazing stories from her.

message 21: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 1033 comments Mod
Sans and I are starting a "buddy read" of Garwood's Honor's Splendour by Julie Garwood in the Nothing But Reading Challenges group on Monday, July 11, 2011. If anyone wants to join us, or just pop in to say "Hi!", here is the link: HR Buddy Read.

message 22: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

sounds like fun. I love that book and just reread it recently.

message 23: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new)

I've re-read it several times, but this will be a first for Sans.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I even bought that book on itunes and listen on long drives and cleaning house. I LOVE that book!

message 25: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

They released a bunch of her historicals on ebooks now.

I've never listened to a book. I may have to try it and see if I like it.

message 26: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new)

I was hoping it was available via audio at my library. Alas, it isn't. **pouts**

message 27: by Joeera (last edited Jun 16, 2012 06:35PM) (new)

message 28: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Wonderful ones! We are discussing The Lion's Lady in Group reads if you want to come put your 2 cents in. lol